Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   EXTREME METAL (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12356-extreme-metal.html)

Nordicdusk 26th January 2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695221)
Why?

Just never watched it always expected it to make a mockery of the genre so never watched it yes I know I know.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2024 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 695223)
Just never watched it always expected it to make a mockery of the genre so never watched it yes I know I know.

You know it's directed by former Bathory drummer and all round music video director genius Jonas Akerlund don't you?

And Attila Csihar's son plays his dad - sounds just like him too vocally.

Nordicdusk 26th January 2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695225)
You know it's directed by former Bathory drummer and all round music video director genius Jonas Akerlund don't you?

And Attila Csihar's son plays his dad - sounds just like him too vocally.

Yeah I know don't mind me :lol:

I will watch at some point.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 695227)
Yeah I know don't mind me :lol:

I will watch at some point.

I can assure you it doesn't take the piss out of the genre. I'm sure Justin will back me up on this.

There's no Chris Holmes drinking bottles of vodka on a lilo in the pool moment.

Nordicdusk 26th January 2024 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695228)
I can assure you it doesn't take the piss out of the genre. I'm sure Justin will back me up on this.

There's no Chris Holmes drinking bottles of vodka on a lilo in the pool moment.

I know I take the whole thing a little too serious I'll grab a copy and give it a watch.

Nordicdusk 26th January 2024 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 249775

Just home from an 11 hour day time to blow off some steam with some Friday fitness and coach Varg :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 695237)
Attachment 249775

Just home from an 11 hour day time to blow off some steam with some Friday fitness and coach Varg :lol:

What are you going to do? Go round your friend's house and stab him 24 times?

I think with this film it's not something that can be sugar coated. Most of them weren't nice people.

One of them murdered his band mate in cold blood, another stabbed a gay man to death in a park whilst Dead, who committed a very graphic suicide, killed cats and hung them by the neck in his room. That's not to mention the church burnings.

The fact the film makes them all seem human (except Vikernes) and you cared for them says a lot for the film itself.

Nordicdusk 26th January 2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695241)
What are you going to do? Go round your friend's house and stab him 24 times?

I think with this film it's not something that can be sugar coated. Most of them weren't nice people.

One of them murdered his band mate in cold blood, another stabbed a gay man to death in a park whilst Dead, who committed a very graphic suicide, killed cats and hung them by the neck in his room. That's not to mention the church burnings.

The fact the film makes them all seem human (except Vikernes) and you cared for them says a lot for the film itself.

Biceps day and cardio two birds one stone :lol:

Yeah they were horrible people involved in these crimes and I can't stand that beautiful buildings were burned down regardless of what religion was associated or how I feel about religion these were breathtaking buildings they should never have been destroyed. I hope me saying that I take it serious doesn't make anyone think I condone rasism sexism homophobia or unwarranted hate these were stupid young men that got caught up in the one upmanship of a very dark scene. I take the music serious and when I say I live it I don't mean all that BS side of it. Varg is quite a mixed up man with his ideology pretty much all over the place he seems more about shock value rather than actually believing in any one thing but there is no denying on my part that his music is superb and the fact these guys were all so young when they made this amazing music I mean what was I doing when I was 16 to 19 well you don't want to know but I wasn't doing anything that creative :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2024 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 695245)
Biceps day and cardio two birds one stone :lol:

Yeah they were horrible people involved in these crimes and I can't stand that beautiful buildings were burned down regardless of what religion was associated or how I feel about religion these were breathtaking buildings they should never have been destroyed. I hope me saying that I take it serious doesn't make anyone think I condone rasism sexism homophobia or unwarranted hate these were stupid young men that got caught up in the one upmanship of a very dark scene. I take the music serious and when I say I live it I don't mean all that BS side of it. Varg is quite a mixed up man with his ideology pretty much all over the place he seems more about shock value rather than actually believing in any one thing but there is no denying on my part that his music is superb and the fact these guys were all so young when they made this amazing music I mean what was I doing when I was 16 to 19 well you don't want to know but I wasn't doing anything that creative :lol:

I've listened to Mayhem's The Mysteries of Lord Satan through a couple of times today- it always amazes me how well it's produced. It's the early Darkthrone stuff that sounds like it was recorded with old bedsprings and a couple of tin cans for drums.

Nordicdusk 27th January 2024 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmD9xPpK5d4