Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   House on the Edge of the Park (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   SHAM034 - House on the Edge of the Park: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/house-edge-park/6859-sham034-house-edge-park-dvd-specs.html)

BAKA 6th October 2011 05:18 PM

That's both the main cover and the reverse I'm not keen on. :(

Rik 6th October 2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 187776)
That's both the main cover and the reverse I'm not keen on. :(

Got to agree with you there, although I prefer the second one, I'm not overly keen on either

Violence is Italian Art

robw285 7th October 2011 12:51 PM

Does anyone know the length of the extras, i'd like to know more about the debate on censorship extra, as due to the cuts i'll only be getting this if the extras are interesting

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw285 (Post 187977)
Does anyone know the length of the extras, i'd like to know more about the debate on censorship extra, as due to the cuts i'll only be getting this if the extras are interesting

I received a review disc this afternoon (the mail seems to get later and later here) so, when I remember, I'll go through the disc, note the running times of the extra features and get back to you.

Rassilon 8th October 2011 06:55 PM

I've just read on twitter via jake west's company that David Hess has died. I don't know how or when. Very sad news. His films and music keeps his memory alive.

Prince_Vajda 8th October 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 188444)
I've just read on twitter via jake west's company that David Hess has died. I don't know how or when. Very sad news. His films and music keeps his memory alive.

That's sad indeed. :(

As I've said in one of my earlier posts - he was one of the few actors that could really frighten you! :nod:

May he rest in peace!

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th October 2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 188444)

I read it somewhere too and his Wikipedia page has been updated so everything is in the past tense. It's sad news.

Rassilon 9th October 2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 188462)
That's sad indeed. :(

As I've said in one of my earlier posts - he was one of the few actors that could really frighten you! :nod:

May he rest in peace!

Greetings!

Couldn't agree more with you, when I first saw LHOTL I told my friend to turn it off because I was so shocked. Its one of my favorite films now. He was great and I'd love to see some of his other movies besides HOTEOTP. Does anyone know if he made any films where he played the good guy?

Susan Foreman 9th October 2011 07:40 PM

With regards to the edited 43 seconds

Am I right in thinking that the BBFC only need to certify moving images, and not still pictures?

If this is the case, is there any way that Shameless can put the cut footage as a DVD extra, in the form of a series of stills, in the same way that Anchor Bay did with the edited footage on their release of 'Last House on the Left'?

Mind you, there probably isn't enough time before the release date now, is there?

Oh well - just a thought!

Daemonia 9th October 2011 11:48 PM

Tell the BBFC the film is being released as a tribute to David Hess and they might be more reluctant to cut it. Or maybe not. I don't think the BBFC are known for their reverence.