Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The 'To Watch' Pile (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/3848-watch-pile.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 26th October 2010 09:48 PM

The 'To Watch' Pile

I've just been looking at goodies to buy tomorrow, my pay day, when Mrs Make Them Die Slowly pointed at the "to watch pile" and said "Why not watch them before you waste more money". Setting aside the ensuing arguement about waste of money, I did a quick count up and realised I have 48 DVDs to watch and 4 box sets, including the massive Hammer and Meyer sets.

So, how many films do you have waiting to be watched?

Also, does anyone else on occasion look at their to watch pile and see it more as a chore rather than entertainment?

pedromonkey 26th October 2010 09:58 PM

good thread MTDS, i have at least 200 dvds that have been bought since January that need to be watched, but i keep going back and watching stuff ive seen countless times before. Thats the addiction for you.

Make Them Die Slowly 26th October 2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 110012)
good thread MTDS, i have at least 200 dvds that have been bought since January that need to be watched, but i keep going back and watching stuff ive seen countless times before. Thats the addiction for you.

200! Do you care to list them, or which one least takes your fancy.

Argentofan 26th October 2010 10:13 PM

44 and two Bava boxsets.

200 ped!? Good luck, haha.

DeadAlive 26th October 2010 10:56 PM

Not an exact count, but an approx....

60 DVDs
30 taped off Sky/TV (Some dating back to Christmas........2008)
20 or so stored on DVR (Plus TV series.)

Plus I have a rental account with Lovefilm that sees at least 20 rentals a month drop through my letterbox if I watch them within 48 hours of delivery.

And I often look at my to watch pile and think, "I fancy seeing (Insert old fav here) again tonight".

Phats 26th October 2010 11:52 PM

I have 27 blurays and 20 DVDs to watch at the moment - a few boxsets in the DVDs, Twin Peaks, The Sopranos and Mad Men series 1 and the Death Note anime boxset. This time last year it was probably at 250-odd and I've still been buying lots in that time. A lot of the time I end up watching movies I've just bought, e.g. over the weekend I bought Hider in the House, Terror at the Opera, Life During Wartime, Oasis of Fear and The Stepfather and managed to watch them all despite having a load of DVDs that I've bought years ago still unwatched.

broonage 27th October 2010 08:38 AM

This is an on-going battle at the Broonage household.

I try to watch at least 4 a week.

Gigantor 27th October 2010 10:56 AM

Im pretty good at watching stuff and I don't tend to let my to watch pile get to big at times it can get a little overwhelming.However after acouple days of serious views I can through them easily.I know alot of people do buy DVDS and never watch them

Pete 27th October 2010 12:16 PM

My DVD 'to watch' pile:

A - Adventures Collection (3 films), African Queen, Amacord, Android, Angel and the Badman, Antichrist, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

B - Ballad of a Gunfighter, Bangkok Dangerous (original), Basic Instinct 2, Beastmaster, The Big Country, Bizzare Voodoo Rituals, The Black Cobra, Black Cobra 2, Black Cobra 3, Blind Fist of Bruce Li, Blind Beast, Blood and Black Lace, Blood Feast 2, Bloodfist, Blood of the Zombie, Blood Sabbath, Boccaccio 70, Boggy Creek 2, Bone Sickness, Boy Meets Girl, Brain that Wouldn't Die, Britania Hospital, A Bucket of Blood.

C - Caged Fury, Camile 2000, Candle For the Devil, Candy, Castle Freak, Cave of the Living Dead, Cecilia, Charge of the Light Brigade, Cheech and Chong Collection, Cherry 2000, The Chinese Stuntman, C.H.U.D 2, Class of Nukem High, Cold Prey 1 - 2, Company of Wolves, Conan the Destroyer, Convent of Sinners, Creature Feature Collection (3 films), Crypt of Dark Secrets, Crypt of the Living Dead, Curious Dr Humpp, The Curse of Her Flesh, Cyclone.

D - Dagon, The Damned, Dans Ma Peau, The Dark Half, Dawn of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead 2, Days of Hell, Dead and Breakfast, Dead or Alive (Miike), Deathdream, Deathstalker, Deranged, Dirty Love 2, Dragon Tiger Gate, Drunken Master, Dummy, Dune.

