Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   David Warbeck (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/3041-david-warbeck.html)

wayfarer 22nd June 2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 159459)
ah, fistful....had almost an entire pub declaiming me as a liar when during a discussion on Eastwood, i brought up the fantastic plotline of AFOD, none of them believed me!! tits. still i see il have to buy a new one ala this extended cut? any physical difference with the MGM 1 i have?? diff cover???

and i dig Warbeck, amazing to think he lost out to that plank...:confused:

There will be more knowledgable people on this site than myself, and hopefully they will speak up but I bet it will turn up on Blu-Ray soon as all the rest of Leone's output has so far. In the US the definitive release is called "Duck You Sucker! which is the English translation of the actual title "Giu La Testa!".

The best UK DVD to get is this;

A Fistful Of Dynamite (Special Edition) [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Rod Steiger, James Coburn, Romolo Valli, Sergio Leone: Film & TV

It has all the Warbeck material intact and is a much deeper, more poignant movie because of it. Arguably, I'd say it was Leone's best but Once Upon a Time In the West just nips past at the top spot.

Pete 22nd June 2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 159676)
There will be more knowledgable people on this site than myself, and hopefully they will speak up but I bet it will turn up on Blu-Ray soon as all the rest of Leone's output has so far. In the US the definitive release is called "Duck You Sucker! which is the English translation of the actual title "Giu La Testa!".

A Fistful Of Dynamite (Special Edition) [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Rod Steiger, James Coburn, Romolo Valli, Sergio Leone: Film & TV

It has all the Warbeck material intact and is a much deeper, more poignant movie because of it. Arguably, I'd say it was Leone's best but Once Upon a Time In the West just nips past at the top spot.

It is a truly great film - Morricone's score is fantastic, his best work IMO. But I'd rank it just behind OUATITW.

Demoncrat 22nd June 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 159676)

ok, noted. tis the old one i have, and this is in my local Factory Store for pittance, score!! cheers etc...

Rondadoronron 3rd August 2014 09:12 PM

minder

6 Attachment(s)
every episode has a familiar boat race on the manor,low and behold the big guy himself appears.

Demoncrat 14th October 2017 09:32 PM

From Twins Of Evil to The Last Hunter and Beyond ... he is always worth watching.

RIP