Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   Tom Savini (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/9330-tom-savini.html)

Criterion7 15th September 2012 05:18 AM

Met Savini today about as far from being a jerk as you can get. Great guy, we talked about his directing, trying to get Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things remade and his early work with Clark and Ormsby. Talkative and fun guy. Got an autograph and he posed or a few pics. Highly recommend seeing him if he comes to your town.

demonknight 15th September 2012 03:51 PM

Never met the man,but i love his work.Can't wait for his new doc,smoke and
mirrors,to surface.

Criterion7 16th September 2012 05:09 AM

Just got back from the World Premiere. He says he still wants to tweak and trim it but I honestly thought it was extremely well done. It's very candid and as I spoke with him more after the screenings realized what a humble guy he is.

I cannot recommend ths movie highly enough and also he has a new book coming out, plus his two early Grande Illusions books are being combined to make one large one.

Rik 16th September 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 273730)
Just got back from the World Premiere. He says he still wants to tweak and trim it but I honestly thought it was extremely well done. It's very candid and as I spoke with him more after the screenings realized what a humble guy he is.

I cannot recommend ths movie highly enough and also he has a new book coming out, plus his two early Grande Illusions books are being combined to make one large one.

I have the Grande Illusions 2 book, I can never seem to find book 1 anywhere for a reasonable price though. I can't wait to see the new doc, he's been one of my idols for years, so jealous that you managed to sit and chat with him

Susan Foreman 29th March 2021 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Legendary Special Effects Artist Tom Savini Hospitalized / web is jericho

"Sadly the Sultan of Splatter is currently in a bad way, having been hit by a car while riding his bicycle this past Thursday. He would share this unfortunate news on his social media this weekend and also took the time to thank the police and paramedics for their help. He would follow up this news by posting several photos of him at the UPMC Presbyterian hospital in his hometown of Pittsburgh, where he is bedbound wearing a neck brace."

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2021 06:39 PM

Bloody hell!
Looks like one of his own jobs!

Inspector Abberline 29th March 2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 648867)
Bloody hell!
Looks like one of his own jobs!

On one of the extras of the New UK Land of the dead blu Ray, Savini turns up on set with a similar head wound, can't remember how he did it that time.... hope he recovers soon...

nosferatu42 29th March 2021 09:01 PM

Whats with the lights on the neck brace, has he got wi fi on that?