E - The Eagle Has Landed, Emanuelle 3, Enter the Ninja, Evil Come Evil Go, Executive Target.

F - Fast Food Nation, Feast of Satan, Fiance of Dracula, Fiend Without a Face, Fightnight, Fitzcaraldo, Flesh Gordon, Frankenhooker, Frankenstein General Hospital, The Funhouse, Funny Games (original).

G - Graveyard of Honour, Graveyard Shift, Gremloids, The Grudge.

H - The Hand of Pleasure, Hanzo the Razor Trilogy, Hardcore (70's brit smut), Hatchet for the Honeymoon, Haunting Fear, Hell Prison (aka Women in Cell Block 7), Hitman (Jet Li), Horrors of Spider Island, How the West Was Won, Humanoid Woman.

I - I Drink Your Blood, The Immortal Bruce Lee, The Intruder (Corman), Iron Monkey

I'll list the rest later (If I can be bothered).

Gigantor 27th October 2010 12:52 PM

Hey Pete,

You have A LOT of good stuff in your pile.What's the hold up buddy?

Pete 27th October 2010 01:03 PM

Just haven't been in the mood to watch them. I'll probably have a film marathon in a few weeks and get through some of them.

thedudedesigns 27th October 2010 02:52 PM

Ha!

Im glad im not on my own i have my watched and to be watched pile, Im still waiting to get through my Cannibal collection: Cannibal Terror, Devil Hunter, Cannibal Ferox 1 and 2, Cannibal Holocaust (nasty version), Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals, Eaten Alive!

Then theres the banned list im working through:
The Anthropophagous Beast, Absurd, Axe!, Bloody Moon, Dont answer the phone, Dont go near the park, Unhinged, Terror Eyes, The Witch Who Came From the Sea, Island of Death... are all left!

and a load more i cant remember... i am looking forward to Perkins 14 and Lake Mungo, but you need the right time to watch them.... These things cant be rushed!!!

mbv 27th October 2010 05:03 PM

I'm have a huge amount of dvd's in my to watch pile. I buy a lot of stuff if I see it going cheap so the pile keeps growing.
Last night I was deciding what to watch so watched some of the Inferno BD extras and was going to watch City of the living dead(again) but decided on Eden Lake BD coz I'm determined to get through 'the pile'.

I'll get a list done and just start at the top!!

bdc 27th October 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 110008)
I've just been looking at goodies to buy tomorrow, my pay day, when Mrs Make Them Die Slowly pointed at the "to watch pile" and said "Why not watch them before you waste more money". Setting aside the ensuing arguement about waste of money, I did a quick count up and realised I have 48 DVDs to watch and 4 box sets, including the massive Hammer and Meyer sets.

So, how many films do you have waiting to be watched?

Also, does anyone else on occasion look at their to watch pile and see it more as a chore rather than entertainment?

48 and those box sets isn't really a big "to watch pile",I think you need to buy some more... ;)
Myself,I have loads to watch but I would never think it's a chore.
I do enjoy it.
I have periods when I buy lots,then periods where I buy little or nothing.
Usually catch up on my viewing in those ones... :)

Pete 27th October 2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 110072)
My DVD 'to watch' pile:

A - Adventures Collection (3 films), African Queen, Amacord, Android, Angel and the Badman, Antichrist, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

B - Ballad of a Gunfighter, Bangkok Dangerous (original), Basic Instinct 2, Beastmaster, The Big Country, Bizzare Voodoo Rituals, The Black Cobra, Black Cobra 2, Black Cobra 3, Blind Fist of Bruce Li, Blind Beast, Blood and Black Lace, Blood Feast 2, Bloodfist, Blood of the Zombie, Blood Sabbath, Boccaccio 70, Boggy Creek 2, Bone Sickness, Boy Meets Girl, Brain that Wouldn't Die, Britania Hospital, A Bucket of Blood.

C - Caged Fury, Camile 2000, Candle For the Devil, Candy, Castle Freak, Cave of the Living Dead, Cecilia, Charge of the Light Brigade, Cheech and Chong Collection, Cherry 2000, The Chinese Stuntman, C.H.U.D 2, Class of Nukem High, Cold Prey 1 - 2, Company of Wolves, Conan the Destroyer, Convent of Sinners, Creature Feature Collection (3 films), Crypt of Dark Secrets, Crypt of the Living Dead, Curious Dr Humpp, The Curse of Her Flesh, Cyclone.

D - Dagon, The Damned, Dans Ma Peau, The Dark Half, Dawn of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead 2, Days of Hell, Dead and Breakfast, Dead or Alive (Miike), Deathdream, Deathstalker, Deranged, Dirty Love 2, Dragon Tiger Gate, Drunken Master, Dummy, Dune.

E - The Eagle Has Landed, Emanuelle 3, Enter the Ninja, Evil Come Evil Go, Executive Target.

F - Fast Food Nation, Feast of Satan, Fiance of Dracula, Fiend Without a Face, Fightnight, Fitzcaraldo, Flesh Gordon, Frankenhooker, Frankenstein General Hospital, The Funhouse, Funny Games (original).

G - Graveyard of Honour, Graveyard Shift, Gremloids, The Grudge.

H - The Hand of Pleasure, Hanzo the Razor Trilogy, Hardcore (70's brit smut), Hatchet for the Honeymoon, Haunting Fear, Hell Prison (aka Women in Cell Block 7), Hitman (Jet Li), Horrors of Spider Island, How the West Was Won, Humanoid Woman.

I - I Drink Your Blood, The Immortal Bruce Lee, The Intruder (Corman), Iron Monkey

I'll list the rest later (If I can be bothered).

Continued...

J - Jennifer

K - Kaput Lager - The Last Days of the SS, The Killer, Killing of America, King Frat, The Kiss of Her Flesh, The Klansman, Kwaidan.

L - The Leopard Fist Ninja, Live Feed, London Voodoo, Long Weekend (Original), Lurking Fear.

M - Maitresse, Martin, Mind Ripper, Miranda.

N - Naked Killer, The Naked Witch, Nightwatch, Nikita, Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat, Not of this Earth (Wynorski), The Nortious Concubines.

O - Offerings, The One Armed Boxer.

P - Panco Villa (Tonio Vallerrii, Tele Savalas), Paths of Glory, Patrick, Phantasm 3, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Playgirls and the Vampire, PO Box Tinto Brass, Postman Fights Back, Prizzi's Honor, The Proposition, The Psychic, Pulse (Original), Pulse (Remake), Puppet Master.

Q - The Quiet Man

R - Raiders of the Living Dead, Ran, Rattlers, Rawhead Rex, Rituals, Romanzo Criminale, Romasanta.

S - Satan Returns, Satanis - The Devils Mass, Save The Green Planet, School Teacher in The House (Edwige Fenech:tongue1:), Schramm, Screaming Skull, Seeds of Sin, Silent Night Bloody Night, Sin City, Sinthia The Devils Doll, Sleepaway Camp 2, Snuff, Something Weird, The Stepford Wives (Original), The Story of O, The Swamp of the Ravens Switch Killer.

T - Tales of Ordinary Madness, Taxi (orignal french version), Taxi 2, Terror at Orgy Castle, The Terror Within 1 & 2, The Thirsty Dead, This Stuff'll Kill Ya!, Tokyo Decadence, Tomb of Ligeia, Tommy, The Touch of Her Flesh, Toxic Avenger 3, Troll, Troll 2, True Grit.

U - Unhinged.

V - Vacanze Per Un Massacro, Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, Viridana.

W - Whats the Matter With Helen?, Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?, Woman Called Abe Sada.

Y - Yellowhair and the Fortress of Gold.

I also have loads of DVDr's, VHS & VCD's I haven't watched.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 07:19 PM

I must be between 400-500 to watch now-collecting is as much as a buzz as watching them!:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 07:20 PM

Get Vacation Massacre watched Pete-nice little sleazy,gritty piece of exploitation.;)

Make Them Die Slowly 27th October 2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 110099)
48 and those box sets isn't really a big "to watch pile",I think you need to buy some more... ;)

Too true:nod:

DJBenz 28th October 2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 110008)
"Why not watch them before you waste more money".

