Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   If Lucio Fulci Was Alive Today (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/2738-if-lucio-fulci-alive-today.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th April 2010 03:38 PM

If Lucio Fulci Was Alive Today

And still making films, I could honestly see them going straight to dvd and the same happening as is happening now (only a few of us horror fans buying his dvds) and him getting ignored by the mass who buy Saw 500.

What are your thoughts?

:chainsaw:

Philleh 13th April 2010 03:44 PM

He'd been pretty much bargain basement his whole career (his last efforts were TV movies), so I doubt there would have been much change seeing as the Italian film industry hadn't improved throughout the 90's.

Who knows though, maybe Wax Works would have been masterpiece had he been behind it, which could have re-launched his career. We'll never know. :(

Pete 13th April 2010 05:22 PM

Who knows? He could have got his carrer back on track with Wax Mask. Or he might have ended up like Bruno Mattei, making really low budget horror in the Philippines and barely getting them released.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th April 2010 09:11 PM

I reckon he'd be making Zombie 6 etc. and directing remakes of The Beyond and City of the Living Dead starring Scout Taylor-Compton! :biggrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th April 2010 09:19 PM

He'd be directing Steven Seagal movies!

Wolf 14th April 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 73886)
Who knows? He could have got his carrer back on track with Wax Mask. Or he might have ended up like Bruno Mattei, making really low budget horror in the Philippines and barely getting them released.

Zombi 3 was made in the Philippines and he didn't finish it himself wasn't it?

Pete 14th April 2010 10:59 PM

Yes, he left the film and Mattei completed it.

Vampix 16th April 2010 01:47 PM

I doubt any film he may have made in this day & age would have been anywhere near as good as his 70's & 80's classics, much like Argento, Romero, Hooper, Carpenter, etc. :(

mercury 10th December 2010 10:58 AM

I've only seen a few Fulci films and quite enjoyed them. Am I right in saying that his films have become more popular since his death? If so he may have got bigger budgets, and with new special effects he may have made some good films?

Inspector Tanzi 10th December 2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 116241)
I've only seen a few Fulci films and quite enjoyed them. Am I right in saying that his films have become more popular since his death? If so he may have got bigger budgets, and with new special effects he may have made some good films?

I think he's got more popular since the internet, not because he died. I met him at Eurofest in 1994 and there was quite a turn out.