Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Your Vinyl Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12961-your-vinyl-collection.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 18th April 2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445327)
And old Kerrang! 3d glasses.

How cool is that? :cool:

They came with the record.

tele1962 18th April 2015 06:49 PM

I have a confession to make, I had hundreds of Vinyl records collected over many years and in particular The Beatles, I travelled all over the country picking up rarities and even visiting Abbey Road Studios back in the day for a chance in a life time opportunity.
Most of the rest of my collection was made up from rock in particular Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Mott The Hoople, UFO, Motorhead, Alice Cooper, Budgie, Cream, and many many more...........I sold everything at a car boot apart from my Beatles stuff which was purchased by an collector from the London area..........big fecking mistake.:crying:

VeZius 18th April 2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 445234)
Various sites such as Light in the Attic, Mondo/Death Waltz, and One Way Static will have some exclusives over the period. There is also a pretty informative vinyl forum called Spin the Blackest Circles which can be quite useful as it pools all the info into one handy place.

Thanks a lot BE. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 445357)
Thanks a lot BE. :)

No worries!

SharonLynette 18th April 2015 08:09 PM

My collection is tucked away due to being back at my parents. I still pick up vinyl, have today but only random stuff from a vintage emporium (a couple of Edward Woodward albums) - the only record shop I went into today was run by an arse that shouted at my friend.

I'll not be giving up my vinyl, I'd like to give it an airing some time soon and get my record nerd list up to speed.

I've missed out on some great Record Store day releases, maybe it's time I move close to a decent record shop.

Make Them Die Slowly 18th April 2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 445370)
My collection is tucked away due to being back at my parents. I still pick up vinyl, have today but only random stuff from a vintage emporium (a couple of Edward Woodward albums) - the only record shop I went into today was run by an arse that shouted at my friend.

I'll not be giving up my vinyl, I'd like to give it an airing some time soon and get my record nerd list up to speed.

I've missed out on some great Record Store day releases, maybe it's time I move close to a decent record shop.

What does Edward Woodward sound like?

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 445370)
the only record shop I went into today was run by an arse that shouted at my friend.

I bet they got on well.

Make Them Die Slowly 18th April 2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445431)
I bet they got on well.

I'm sticking clear of arses tonight for fear of being stereotyped as the forum's resident smut peddler. So, with the firmness of the computer keys under my urgent, searching fingers and the expanding warmth in my groin from the heat of the laptop, I shall wantonly abandon myself in the bosom of a safer thread.

Susan Foreman 18th April 2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 445252)
I used to be the manager of a record shop, back in the late 80's

One week, due to a 'mistake' when making the order, we ended up with 1000 copies of the latest Rick Ashley single (remember him?)

As a result, he had a special offer - a free Rick Ashley single with every purchase!

"Here's your Motorhead album, and don't forget your free Rick Ashley single"
"Here's your Beethoven recording, and don't forget your free Rick Ashley single"
"Here's your Rick Ashley single, and don't forget your free Rick Ashley single
"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445263)
Don't you mean Rick Astley? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445277)
It's either a simple spelling error or a basic lack of musical knowledge

Hey - I'm a metalhead. I really do not care what his name is/was

All I know is we gave his record away!

Susan Foreman 18th April 2015 11:49 PM

This is rather amusing:

snopes.com: Bar Code Confusion - Retailers mistakenly scanned the wrong side of a CD bearing bar code-themed cover art, resulting in lower prices for customers