Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   If Lucio Fulci Was Alive Today (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/2738-if-lucio-fulci-alive-today.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 116297)
I think he's got more popular since the internet, not because he died. I met him at Eurofest in 1994 and there was quite a turn out.

I think everyone (and everything) is more appreciated since the advent of the internet. TBH, even though I'm nearly 40, I can't remember how I coped before it!

wayfarer 22nd December 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 116342)
I think everyone (and everything) is more appreciated since the advent of the internet. TBH, even though I'm nearly 40, I can't remember how I coped before it!

The availability of the movies must also have helped, thanks to the internet. The first thing I did when I got a multi-region DVD player was import the ABUS versions of the Fulci 4 pack.

Not taking anything away from net communities. Things that might not have survived have got a lease of life with us fans promoting and recommending them to like minded people; something this site does so very well.

Wilson Bros 5th January 2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 116297)
I met him at Eurofest in 1994 and there was quite a turn out.

Nick & I were there, too - it was a great event. possibly the best of all the Fests.

Fulci was on good form, despite the problem with his at at the time.

Kev W

Rassilon 16th October 2011 09:29 PM

I think he'd end up in a tarntino/roth film along with argento. they'd play tramps. someone would give them loads of cash and fulci would shout 'randell randell...we're back!'

jewbo23 15th May 2012 06:59 PM

I think he would have ended up the same as Ruggero Deodato. You'd occasionally hear rumours of a new film of his coming out but nothing would ever materialise.

Robert W 15th August 2012 09:51 PM

If Fulci were alive today he'd by 85, so I really doubt he'd still be making films anymore. ;)

Given his temperament though, I think it would be safe to assume that he'd probably have retired around the early 2000s, or thereabouts. after the Italian film business went kaput. Also, I can't imagine him really wanting to travel abroad to make films either.

Too bad he didn't live long enough to do any director commentaries for his films. I would have really loved to hear him reminisce about Contraband and New York Ripper.

Beyond72 18th August 2012 03:58 PM

Like Robert W posted, imagine the amazing commentary tracks...

Robert W 18th August 2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 266941)
Like Robert W posted, imagine the amazing commentary tracks...

Here's a good interview with Fulci's daughter,
Antonella Fulci Interview (part 1) - YouTube

I'd also highly recommend the Cat In The Brain disc, as it contains, to my knowledge, the longest on camera interview with Fulci.

jorishorror 10th January 2013 07:13 PM

I remember an interview with Lucio Fulci where he said that he hated the (film)industry. Always struggling to get the money to make his movies...
He loved making movies...het hated the suits...
Nothing really changed these days...