Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The German/French DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1017-german-french-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 338599)
There's a package waiting at the P.O.....Must be these two crackers!

The Army Of Darkness set is amazing. The only thing I don't like about Koch (and this applies to their release of The Punisher too). When you choose a version of the film, there's no way to switch to another version from the menu. You have to either eject the disc or start it from the beginning to get the menu to choose a version again. Very poor.

Delirium 30th April 2013 06:30 PM

Does the director's cut of Army of Darkness have the extra footage in HD - like the consistent quality of the extra footage in the MGM HK release?

Sorry if that's been answered already, I don't read all threads.

LoBo 30th April 2013 06:32 PM

Look here: Thursday Blu-ray

I have always liked this since the first time i saw it on TV many years ago. I already have it on pre-order.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 338650)
Does the director's cut of Army of Darkness have the extra footage in HD - like the consistent quality of the extra footage in the MGM HK release?

Sorry if that's been answered already, I don't read all threads.

No need to apologise. Don't think it's been asked, but it does, and it looks great. I'm hanging on to my HK dvd for the artwork though.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBo (Post 338651)
Look here: Thursday Blu-ray

I have always liked this since the first time i saw it on TV many years ago. I already have it on pre-order.

Yeah, good film. I think it originally premiered on one of the Sky movie channels over here. Might need to pick this up. :)

Rik 30th April 2013 07:11 PM

Is that a prequel to Friday?

I'll see myself out...:o:behindsofa:

Delirium 30th April 2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 338661)
No need to apologise. Don't think it's been asked, but it does, and it looks great. I'm hanging on to my HK dvd for the artwork though.

Thank you, Stephen!

antmumford 1st May 2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 338663)
Is that a prequel to Friday?

I'll see myself out...:o:behindsofa:

Close.... it's actually a sequel to Wednesday

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 338646)
The Army Of Darkness set is amazing. The only thing I don't like about Koch (and this applies to their release of The Punisher too). When you choose a version of the film, there's no way to switch to another version from the menu. You have to either eject the disc or start it from the beginning to get the menu to choose a version again. Very poor.

I'm going on an Evil Dead marathon at the weekend.
The only one I've watched in HD so far is part II!

Paul@TheOverlook 2nd May 2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 338662)
Yeah, good film. I think it originally premiered on one of the Sky movie channels over here. Might need to pick this up. :)

Is they the Thomas Jane film? If so it had a rental VHS release from PolyGram ;)