Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Cult Labs Radio! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12989-cult-labs-radio.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 04:39 PM

Cult Labs Radio!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Cult Labbers,

Over the past few weeks we've been giving Cult Labs a huge make-over. Now, we have some very exciting news to spoil your cult film loving eardrums!

Ladies and gentlemen, allow us to introduce...

Cult Labs Radio

Now, you can listen to your favourite songs and soundtracks from the very best cult films 24/7! Just click the image above and you'll be taken to the brand new official online radio station of Cult Labs. Hit play, turn up the volume to 11 and enjoy cult cinematic bliss! :headphones:

From action to zombies, blaxploitation to werewolves and everything in between soundtracks and more. With plenty of great potential in store, including live broadcasts, special guest shows hosted by Cult Labs members and possibly celebs, competitions and much more, we hope you love this!

Help us to spread the word and show your love for cult cinema by sharing the station as far and as wide as you can. We need as many listeners as possible to keep it going!

Be A Part Of The Station!

Help support the brand new Cult Labs Radio by joining in the fun!

Do you own any cult movie soundtracks that you would love to hear on this station? Let us know what you could add below and we'll sort that out. As long as you can prove that you legally own a copy of the soundtrack - a photo of the CD, or a receipt of a legal download is all you'll need. Maybe you fancy getting creative and designing a fun jingle as well? Or even an original film-inspired song you've been working on that you'd love to hear on the radio.

So, what do you think of this? We (the mods) are super excited and we can't wait for you to take a listen!

Bookmark it and listen to it as you browse the web. You can also find Cult Labs Radio on many mobile radio apps, including Radionomy - all for free!

Just click the above photo or click here to listen...

Nordicdusk 1st May 2015 04:47 PM

This is awesome and very exciting I hope this takes off. Ill be a regular listener you can be sure of that.

:bananaride:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 04:54 PM

It sure is, Nordic and it's just the beginning! Thank you for the support pal - lets hope it proves to be a big hit. :pray: :rockon:

Nordicdusk 1st May 2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 447601)
It sure is, Nordic and it's just the beginning! Thank you for the support pal - lets hope it proves to be a big hit. :pray: :rockon:

I have it running on my phone next to me right now. :ilovecultlabs:Radio

:lol:

VeZius 1st May 2015 05:04 PM

This is seriously awesome! It's something I didn't know I badly wanted! :lol:

I'll be having this on as much as I can, unless I keep hearing a lot of same stuff constantly. Like in normal radio. ;)

I'm a few tracks in and so far it's all been stuff I love!

*mind blown*

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:07 PM

There shouldn't be much worry about repeating tracks, VeZius.

It's still very early days and I have a whole bunch of soundtracks to add this weekend (a special thanks to Nosferatu, Bizarre Eye and Reaper Man!). It seriously is awesome.

If you own any soundtracks yourself, please do get in touch. Feel free to private message myself (or one of the other mods) and we'll sort that out :)

:dirtyharry:

Nordicdusk 1st May 2015 05:09 PM

Really like the film sound bites between the songs.

Atari ad :dance:

I love the variety so far from Jackie Brown on to Cannibal Holocaust :happy:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 447609)
Really like the film sound bites between the songs.

Atari ad :dance:

I love the variety so far from Jackie Brown on to Cannibal Holocaust :happy:

£150 for a Space Invaders game? Bargain! :p

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been listening to it all week!

It really is awesome-soundbites between classic cult tunes and songs!

Kyle-all we're missing is our nightlight Stevie Wayne.....;)

VeZius 1st May 2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 447607)
There shouldn't be much worry about repeating tracks, VeZius.

It's still very early days and I have a whole bunch of soundtracks to add this weekend (a special thanks to Nosferatu, Bizarre Eye and Reaper Man!). It seriously is awesome.

If you own any soundtracks yourself, please do get in touch. Feel free to private message myself (or one of the other mods) and we'll sort that out :)

:dirtyharry:

That's good to hear. :) I'm also loving the retro ads and soundbites. :D

I'll be sending a list of my soundtracks sometime soon. :)

Sobral 1st May 2015 05:18 PM

This is great, love soundtracks!!

How do we send stuff? Just send an mp3 with the photo/proof of purchase?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:18 PM

:pound: Funny how just as you posted that, Austin Power's 'What The World Needs Now Is Love' comes on :p

Awesome! Looking forward to the list, VeZius. Lots of exciting things coming in the near future too

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 447615)
This is great, love soundtracks!!

How do we send stuff? Just send an mp3 with the photo/proof of purchase?

That's exactly right, Sobral. The important part is having evidence that you legally own a copy - then you'll be able to become part of the Cult Labs Radio song team and we can add the scores you have :nod:

Sobral 1st May 2015 05:26 PM

But do I send you the link or is there a way to upload directly?

Also, I have a few mixes I did taking the audio directly from the movie, which I own, would these be ok? See here: https://www.mixcloud.com/MajorTomVideo/

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:31 PM

It's nice to see this get such a positive reception. :)

For me it's one of those things that you wonder how you ever did without!

Nordicdusk 1st May 2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 447624)
It's nice to see this get such a positive reception. :)

For me it's one of those things that you wonder how you ever did without!

My girlfriend does not realise yet that our alcohol fuelled music nights we have once a week will never be the same again :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 05:40 PM

I can see myself listening to this more than my own music on iTunes!

