Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Hammer Collection Box Set (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/9063-hammer-collection-box-set.html)

tollickd 3rd July 2012 02:42 PM

The Hammer Collection Box Set

Hi all

Has anyone bought this set? It seems a good price for 21 classics.

What's the picture quality like?

mark meakin 3rd July 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 254941)
Hi all

Has anyone bought this set? It seems a good price for 21 classics.

What's the picture quality like?

Apart from THE REPTILE the PQ on the other films is really good.Well worth picking up.

tollickd 3rd July 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 254951)
Apart from THE REPTILE the PQ on the other films is really good.Well worth picking up.

thanks I am looking to get reptile on blu ray anyway.

Rassilon 4th July 2012 06:29 PM

It really is a stunning box set. I haven't watched all the films yet, but was blown away by The Nanny. A wonderful film. Wasn't mad on Quatarmass and the Pit. I really did cringe at the SFX. I know it was a long time ago and I know it as a huge following but it didn't work for me.

I can feel Daemonia reading this and grinding his teeth.

re.form 4th July 2012 06:51 PM

It's a great set. A couple included I wouldn't watch again -- Slave Girls and Straight on until Morning (I think thats what it's called) but the majority are Hammer goodness.

Susan Foreman 4th July 2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 255267)
It's a great set. A couple included I wouldn't watch again -- Slave Girls and Straight on until Morning (I think thats what it's called) but the majority are Hammer goodness.

Agreed

There are a few clunkers, but on the whole, the films covered are all classics

However, I was a bit disappointed with the extra features that are included. Although there are a few commentaries and documentaries, the majority of films are either vanilla, or just contain a brief trailer

Slippery Jack 4th July 2012 07:33 PM

Aw Straight On Till Morning aint no clunker! I saw it for the first time the other night and thought it was really good. A top Brit psycho flick . . .

Crimson Blade 5th July 2012 03:55 AM

A great box set imo, but there was a couple of turkeys. Prehistoric Women being the biggest :D

Demoncrat 5th July 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 255280)
Aw Straight On Till Morning aint no clunker! I saw it for the first time the other night and thought it was really good. A top Brit psycho flick . . .

Indeed. A revelatory sick puppy it is......now Demons of the Mind...:(;)

Slippery Jack 5th July 2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 255338)
Indeed. A revelatory sick puppy it is......now Demons of the Mind...:(;)

Ooh I haven't seen that one yet! Tonight maybe . . .