Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Latest Album Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7207-latest-album-bought.html)

Prince_Vajda 18th September 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 274240)
Prince, have you had a chance to listen to Pink's new album?

I was wondering if its mainly pop rock anthems or maudlin woe is me ballads like her last album.

Some classic purchases by the way. :rockon:

Thanks, pal!

The new P!NK album's a nice surprise. It contains soft songs as well as harder stuff. I gave it a quick spin this afternoon.
A few favourites of mine so far: Are We All We Are, True Love, Slut Like You, The Truth About Love, Walk of Shame, Good Old Days.

My personal favourite:
Pink - 10 - Walk Of Shame (Studio) (New Album) - YouTube

It's not a Pop Rock album like Try This - but it's a a lot more interesting than I'm Not Dead and Funhouse, which where good albums, but a bit repetitive at times.
Great hooklines everywhere, and her voice is still fantastic.

My personal opinion: it sounds like a mix of all of her previous releases, spiced up by a certain positive surprise element and a huge bottle of "freshness".

I normally wait till the price drops, but I ordered this album instantly. It's worth every penny - if you're into P!NK's style, that is.

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2012 10:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up Prince. :)

The track you posted sounds good to me. The "we're walking" electro parts remind me of Girls Aloud. :happy:

Susan Foreman 19th September 2012 07:29 PM

Very much off-topic, but I have just discovered that SOMEONE has taken the first disc out of my 'Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child' CD.

The scratches on it suggest that they have been using it to skate all over the floor!

Am NOT happy!

zane 19th September 2012 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No Stranger to Danger by Lääz Rockit - because it features this incredible cool tune as a bonus track.

"Swinging the hammer - no one hears a sound" :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoqnVAAauQQ

Make Them Die Slowly 21st September 2012 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A CD about the Pendle Witches.

Make Them Die Slowly 27th September 2012 01:21 PM

Sandy Denny:"Like an Old Fashion Waltz"
Crass:"Stations of the Crass. The Crassical Collection"
Burial:"Street Halo/Kindred"

Nordicdusk 27th September 2012 04:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I hate having to re buy albums but i lost loads between moves a few years ago taking ages to get them all back but atleast they were cheap.

Attachment 81928

Attachment 81929

Attachment 81930

Attachment 81931

Rik 27th September 2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 276204)
I hate having to re buy albums but i lost loads between moves a few years ago taking ages to get them all back but atleast they were cheap.

Attachment 81928

Attachment 81929

Attachment 81930

Attachment 81931

I have all those re-mastered Maiden CD's(plus the originals and on tape and vinyl), I hate the new covers for Iron Maiden and No Prayer For The Dying, why they changed them is beyond me :crazy:

They look pretty cool lined up together on the shelf with the spinebuider :rockon::rockon:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 276204)

Attachment 81928

Attachment 81929

Attachment 81930

Attachment 81931

You run out of vaseline Nordic? :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 276340)
I have all those re-mastered Maiden CD's(plus the originals and on tape and vinyl), I hate the new covers for Iron Maiden and No Prayer For The Dying, why they changed them is beyond me :crazy:

Christ i'd never noticed they were different. :doh:

Where's the grave digger gone?