Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   What is your top comedy horror? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/4231-what-your-top-comedy-horror.html)

Inspector Tanzi 8th January 2011 10:09 PM

Theatre of blood.

PaulRobinson 8th January 2011 10:28 PM

I also have soft spot for Idle Hands...

thundercrack 8th January 2011 10:31 PM

Evil Dead Franchise
Braindead
Tokyo Zombie
Black Sheep (the New Zealand one)
Theatre of Blood
Carry on Screaming

and some others I've forgot.

Gojirosan 8th January 2011 11:00 PM

In no order whatsoever, these comedy horror films have pleased me over the years!

Bubba Ho-Tep
Braindead
Bad Taste
Gremlins
Piranha
(both versions)
An American Werewolf In London
Theatre Of Blood
Motel Hell

The Evil Dead flicks
Creepshow
Basket Case
Brain Damage
Frankenhooker
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Fearless Vampire Killers
Serial Mom
The Old Dark House
Comedy Of Terrors
The Raven
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Arachnophobia
Tremors
The Frighteners
A Chinese Ghost Story
Encounters Of The Spooky Kind

The Mr Vampire flicks
The Feast flicks
The Re-Animator flicks
Society

...brain hurts...must stop...making...list!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th January 2011 01:00 PM

I agree with each and every one of the films on that list as they are all excellent horror-comedies but my favourite would have to be An American Werewolf in London, probably with Shaun of the Dead and Evil Dead 2 rounding off my top three. I keep meaning to make a definitive top 10 list and this is probably the inspiration I needed.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th January 2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 120786)
Theatre of blood.

Forgot about that - great choice.

One of my favourite Price movies, too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th January 2011 01:43 PM

There are so many Vincent Price horror films that have a comedic element simply because of the nature of his performance as he is definitely not afraid to achieve the scenery and put a flourish on every other line!

zombiematt 15th January 2011 09:32 AM

I always have a soft spot for Critters (just for the scene where the critter is trying to talk to E.T) Brain Dead (as it kicks arse for the lord) and Return of the living dead cause they want your brains and it made me laugh my butt off as a kid).

ArnoGoldfinger 16th January 2011 12:03 AM

We come in peace...

Bit of a guilty pleasure but Tim Burton's 'Mars Attacks!' made me laugh. Thought long and hard about whether it could be counted as horror and was reminded of all the hilarious and grisly death scenes. I love animals but the cows on fire just made me hoot with laughter.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th January 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArnoGoldfinger (Post 122229)
Bit of a guilty pleasure but Tim Burton's 'Mars Attacks!' made me laugh. Thought long and hard about whether it could be counted as horror and was reminded of all the hilarious and grisly death scenes. I love animals but the cows on fire just made me hoot with laughter.

I've only seen Mars Attacks! once and didn't really think much of it but that was years ago and should really give it another try. I'll add it to my Lovefilm list (once my 'holiday' is over) so I can give it a reappraisal.