Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Latest Album Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7207-latest-album-bought.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2015 07:00 PM

Thought this was an interesting line in the article.

Quote:

CD sales fell by 6.5% and downloads dropped by nearly 9%
So much for download sales taking over physical products.

Inspector Abberline 8th December 2015 06:38 PM

The Specials (album)Released19 October 1979

3 Attachment(s)
The Specials (album)Released19 October 1979
I was to say the least a little bit surprised to see Tesco's selling vinyl albums, I was even more surprised to see that it did not have the usual top ten stuff, no Adele for one thing, although there was a Coldplay album but I just gritted my teeth and kept browsing fighting the urge to get a hammer from the DIY department and smashing them to bits, The other surprise was the only one I could see that had sold out was the The Specials (album),Rats I thought, there was a nice selection of modern classics Nirvana, Guns and Roses to the usual The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.It kind of reminded me of those halcyon days of going to Woolworths when I was a young un and browsing there record selection all those many years ago, over whelmed with nostalgia, I shuffled off into the far distance looking for baked beans and incontinent pants. Next day, and after a rather dull day at work up and down the hills of south wales and that nagging feeling tomorrow was gonna be no better I decided to try Tesco's again today and see if they had replenished there shelves, and by George they had, there was three copies of the The Specials 1979 first album in white vinyl no less and for the princely sum of £17..When this was first released I was probably just a little to young and didn't actually buy a copy the first time around,it would be a few years later about the same time I bought The Clash's The London Calling (vinyl album that almost a piece of art) But I do remember seeing The Specials on Top Of The Pops in 81 doing Ghost Town,and being pretty blown away by that song and thinking these guys look a lot cooler than Bucks Fizz. Does the album stand the test of time,is still relevant? Who cares , All I know when I listen to it I'm 13 year old kid again.

Inspector Abberline 12th December 2015 10:04 AM

you give me the horne

1 Attachment(s)
Round the Horne: Complete Series 3: Classic Comedy from the BBC Archives (BBC Classic Radio Comedy) Audio CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
Attachment 173046

It seems to me that BBC are sitting on absolute tons of drama and radio comedy, from the post war boom to right up to today's stand up tossers they just seem to want to sit on it in some basement somewhere under lock and key and probably pad-locked in a steel box with a rather bored G4 security guard standing next to it, just in case some of it escapes into the ether of the internet. we should apparently be eternally grateful because sometimes things are put on there blessed I player, oh thank you BBc for letting us poor mortals share in your goodness, even though we all pay a ****ing license fee to keep those twats in a job and pay for all these tv and radio shows, we are not deemed good enough to own them because the BBC like to hold onto there stuff horde it away and then drip feed us a little at a time as long as we pay, what once, twice three times a lady. I luv these old radio shows Round the Horne and Hancocks Half Hour and the Goons,in this day and age you could put the whole back catalogue on a usb stick and still have room for war and peace.I love buying a product whether its a vinyl record or a dvd,but then again I don't like getting screwed unless im wined and dined first, that is what the BBC is doing, slowly releasing something on cd and charging an arm and a leg for it.I know i don't have to buy there product and I could download illegally if I wanted to but I like to support these releases because if we don't they'll probably throw the steel box into the sea and it will sit on the bed of the ocean for ever. As for this release bloody brilliant.
British Broadcasting C""ts

:santanukem::santanukem::santanukem::santanukem: for Horne

:xmashumbug::xmashumbug: for BBc

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:00 PM

Latest albums bought.

1 Attachment(s)
It is 1987 isn't it? :confused:

Susan Foreman 19th December 2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471444)
It is 1987 isn't it? :confused:

No - that is a Whitesnake album!

Demoncrat 21st December 2015 03:44 PM

Received the Girl Band album Holding Hands With Jamie on vinyl, late birthday pressie etc. Bonny!!

Inspector Abberline 26th December 2015 12:15 PM

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

5 Attachment(s)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
I think my mum must of been listening when I was waffling on about Tesco's having vinyl on there shelves.Mind you I was dropping some none subtle hits about this,so it looks like my brain washing actually worked,See not all old people are a lumber on society,as long as she's cashing in her pension. I know not everyone is a Beatles fan, and seeing that this week there back catalogue is now available on streaming sites like Spotify,it seems ironic that I got it now on vinyl,I got nothing against downloading legit ,music but over the last few months due to a few people on this site I started buying vinyl again.I doubt very much ill be buying it hundreds like I did when I was growing up,mainly because there just isn't the room,which was I think many of the reasons CD's were popular you could store them anywhere,now you don't even have to worry about storage,just download and stick it on a cloud somewhere. Any how I wouldn't say im biggest Beatles fan ,although i did all those cd re-releases this year as well so perhaps i am? But I think,and im taking a big risk of being contradicted here,because I know there's a few of you who know more than me on this subject.But Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is a pretty damn good piece of psychedelic pop ,not saying its the best but certainly up there somewhere.Maybe its because secretly ive always wanted one of those rather colourful jackets there wearing on the front cover. Mind you I have always wanted to live in yellow submarine as a kid ever since I saw the film on television all those years ago. Anyhow as a piece of vinyl its lovely looking release and definitely worth all my time time sending subliminal messages to dear old frail grey haired mom.

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: out of 5

Susan Foreman 26th December 2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 472177)
See not all old people are a lumber on society,as long as she's cashing in her pension

Why, you young whippersnapper

Watch your mouth, sonny. You will be old one day

You're not too big for me to take my belt off, and give you a good whupping with it!

Oh - if that is the version you got, it's good to see that they are still including the 'insert' with the Sgt. Pepper moustache etc. I thought that was just for initial pressings when the record was first released, back in the mists of time

Rik 26th December 2015 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not bought, but the care worker for one of the disabled adults I teach at the studio got a free copy of the new Muse album because he'd bought tickets for their tour next year, so he gave it me due to him already owning it, nice gesture on his part :)

Attachment 173522

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2016 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
David Bowie - Blackstar.