Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Sickest horror movies ever made (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/592-sickest-horror-movies-ever-made.html)

Splatterdragon73 2nd October 2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 43305)
It was released in 1991 on the VideoSino label, and was basically only available in the Chinese Sino video store in London.

No wonder i never came across a copy!:happy:

Splatterdragon73 2nd October 2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 43316)
I think you should really watch part 4 - black sun (the Nanking Massacre) as it has very different feel to the other 3 has it actually contains footage from Nanking included within the film. To me it was more like wqatching the history channel than an exploitation film like the other 3.

I would imagine that's the reason the BBFC passed the film uncut and Tartan's original DVD sleeve was shocking with the wounded woman on the ground and the soldier standing over her brandishing the female's foetus on the end of his bayonet!:ack:

Vampix 2nd October 2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 38298)
It has 2 words that sell it for me Laura Gemser, it could be the biggest pile of poo going but those 2 words would still sell it for me.

You may be interested in checking out the movie 'Love is Forever' then, which has been playing on the True Movies satellite channel.Laura Gemser stars alongside Michael Landon, Jurgen Prochnow and Edward Woodward.I shouldn't think it's one of the sickest movies ever made though. :yawn: :biggrin:

Vampix 8th January 2010 07:21 PM

I always found Joe D'Amato's Beyond the Darkness to be an exceptionally sleazy and sick little flick.It's not that it's filled with gore as such it's more the idea of a young taxidermist digging up his dead girlfriend and preserving her corpse (eating her heart for good measure) for his own twisted needs. :ack:

gag 9th January 2010 10:09 AM

IMO the banning etc is what gives a lot of these films the status.. for eg if a film got released uncut no matter how bad it was and put on the shelfs with no publicity chances r half of them wouldnt rent or sell.....a couple of the films being mentioned i havent seen.. but when i saw mbts it didnt bother me .. just the fact it happend did.. i got the other 3 completely uncut but havent watched them yet....surprise no 1 mentioned nekromantik....I think it that 1 where he kills a cat and has a bath in its blood and she digs up her bfriend dead body and has sex with it ....that films has a grim feeling to it .....but lets be honest there a lot of films out there that have there cult status, but beyond utter pants...i think some are so bad there embaressing to watch...i watch tobe hoopers death trap other night and thought that went in the so bad its embaressing pile....but there even worse films out there... i watch a lot of films because of some of these catagories....but lets be honest if most films where released uncut and easily available you just wouldnt bother with half of them

nekromantik 9th January 2010 12:15 PM

I own a bootleg copy of MBTS :blush:
Seen a few bits of it but have yet to see all of it..seems pretty f'ed up :eek:
I got pretty interested in the whole history of that and done research and also own Philosophy of a Knife which is like a 4 hour exploitation movie. Not sure if its as bad as MBTS as all the gore is in black and white but it also includes interviews and stuff so feels more like a documentary. Not seen it all yet either. :lol:

Also the guinea pig series..mainly flower of flesh and blood...:ack:
The effects were pretty awesome for a low budget Japanese flick in those days..its a pretty nasty movie..IMO in the top 3 gory movies I seen.

DeadAlive 9th January 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 56996)
IMO the banning etc is what gives a lot of these films the status.. for eg if a film got released uncut no matter how bad it was and put on the shelfs with no publicity chances r half of them wouldnt rent or sell.....

I totally agree with that sentiment. I know my interest in seeing most of the old video nasties came from their banned status rather than the fact that the films may have had any intrinsic value. (Which most didn't.) In fact I would have to say that quite a few of them were extremely disappointing with one viewing being more than enough. I do think films should get released uncut and the decision of watching should be down to the individual........ but that's never going to happen, especially here in the UK. Right?

vincenzo 9th January 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 57009)
Not sure if its as bad as MBTS as all the gore is in black and white but it also includes interviews and stuff so feels more like a documentary.

Apart from the atrocious cat/rats scene Philosophy is a lot worse than MBTS. It's also one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

nekromantik 9th January 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 57012)
Apart from the atrocious cat/rats scene Philosophy is a lot worse than MBTS. It's also one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

Yeah, was a mistake making it so long, doubt anyone would not get bored easily after watchin somethin like that for 4 hours..maybe would have been better if it was 2 hours.

Angel 9th January 2010 02:32 PM

I agree Vince, Men Behind the Sun is extremely tame compared to Philosophy.