Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 19th January 2014 08:01 PM

The Alice Cooper Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Use this thread to discuss anything and everything to do with the ultimate Rock 'n Roll ghoul - Alice Cooper

To start with, it seems that Uncle Alice is going to be the 'special guest' on Motley Crue's "farewell" tour

Can't help thinking this is a case of the Master supporting the Students

applecore 19th January 2014 09:04 PM

Possibly, though I can see why they'd have Alice opening for Crue. I take it that tour is in America? As far as I know, Crue are bigger than Alice over there. If it were here it'd likely be the other way around, or at least a co-headline.

Susan Foreman 19th January 2014 09:07 PM

The Nightmare - a 1975 television special featuring Alice and Vincent Price, based on the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' album...and a few other Cooper classics.

Alice Cooper The Nightmare with Vincent Price - YouTube

Uncle Alice with 'The Muppets'*

The Muppet Show S03e07 - Alice Cooper - YouTube

*And this was the 'most dangerous man on the planet' at the time!

Rondadoronron 19th January 2014 09:42 PM

Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels

Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 388181)
Possibly, though I can see why they'd have Alice opening for Crue. I take it that tour is in America? As far as I know, Crue are bigger than Alice over there. If it were here it'd likely be the other way around, or at least a co-headline.

The last time Motley played a tour over here a few years back (saw them at the MEN in Manchester, they were excellent as usual. They played for three hours including interval and no support.) they headlined arenas. Alice is currently only selling out theatres - His last Manchester gig was the Apollo.

applecore 19th January 2014 11:41 PM

Weird, last time I saw Crue in the UK they were co-headlining with Def Leppard. Last Alice show I saw in the UK was Wembley Arena with Motorhead supporting, so I thought he was bigger.

applecore 19th January 2014 11:42 PM

Also has anyone read the graphic novel based on his The Last Temptation album? It's pretty cool. Been meaning to have another read of it, actually.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 388231)
Weird, last time I saw Crue in the UK they were co-headlining with Def Leppard. Last Alice show I saw in the UK was Wembley Arena with Motorhead supporting, so I thought he was bigger.

Forgot about the Leppard tour.:doh:

Alice varies in venue size around the UK. His 2011 tour with New York Dolls took in arenas and theatres.

Anyway it matters not. Both acts are great and Motley have given themselves serious competition and the fans a fantastic bill.

Susan Foreman 20th January 2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 388188)

'Killer', the album which this track is taken from, is John Lydon's favourite record of all time!

Susan Foreman 20th January 2014 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It has just been announced that Alice will join Aerosmith for the June 4th date of their upcoming Global Warming World Tour in Kristiansand, Norway!

Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper & Aerosmith Rocking Out to The Beatles "Come Together" - YouTube

...and (of course) it HAD to be done!

( Alice Cooper Looks Like a Lady ) Aerosmith - Dude looks like a lady - YouTube