I love the way that a man's passion is "a waste of money" yet anything the wife wants to spend money on is perfectly acceptable. :lol:

Exactly the same in my house too.

dawnofthedead 28th October 2010 09:47 AM

Hi Iam Chris I have a back log of movies I have not watched. Going to take 2 weeks off work to try and get through some of them. Iam off today to see what I can find while the mrs is at work

zombiematt 15th January 2011 08:20 AM

I know the feeling as I tend to get a load of DVDs in once I have watched what I bought but the missus says I don't need anymore DVDs yet she always needs a new Pair of shoes or trainers hummmm weird.

antmumford 15th January 2011 09:48 AM

I'm pretty lucky with my partner, she encourages me to get more DVD's sometimes. She appreciates my passion but I do think it's really to keep me off her back when she spends copious amounts of money on her make-up collection. We're both very obsessive and completist collectors.

As for DVD's to watch, my pile must be in the region of about 200 or so, that includes about 30 Blu-rays and films recorded on Virgin+

There's just not enough time in the day, I try to watch at least 1 a night when I get in from work. Doesn't help when some good stuff comes on TV, wastes my DVD watching time.

stefanmetal 15th January 2011 10:26 AM

About 20 stored on DVD-R

10 on DVD

Cut and run, Irreversible, Fantacide and A serbian film among others.

Bobz 28th January 2011 07:43 PM

I first saw this thread about a week ago and it made me wonder how many movies I had to watch as a result of my recent maniacal purchasing binge.

I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

On first count I had 80 to watch, that came as a real shock lol! Especially when I realised how much time its going to take to watch them all, and the fact that I know I am going to keep buying more haha!

This is the first time I have a sufficient amount of unwatched movies to amount to a list, sometimes I wonder what has come over me! :eek:

PaulD 28th January 2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 124801)
I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

Fear Itself was a sort of sequel to Mick Garris' Masters of Horror tv show. An anthology of various horror directors doing one-hour horror films. Didn't know Fear Itself was out on dvd, might have to pick it up especially if it's cheap.

Keeping on topic, coincidentally I have a whole season of Masters of Horror that's still unwatched.

Bobz 28th January 2011 10:55 PM

Hi Paul,

That sounds better than I expected. I thought it was just some short-lived tv series. It is indeed 13 (!) short films in the vein of Masters Of Horror. I think its a bargain at this price: Fear Itself Boxset.

I have seasons 1 and 2 of Masters of Horror to watch aswell. When I get a day to myself I might try to see how many I can watch in a row :pop2:.

If anyone is interested, I got the special boxsets of Masters of Horror from Amazon.com for 33 odd pound each including delivery(look for marketplace sellers Standing Ovation and deeveedees). The seasons 2 boxset in the skull is really something imo :).

I've just finished watching The Church, so my pile is a smidgen smaller now :lol:.

necroluciferia 29th January 2011 10:34 AM

I currently have around 11 or 12 DVDs I haven't watched yet and 2 I have borrowed that need to be re-watched. I subscribe to Love Film too so at the moment I have one to watch from there, and then I have several lists of films that I intend to stream when I get the time (which should be easier when I have my laptop hooked up to the net next month).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th August 2013 04:38 AM

So... how many more of you naughty people want to admit to having stacks of unwatched discs littering your homes?

Paul@TheOverlook 11th August 2013 08:23 AM

I have 100s and 100s, just not enough time to watch them. Many of mine are still shrink wrapped. I watch a film Most nights but usually with my wife, so there's a big proportion of films left unwatched because they're not the sort of films that she will sit through. [Sighs]

Paul@TheOverlook 11th August 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 110105)
I must be between 400-500 to watch now-collecting is as much as a buzz as watching them!:cool:

Ha! That probably sums me up too, Reaps.

antmumford 11th August 2013 09:17 AM

I've got giant plastic boxes in the cellar with hundreds and hundreds of DVD's to watch. Got shelves of Blu-ray's to watch too.
Good thing is that now I work in London and have a 2 hour commute each way I've been putting my DVD's onto the phone to watch on my journeys. Gradually working my way through

trebor8273 11th August 2013 09:19 AM

So much it makes me depressed just looking at them, might make a quick head count to see how many I do have to watch.

Rik 11th August 2013 09:37 AM

I have around half a dozen, I tend to watch stuff pretty much straight away, the perks of being a student with plenty of free time on my hands :nod:

demonknight 11th August 2013 10:11 AM

400+ I reckon. Mostly horror movies and live music concerts from the likes of
Nine inch Nails, Metallica, Slipknot, Slayer, Whitesnake and G3 live :rockon:

trebor8273 11th August 2013 02:19 PM

here we go

cheers seasons 1-10
burn notice 2-5
tales from the crypt 1-6
star trek tos remastered 1-3
deep space nine 1-7
Voyager 1-7
phantasm boxset
black christmas
jeepers creepers 1-2
ultraman
vampyres daughters of dracula
black cat
horror vision
ray bradbury theater
nightmare in a damaged brain
brain dead
mountain of the cannibal god
night of the comet
a field in england
faculity
troll 1 and 2
teenwolf 1 and 2
house of pain
the gladiator
the haunting
dont panic
darkman
retrurn to horror high
jabberwocky
offerings
monkey shines
reel evil
dead mans hand
spookie
vampires out for blood
the doorway
jack frost 2
puppetmaster/kiljoy 12 film collection
dumplings
death trap
hemoglobin
night of living dead remake
the manson family
deathbed
shallow ground
dark power
blade in the dark
zombie fesheaters 2
necromentia
cannible apocalypse
zombie holocaust
alienator
eye of the tiger
exterminator 2
midnight horror collection 1 and 2 16 movies
waxwork
976 evil 2
ghoulies 3
unholy
chud 1 and 2
chopping mall
slaughter high
class 1999
deadly friend
eyes of a stranger
the hand
someones watching me
gingerdead man 1 and 2
chuck season 1-5
cannibal ferox
strange behivour
gundum seed destiny
pieces
screamers
runestone
nightmare worlds 50 movie collection
sci fi invasion 50 movie collection
chilling movie collection 50
assault on doom 4
alien anthology
red baron complete series
hammer collection
demons 1 and 2
bubba ho tep
black sabbath
baron blood
deadly blessing
terrorvision
singing in the rain
the burning
mothers day
exorcist
insidious
sinister
sympathy for mr vengeance
kill list
v for vendetta
beauty and the beast 80s series
blakes 7
walking dead 1-2
berserk
how i met your mother 1-6
jack of all trades
legend of the galactic heroes
tenchi muyo
xtro 1-3
werewolf
mash
twilight zone original series
wonder woman 1-3
falling skies
dexter 1-6
airwolf 1-4
slayers complete
steins gate
eureaka seven
gurren lagann
clannad
appleseed xii
xena
Hercules
monk
gundam anime's

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th August 2013 03:24 PM

I have around 180 unwatched. I always have there or there abouts that many. :crazy:

PaulD 11th August 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 358022)
I have 100s and 100s, just not enough time to watch them. Many of mine are still shrink wrapped. I watch a film Most nights but usually with my wife, so there's a big proportion of films left unwatched because they're not the sort of films that she will sit through. [Sighs]

That's the same with me. She loves horror but not gialli or Italian stuff which is a shame. I have no idea how many in the unwatched pile but definitely a couple of hundred at least.

Delirium 11th August 2013 04:46 PM

I'm exactly the same in that my OH doesn't watch films at the same rate as me, but occasionally. So if I want to watch something, she's fine with it but goes in the other room to read or do her hobbies. So sometimes I forfeit a movie just for the company.

Ironically she's the opposite to Paul's missus - she doesn't like horror or exploitation stuff, but has really developed a taste for giallo! So every now and then she'll say "Let's watch a giallo!", like she did last night, which is great as I've got loads of them to get through.

SShaw 11th August 2013 04:52 PM

I introduced a rule a couple of years ago that the too watch pile should never be bigger than 10. If its over 10 then I don't buy anything new. Its currently around the 6 mark and has been stuck there for some time as I am tending to watch other things.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th August 2013 08:43 PM

Impressive list Trebor - there's loads of great films to tuck into there :nod: So much choice, so little time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 358071)
I introduced a rule a couple of years ago that the too watch pile should never be bigger than 10. If its over 10 then I don't buy anything new. Its currently around the 6 mark and has been stuck there for some time as I am tending to watch other things.

^ The Cult Labs' money saving tip of the day! :pound: Sounds like a great plan, Sshaw!