Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Best Stephen King Film Adaptation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/668-best-stephen-king-film-adaptation.html)

broonage 8th April 2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141450)
I need to pick up the Dutch extended (tv version) dvd some time.

What's the difference, i didn't even know there was. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 141454)
What's the difference, i didn't even know there was. :)

All but one of the dvd releases contain a shorter version of the series and a different ending than was originally shown apparently.

Quote:

◦R0 Holland- Video Film Express - No cuts - full-length television version, with original ending (360:26 PAL).
◦R1 America- Artisan - No cuts as such - abbreviated version, with new ending not written by Stephen King (235:51 NTSC).
◦R1 America- Paramount - No cuts as such - abbreviated version, with new ending not written by Stephen King (235:55 NTSC).
◦R2 France- Paramount - No cuts as such - abbreviated version, featuring an alternate ending not written by Stephen King (~236min PAL).
◦R2 Holland- Paramount - No cuts as such - abbreviated version, featuring an alternate ending not written by Stephen King (236:09 PAL)
I think the R2 Paramount dvds must be NTSC-PAL transfers.

broonage 8th April 2011 10:04 AM

Amazing !

I just ordered a copy lol

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 141480)
Amazing !

I just ordered a copy lol

Please don't tell me you bought it from ebay just now?

pedromonkey 8th April 2011 10:14 AM

Golden Years was great, its a shame it was never allowed to fully develope into the full series that was originally hoped for.

broonage 8th April 2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141482)
Please don't tell me you bought it from ebay just now?

:doh:

Demoncrat 8th April 2011 11:23 AM

well, i saw the word adaptations and thought fair enough as youll never get the elephantine detail cushioning the ****INGHELLITSA...insert creepy mcguffin here bits...
i loved the story The Mist but thomas jane no thanks, hes the new chuck norris ie has 1 expression.

Carrie...still the greatest teen angst film ever, with Fun and maybe Gummo close seconds...

The Shining...yes we can argue the merits but an axe IS scarier than a croquet mallet, pity about the maze not coming alive though that would have been nice...

why do people salivate like dogs at The Shitshank Redemption btw??? ive seen better prison films by far and it wasnt even the best story in that collection...go figure.

oh, and i love cat's eye.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 141494)
:doh:

There was one on ebay for about £5 including postage, but it's gone now, that's why I asked. Still a few more there, not as cheap though. I really should hit that buy button!

broonage 8th April 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141499)
There was one on ebay for about £5 including postage, but it's gone now, that's why I asked. Still a few more there, not as cheap though. I really should hit that buy button!

I bought one from a chap in the Netherlands. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 12:02 PM

Just off the top of my head , i tend to think that there aren't many decent King adaptations.

Looking at the list that certainly is not the case.

I tend to think of the bum numbing 3 hour tv marathons and shudder without even contemplating the Mist, Shawshank, Hearts in Atlantis etc, quality films all.