Rik 1st May 2015 05:54 PM

So glad that this actually happened, been dying to tell people about it ha ha

Like I said over PM Kyle, I'd be happy to help out with any jingle writing etc.
I'm actually sat at my desk in the studio waiting for a DJ to arrive from a Bradford radio station, so I can record some voiceovers for some new jingles, coincidence?

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...c1&oe=55CC2694

I've also got a fair few film soundtrack cd's too, so I'll be happy to contribute to that too :)

:ilovecultlabs:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 06:07 PM

Those mixes are great, Sobral! We could definitely include some of those :nod:

The idea behind this station is to make it one big Cult Labs collaboration, so we can make it the best station online! With themed shows, mixes, member soundtracks and so on it could become something very special.

Rik, you are a star! If you fancy helping out with that, that'll be incredible.

Vipp 1st May 2015 06:09 PM

I have a bunch of sountracks on CD but they were bought years ago... :( i have the recipt to my fantastic planet vinyl recipt does that count? I also have it on my blu ray set which i think we still have the recipt too? i also have the dawn of the dead and wickerman soundtracks on vinyl but again im not sure they would count?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 447658)
I have a bunch of sountracks on CD but they were bought years ago... :( i have the recipt to my fantastic planet vinyl recipt does that count? I also have it on my blu ray set which i think we still have the recipt too? i also have the dawn of the dead and wickerman soundtracks on vinyl but again im not sure they would count?

As long as you can prove (with a photo of the CD, for example) that you own the physical format from which the MP3 was ripped, or that you legitimately bought the MP3, that's all that's needed.

Vipp 1st May 2015 06:18 PM

Sweet lord! Kyle i am sending you a bunch of photos and MP3's! Haha!

Sobral 1st May 2015 06:19 PM

Is there a way to know what's already added/to be added?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 447668)
Is there a way to know what's already added/to be added?

It's probably easiest to send Kyle an e-mail or private message to say what you have and then he can look through the database and get back to you with what hasn't already been contributed.

DayzeUK 1st May 2015 08:15 PM

Goblin

Zaratozom

Playing right now! I love this s**t!!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 09:12 PM

THE WICKER MAN is the only CD I won't be donating!:lol:

Just found ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA CD as well Kyle!;)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 447708)
THE WICKER MAN is the only CD I won't be donating!:lol:

Just found ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA CD as well Kyle!;)

Those are both up on the station already Reaps :) A special thank you to Nosferatu for those two

DayzeUK 1st May 2015 09:37 PM

6 cans o lager, half a bottle of vodka and Cult Labs Radio, best night ive had in ages. :ilovecultlabs:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayzeUK (Post 447714)
6 cans o lager, half a bottle of vodka and Cult Labs Radio, best night ive had in ages. :ilovecultlabs:

Sounds like an awesome night in to me, Dayze! Got any faves that you've heard tonight? :rockband:

Rik 1st May 2015 10:35 PM

Just found a two minute piece of music that I did ages ago that I can edit and use for some jingles/soundbites in between the songs:cool:

nosferatu42 2nd May 2015 08:38 AM

Been listening most of last night and got it on now too, great station.:)
Has already had on quite a few favourites of mine and the sound clips are great. I'm not normally a radio listener but this is right up my street, carry on with the good work.:thankingyou:

Buboven 3rd May 2015 05:19 PM

I have a legal download of the Planet Terror soundtrack I would love to add!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd May 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 447926)
I have a legal download of the Planet Terror soundtrack I would love to add!

Awesome! Planet Terror has a great soundtrack - very sax-y...

Could you send me a private message when you get a moment, Bub and we'll get this sorted out for you. :dance:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th May 2015 09:05 PM

A MASSIVE thank you to all those who have helped to build up the station lately. We've had some fantastic soundtracks sent in to be added - loads of great cult gems.

If you have sent us any soundtracks, don't be shy to show off your awesomeness and let everyone know what film(s) you added to Cult Labs Radio...

:bananapair:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th May 2015 11:15 AM

Check out the brand new title we've added to everyone who has contibuted to the Cult Labs Radio station!

Show off your badge of honor!

Remember, if you own any cult film soundtracks that you'd love to see included on Cult Labs Radio, be sure to send me a Private Message and we'll sort that out for you asap :nod:

A big thank you to all those who have helped build up the music library so far - it's been fantastic! :loveeyes:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 448160)
Check out the brand new title we've added to everyone who has contibuted to the Cult Labs Radio station!

Show off your badge of honor!

Looks really good!

Vipp 5th May 2015 01:24 PM

I am made up to have a new title on my profile! :thankingyou:

Vampix 5th May 2015 01:47 PM

I listen to the radio loads, so you can be sure I'll be tuning in. :thumb:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2015 02:12 PM

Recently had INXS, two tracks from Planet Terror, Axel F's theme, Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar and now They Call Me Mr Tibbs by Quincy Jones, so the variety is quite something!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th May 2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 448172)
Recently had INXS, two tracks from Planet Terror, Axel F's theme, Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar and now They Call Me Mr Tibbs by Quincy Jones, so the variety is quite something!

I really love that Heavy Metal song - it's so awesome!

Got some Monty Python on now. Talking about something completely different ;)

Lots of exciting things planned for the near future guys, including special shows. Be sure to bookmark the station people.