Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Vinyl Soundtracks (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/10916-vinyl-soundtracks.html)

Nordicdusk 10th July 2021 03:58 PM

I really liked the first part of the new IT still not watched the second part yet. I remember loving the first one when i first saw it then years later it got a dvd release and i paid €30 for it and it didn't live up to what i remembered i have not read the book but the spider ending always ruined it for me dont know if the book ends that way. In saying that tge soundtrack is great.

Inspector Abberline 3rd August 2021 02:55 PM

wax

1 Attachment(s)
This looks interesting,a book about Vinyl soundtracks..
This title will be released on September 7
BRAND NEW & EXPANDED EDITION! Packed with dozens of additional horror titles and containing limited edition enhanced packaging (gilded foil page edges + ribbon marker).

Are you obsessed with John Carpenter's iconic music for the Halloween series? Do you thrill to the unforgettable stabs of the Psycho score, or the pounding synths of Goblin's soundtrack to Suspiria? Do you find yourself being pulled into the hair-raising modern scores for the likes of Get Out, Hereditary, and It Follows?

You're not alone.

Blood on Black Wax is a defining horror soundtrack volume that spotlights iconic franchises such as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Jaws, The Exorcist, Child’s Play, and George A. Romero's “living dead” films, highlighting both the music and the amazing, often rare artwork that graces the record sleeves. It also tells the stories behind the soundtrack, from the mouths of the musicians who made them, including John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi, Christopher Young, Harry Manfredini, Charles Bernstein, Pino Donaggio, John Harrison, and more.

Aaron Lupton and Jeff Szpirglas, both of Rue Morgue magazine, have curated Blood on Black Wax to reflect their own passion for the darkest slabs of soundtrack music. Their journey into the fascinating history of horror movie scores contains reviews, release details, and the wild stories about the making of both iconic classics and the strange outliers of the genre – everything from the orchestral sounds of Hammer and Universal horror, to the truly experimental albums for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Eraserhead, to the outlandish punk and metal songs of '80s soundtrack albums like The Return of the Living Dead and Shocker.

Go back to your favorite horror films one more time, through the jaw-dropping, spine-tingling music that helped solidify their place in cinematic history!

Nordicdusk 18th November 2021 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 237720

The artwork is bloody rubbish but i got it cheap and still sealed off my mate.

Nordicdusk 3rd February 2023 09:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244576 Attachment 244577 Attachment 244578 Attachment 244579

Finally picked this up I love the all the beautiful artwork and that clear vinyl :loveeyes:

Nordicdusk 3rd February 2023 09:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244582 Attachment 244583

One more arrival today.

Nordicdusk 10th February 2023 05:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244652 Attachment 244653 Attachment 244654 Attachment 244655

Look who's home just in time for Valentine's Day.

Found this today for €15 what a steal.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2023 05:17 PM

You must have an ear for movie music such as this because there's not a chance in hell if you played me the music i could tell you what it was from.

I'd see the record and think "Looks nice, but no idea what it the music goes like"

Nordicdusk 10th February 2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681764)
You must have an ear for movie music such as this because there's not a chance in hell if you played me the music i could tell you what it was from.

I'd see the record and think "Looks nice, but no idea what it the music goes like"

Music is always what strikes me first with any film or video game I play so I usually make a mental note of what I like so I can keep an eye out for it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 681766)
Music is always what strikes me first with any film or video game I play so I usually make a mental note of what I like so I can keep an eye out for it.

You could play me the theme of My Bloody Valentine and i wouldn't have a clue.

Same with stuff like Pieces or Prom Night or The Prowler. No idea. :lol:

Nordicdusk 10th February 2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681767)
You could play me the theme of My Bloody Valentine and i wouldn't have a clue.

Same with stuff like Pieces or Prom Night or The Prowler. No idea. :lol:

I actually didn't know the Cannibal Apocalypse soundtrack but I did an exchange with my mate and gave him my spare copies of Eyeball and Four Flies plus it was still sealed so he obviously had no idea what it sounds like either :lol: