Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   COLIN: The £45 zombie movie. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/3551-colin-%C2%A345-zombie-movie.html)

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 101326)
I don't like movies that look amateurish and while having some decent ideas, COLIN was just one hell of a boring film for me ...

We can forgive a film looking amateurish, if the story is engaging, with a good script, and great performances. But for me COLIN had none of this. Like I said earlier, I could only sit through half the film. I was bored to point of almost collapse, while watching this I'm afraid. A lot of people said that the film THE ROAD was slow, but that was a quality movie...

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 06:59 PM

Im looking foward to see what the director will do with a bigger budget.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that for sure. I'm curious to see what the makers of COLIN can achieve with a bigger budget, in the future too. I'm up the challenge...The way I see it, is that I've already taken one hell of a beating with COLIN, which means I can take pretty much anything thats thrown at me now! I've gone beyond the pain barrier... COLIN 2? Do your worst!!! LOL ;):lol:

DeadAlive 11th September 2010 08:59 PM

£45.

I'm sure no one actually takes that as a true figure.

It may have been a few pence either way. ;)

I can't seriously see a Colin 2 ever surfacing though. He'd expect to be paid a second time around.

BioZombie 11th September 2010 09:04 PM

Aparantly Marc Price the director of Colin has been given a bigger budget to do a WWII horror called Thunderchild.

Marc Price Goes to War with Thunderchild | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 101414)
£45.

I'm sure no one actually takes that as a true figure.

It may have been a few pence either way. ;)

I can't seriously see a Colin 2 ever surfacing though. He'd expect to be paid a second time around.

Exactly! I heard somewhere that the films budget was more likely to be closer to £200! This I can believe.
Well, yeah, it's probably for the best that theres no COLIN 2 I suppose...
He's had a good run for his money has Ol' COLIN. Hey, give it ten or fifteen years, and there's the possibility of a "COLIN RESURRECTION"!!
The possibilities are endless in movie-land as you know...

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 101415)
Aparantly Marc Price the director of Colin has been given a bigger budget to do a WWII horror called Thunderchild.

Marc Price Goes to War with Thunderchild | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central

Hey, thanks for the link, will check it out. Love any sort of new movie news me...

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 10:27 PM

For those out there that like COLIN: Well, I think a film such as COLIN is alway's destined to have a MARMITE effect on most people out there. You're either going to love it, or you're gonna hate it. Just the way it goes sometimes...
Personally, I was hoping for a lot from this film, heard some good feedback on it.
Was ultimately unmoved by it. Still own the dvd though, and intend to solider on through it eventually...A few stiff drinks should do it...

Mahoney32 15th September 2010 04:08 AM

Still haven't watched the rest of this film yet. Will do soon, cos I want to milk this thread a little more, and talk about the films second half, and climax etc...

PaulD 22nd September 2010 06:25 PM

I wasn't too impressed with it which was a shame as I was really looking forward to watching it when I heard about it.

Overall I just thought it didn't work - it was often slow and boring and showed why although it might seem like it at the time, making a zombie film from the zombie's point of view doesn't lead to a compelling story. I did like the way the beginning and end of the film matched up and I did admire the low-budget independent aspect of it, but overall I just didn't enjoy it.

I'd be interested to hear how the £45 budget was calculated though. Even though it did look cheap I have a hard time believing that no more than £45 was spent.

Mahoney32 22nd September 2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 104089)
I wasn't too impressed with it which was a shame as I was really looking forward to watching it when I heard about it.

Overall I just thought it didn't work - it was often slow and boring and showed why although it might seem like it at the time, making a zombie film from the zombie's point of view doesn't lead to a compelling story. I did like the way the beginning and end of the film matched up and I did admire the low-budget independent aspect of it, but overall I just didn't enjoy it.

I'd be interested to hear how the £45 budget was calculated though. Even though it did look cheap I have a hard time believing that no more than £45 was spent.

£45? I think that was just the beer money mate...lol