Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   EXTREME METAL (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12356-extreme-metal.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 687614)
Attachment 246837

Just ordered 30 years celebration unreleased demos studio recordings and love track.

Nordy. Do you buy every album by these bands like Incantation or do you just buy random stuff when you fancy it?

Like the Bathory you bought recently. Do you have them all or intend to get them all or was it just a purchase?

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2023 03:23 PM

Back in the day i religiously bought every release (singles and albums) by Guns N' Roses, W.A.S.P., Crue, Maiden, Metallica, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Slayer, Motorhead etc but those days are long gone as they only release things once a blue moon so it's not such a collecting thing anymore.

Are you the same now with bands or is it mainly just whatever the hell you fancy, Nordy?

Nordicdusk 26th June 2023 03:51 PM

I used to buy everything bands I listened to day one but then money became a big issue for a few years and I just had to no buy albums films and so on. Now I'm playing catch up trying to collect all the albums I missed out on. It also helps in record shops within Ireland get these albums because postage can be a pain and now customs so I try my best to hold out until albums are available here first. There is also a lot of stuff I'm rebuying on vinyl because the only cd player I have is in my car and even that is a discman connected through an Aux cable.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 687619)
I used to buy everything bands I listened to day one but then money became a big issue for a few years and I just had to no buy albums films and so on. Now I'm playing catch up trying to collect all the albums I missed out on. It also helps in record shops within Ireland get these albums because postage can be a pain and now customs so I try my best to hold out until albums are available here first. There is also a lot of stuff I'm rebuying on vinyl because the only cd player I have is in my car and even that is a discman connected through an Aux cable.

Don't you listen to cd's through your Blu-ray player?

I love sitting down to listen to something via 7:1 through the amp and surround system.

Nordicdusk 26th June 2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 687621)
Don't you listen to cd's through your Blu-ray player?

I love sitting down to listen to something via 7:1 through the amp and surround system.

No if I had surround sound then maybe I would.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 687622)
No if I had surround sound then maybe I would.

Do you have a sound bar? Does that not er' sound good?

Justin101 26th June 2023 04:41 PM

I’d definitely recommend a sound bar over the TV speakers. My flat is too small to be setting up a full surround system so I have a 2.1 DTS sound bar and it does sound really good. It gets pretty loud as well! Can get one for £100 or less easy. Mine is a Samsung one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 687624)
I’d definitely recommend a sound bar over the TV speakers. My flat is too small to be setting up a full surround system so I have a 2.1 DTS sound bar and it does sound really good. It gets pretty loud as well! Can get one for £100 or less easy. Mine is a Samsung one.

You should have heard Guns N' Roses on Saturday night and Queens of the Stone Age last night.

I'm going to have to replaster the outer walls.

Justin101 26th June 2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 687626)
You should have heard Guns N' Roses on Saturday night and Queens of the Stone Age last night.

I'm going to have to replaster the outer walls.

I'd love to not have immediate neighbours, i have unfortunately got to consider either side as well as above and below :lol:

Nordicdusk 26th June 2023 06:10 PM

My Movie room is very small so surround sound or a soundbar may be a bit much . As regards CDs I just love vinyl like I love the big artwork sometimes I shit on the floor and just look at my records like when I was a kid :lol: