Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Get Involved in the UK DVDs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Prisoner: Cell Block H - YOU choose the volume colour! Vol 7 - CLOSED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/get-involved-uk-dvds/4660-prisoner-cell-block-h-you-choose-volume-colour-vol-7-closed.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 10:53 AM

I really hope so is that would be good news for both Prisoner fans and Shock(?) as it will mean more feedback for the company and more releases for fans.

evil 23rd February 2011 04:43 PM

Here's hoping that it does.

mr 420 24th February 2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 130504)
I really hope so is that would be good news for both Prisoner fans and Shock(?) as it will mean more feedback for the company and more releases for fans.

I hope so too. I do think that PCBH did have/has a lot of fans and they only need to be informed of the series getting a re-release. It's just a shame that there isn't a campaign in the general madia. I would of thought that even a small one would bring in the old fans who have no other way of finding out about the releases (i.e. not internet savvy). I know that the cost probably prohibits this. Nice to dream though.

evil 24th February 2011 11:34 AM

Who needs the media when you've got our love and the dvds as well as memorabilia?.

mr 420 24th February 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil (Post 130798)
Who needs the media when you've got our love and the dvds as well as memorabilia?.

I think you're missing the point Evil. I'm sure that even a thin blanket coverage over the boards would bring in fans who don't know about the series being released. You have to remember that a lot of people simply do not use the internet and thus have no access to the information. That was the point that I was trying to get across.

evil 24th February 2011 01:05 PM

I understand where you're coming from but there are other outlets than the media and internet as well.

mr 420 24th February 2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil (Post 130816)
I understand where you're coming from but there are other outlets than the media and internet as well.

What do you suggest? All suggestions are most welcome. Anything to spread the word of the box-sets is good.

evil 24th February 2011 05:24 PM

Why not have them plastered on billboards and other posters etc and things like that.

Chucky 26th February 2011 02:13 AM

Picture this:

Young hetrosexual guy in HMV. Never heard of Prisoner before but see's it on the shelf. (maybe next to Prison Break)

'Likes the look of the box set and decides to buy it!

Now is that going to happen with a pink front cover?

NO!

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Not in a million years.

It's just needlessly cemented the programmes reputation as a niche programme liked by a few gay men.

And that is not going to be good for the series.

And as such is not going to be good for the fans.

The programme art work should be representative of the content.

Not the sexuality of some of it's fans.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th February 2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 131285)
The programme art work should be representative of the content.

Not the sexuality of some of it's fans.

It's going to be pink for volume 7. It's just a colour. Tbh, I don't think many people will have a problem picking it up in a shop. I'm sure many straight people chose the colour as well, simply because they thought it looked good. But honestly, the sexuality of Prisoner fans is neither here nor there. So let's move on please. :)