Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Latest Album Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7207-latest-album-bought.html)

Justin101 21st January 2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 665952)
I got this coming..

Zombie Flesh Eaters - Complete Score + 40 Page Book - Limited Edition - Fabio Frizzi

Attachment 238716

At last but not least… After 2 years of absence from our catalogue we are glad to reveal we are close to release a new edition of Fabio Frizzi’s fans most beloved horror score, Zombi 2, with the American title of Zombie Flesh Eaters, a project we are developing since five years!
Since ever paired with Un gatto nel cervello, now finally alone in a version that is gifted with unreleased material which was recorded in a tape found in an old Ribot archive.
One of the holy grails in our catalogue, since ever bitterly loved, because of its shortness: even if the older version featured a good portion of the score, it was largely incomplete.
With the addition of the material transferred from this extra tape, and with the song There’s no matter, which can be heard at the beginning of the movie, when the two protagonists investigate the sequestered ship, we can attest this is the definitive edition of this outstanding soundtrack which marks a significant style evolution of the Maestro, aside the growth of his artistic relationship with Lucio Fulci.
In this edition we offer the score on CD in a deluxe hardpaper box with the insane artwork by Graham Humphreys, both on the box and on the 40 pages book inside, slim jewelcase with a maxi inlay featuring the iconic photographic poster of the time and a crazy black and white artwork by Alexandros Pyromallis. Gun line is complete with liner notes by Antonella Fulci, Fabio Frizzi and Daniele De Gemini, mastering by Enrico De Gemini.
Track Listing
1 Zombi 2 – Seq. 1 3:57
2 Zombi 2 – Seq. 2 3:10
3 Zombi 3 – Seq. 3 2:32
4 Zombi 2 – Seq. 4 2:31
5 Zombi 2 – Seq. 5 1:21
6 Zombi 2 – Seq. 6 3:02
7 Zombi 2 – Seq. 7 3:06
8 Zombi 2 – Seq. 8 3:02
9 There is no matter. 4:39
10 Zombi 2 – Seq. 9 2:56
11 Zombi 2 – Seq. 10 1:25
12 Zombi 2 – Seq. 11 4:00
13 Zombi 2 – Seq. 12 2:58
Total time 39:21

Who's releasing this? Is it getting a wide release or order from the company?
I have it on LP, Death Waltz Records #1 but it only has the first 8 cues on it.

Edit:: I have the CD from the Blue Underground 3 discer that came out fairly recently, which has the 8 cues and the Linda Lee song!

Dave Boy 21st January 2022 08:42 PM

It is released by BEAT records. Also available on vinyl.
Available from ebay sellers or elite soundtracks.
Yeah, I have the original BEAT release, The SHOCK DVD soundtrack, the Blackest Heart media release and the CD in the Blue Underground set.

Dave Boy 23rd January 2022 06:25 PM

Regarding the new ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS CD.
The extra tracks come across as a disappointment. The highlight for me is the underwater dive music. Apart from that there is one piece of cue music.
The rest of the tracks seem to be demo type pieces with strange synth voices and music already available though shorter or slightly different mixed in at the end.
I'm glad I have the underwater music but there is still music missing so this is not a complete score. There is music on other albums that are not on this release.
The package looks great and i'm glad I have it for completion but I was expecting a lot more than this.
If you have not got any of the music then it's going to be a nice package but for those seeking out missing music or cues, that have the previous releases then this will be a disappointment.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2022 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Asda this morning. Sixty songs from Sandie and Dusty - :clap: Not too bothered about the thirty Lulu songs but for a fiver i'm happy.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...5&d=1643203796

MrBarlow 26th January 2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666158)
From Asda this morning. Sixty songs from Sandie and Dusty - :clap: Not too bothered about the thirty Lulu songs but for a fiver i'm happy.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...5&d=1643203796

For a fiver that's a no bad price Dem

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th February 2022 03:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple from the last day of the Amazon New Year sale.

Robert Plant / Alison Krauss - Raise the Roof
Ministry - Moral Hygiene

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th February 2022 07:41 PM

Latest Album NOT Bought.

2 Attachment(s)
Was looking at the new Now That's What i call Punk and New Wave four cd set in Asda today.

I'm sorry but although there are a lot of genuinely great songs on here from a lot of great bands how they can include U2 and Simple Minds BUT NOT have a single Sex Pistols song... I'm sorry it's just wrong.

Susan Foreman 10th February 2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666782)
Was looking at the new Now That's What i call Punk and New Wave four cd set in Asda today.

I'm sorry but although there are a lot of genuinely great songs on here from a lot of great bands how they can include U2 and Simple Minds BUT NOT have a single Sex Pistols song... I'm sorry it's just wrong

It's probably contractual

Have you noticed how many 'greatest hits / groups of the 60's' releases do not feature anything by The Who? This is because in the early 60's they signed (what turned out to be) a very bad deal where around 85% of all the royalties from ALL THE ALBUMS THAT THEY RECORDED UP UNTIL DECEMBER 31st 1969 went to producer Shel Talmy

As far as I am aware, this agreement is still in place!

That is why The Who released so few albums during that period and concentrated on their live act as they would get 100% of all monies paid for live shows

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 666814)
It's probably contractual

Have you noticed how many 'greatest hits / groups of the 60's' releases do not feature anything by The Who? This is because in the early 60's they signed (what turned out to be) a very bad deal where around 85% of all the royalties from ALL THE ALBUMS THAT THEY RECORDED UP UNTIL DECEMBER 31st 1969 went to producer Shel Talmy

As far as I am aware, this agreement is still in place!

That is why The Who released so few albums during that period and concentrated on their live act as they would get 100% of all monies paid for live shows

It wouldn't be so bad but the punk compilation is on EMI, as were the Pistols.

Justin101 10th February 2022 04:08 PM

That's what I was thinking... I know they moved to Virgin and famously have a song slagging off EMI, but they still put out the singles prior to the album release.

Also, I laughed, but it's not funny, I neglected to read the full title of the compilation and totally missed the 'New Wave' part and I was thinking that some liberties with the term 'Punk' were being taken on the track listing :lol: numpty haha