Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Fave Zombie Film? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/3405-fave-zombie-film.html)

Hugh 9th August 2010 07:19 PM

^ That one up in the corner.

But you knew that if you'd seen the "Double Dipper" thread in the members collections part of the site. :lol:

dis 9th August 2010 07:31 PM

zfe! think evil dead is more demons than zombies,this would be 1st if were a proper zombie!

pedromonkey 9th August 2010 09:51 PM

im surprised at the amount of votes for ZFE, it's a good film but for me it ranks nowhere near Dawn.

Make Them Die Slowly 9th August 2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 96446)
im surprised at the amount of votes for ZFE, it's a good film but for me it ranks nowhere near Dawn.

I wonder if it's an age thing or the fact that ZFE has a shark fighting a zombie, surely one of the greatest scenes in the history of cinema.

Inspector Tanzi 9th August 2010 10:28 PM

Dawn of the dead is my favourite Zombie film.

I actually prefer The Beyonf but I wouldn't really class it as a zombie film although it has some in it.

wayfarer 11th August 2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 96452)
Dawn of the dead is my favourite Zombie film.

I actually prefer The Beyonf but I wouldn't really class it as a zombie film although it has some in it.

I wouldn't class either TED or The Beyond as Zed movies. What classifies as Zombie film for me, is dead people returning to life and consuming the flesh of the living. TED is demonically possessed people. The demons would only consume flesh for kicks, like tearing off their own hand;)

The Beyond only had "zombies" in because the German financiers/distributors insisted on it based upon Fulci's previous output. I still belive that they are more likely physical ghosts.

I've chosen DOTD because it is such a rich movie. ZFE is superb and a close second. TBH it depends what mood I'm in.

the blob 11th August 2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 96582)
IWhat classifies as Zombie film for me, is dead people returning to life and consuming the flesh of the living.

That's just the portrait of the modern zombie though that Romero created. Zombies, in anywhere near their original form, weren't flesh eating monsters. :D

wayfarer 12th August 2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 96597)
That's just the portrait of the modern zombie though that Romero created. Zombies, in anywhere near their original form, weren't flesh eating monsters. :D

I realise that. That's why I put the "for me" in the original sentence.:tongue1::)

Mojo 12th August 2010 08:40 PM

City Of The Living Dead for me. Everything about this film is just wonderful.

Romero's original NOTLD would be next - still utterly chilling.

I would have put Hammer's Plague Of The Zombies on there too. Superb - and very influential.

Vampix 13th August 2010 01:26 PM

I've always found NOTLD a little dull for some reason, I, personally, much prefer Dawn & Day.My absolute favourite would probably be Zombie Flesh Eaters, with Day of the Dead running it a very close second.My love of ZFE is probably for nostalgic reasons as much as the blood & gore.As it was one of the first video nasties I ever rented back in the pre-cert days, and opened my eyes up to a whole new world of graphic horror flicks after having only watched older horror movies (Hammer, Amicus, etc) on TV before.