Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   The Lucio Fulci Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/703-lucio-fulci-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2008 07:41 PM

The Lucio Fulci Thread

Fulci is a popular man round these parts,like Argento,vote for your favourite Fulci films and discuss 'till your guts are content.....:)

TALL DUDE 10th September 2008 08:14 PM

Gotta be zfe. Still THE definitive zombie movie,imo,with some of the best living dead ever to grace the screen.Superb!

cloud 10th September 2008 08:56 PM

City Of The Living Dead for me. My most watched Fulci film.

Mojo 11th September 2008 07:47 PM

As you can probably guess from my avatar, it's City Of The Living Dead for me too. I'm a big fan of Fulci's stuff and I've added a few votes for some of his other movies, but COTLD has a unique atmosphere unlike any other of his films. Superb soundtrack, too. A true classic :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th September 2008 07:51 PM

COTLD is a fave of mine as is THE BEYOND ZFE and HBTC....but I've also got a real soft spot for Don't Torture A Duckling....THE PSYCHIC IMHO was utter bullshit....:(

Mojo 11th September 2008 08:01 PM

The Psychic wasn't his greatest for sure - basically a short story spread out to feature length.

Duckling is great too ( although I prefer Lizard In A Woman's Skin, which I think is superb ). In fact, I meant to put in a vote for DTAD ( and The Black Cat ) but at this rate I'd probably vote for everything! Apart from Demonia that is, which is complete shite :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th September 2008 08:28 PM

My favs are ZFE TCITB and The Beyond (my fav part being when the little girls head is blown apart! Pwoar!). But all the films I've seen of his I've luved!

I LUV FULCI!

cloud 11th September 2008 10:01 PM

I like The Psychic a lot. I have very happy memories of watching the old US tape of it Christmas '06. The ending was so abrupt and cool and despite lacking any gore it made up for it in other areas. Far better than the overrated Don't Torture A Duckling I reckon.

Sam 12th September 2008 01:38 PM

Still got a fair few Fulcis that I need to see (including Lizard..., the Psychic and Cat in the Brain) but from the ones I've seen, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters and House by the Cemetery are the obvious choices. For some reason, I've also got a bit of a soft spot for Aenigma, despite its failings - not sure why, maybe because it's a bit of a popcorn movie and has some great corny dialogue!!! I really enjoyed Don't Torture a Duckling too.

I'm quite surprised to see House of Clocks has picked up a couple of votes. I've only watched it once but remember thinking it was a bit of a turkey when I did ... I'll have to revisit it soon and reassess it after a couple of endorsements on here :)

Halloween_22 12th September 2008 02:49 PM

I think Fulci just edges it for me when it comes to who I prefer over him or Argento. I think on a whole Fulci's made more great films (at least according to my own personal tastes). I voted ZFE as I agree with Tall Dude, surely THE definitive zombie film of all time. Other favourites of mine are 'The Beyond, 'House by the Cemetery', 'New York Ripper', 'City of the Living Dead' and 'House of Clocks'. He's got one hell of a resume' when it comes to horror. :cool: