Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Redemption Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12837-redemption-films.html)

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 04:39 PM

Redemption Films

Just wondering if anyone collects any of these films. Looking through all the releases i dont think i have ever seen and of the titles they have released. Any recommendations.

Cheers.

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looking over it again i have only seen these.

Attachment 157572 Attachment 157573

Antropophagus 25th February 2015 05:12 PM

I have Rollin's Grapes of Death blu, also have recently ordered Fascination and Living Dead Girl.

Susan Foreman 25th February 2015 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to have a lot of these on VHS back in the day

They were my introduction to the work of Jean Rollin, Jess Franco and The Blind Dead amongst others

If memory serves, Eileen Daly (from 'Razor Blade Smile') was the poster girl for Redemption Films

Rik 25th February 2015 05:24 PM

I think Nos has the entire US Blu collection, I've only got the two Zombie films, Oasis and Lake, which are both utter shite :lol:

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 437114)
I think Nos has the entire US Blu collection, I've only got the two Zombie films, Oasis and Lake, which are both utter shite :lol:

Is Oasis of the Zombie good shite or bad shite :lol:

Prince_Vajda 25th February 2015 05:33 PM

I own most of their Jean Rollin Blu-rays. Pretty enjoyable releases.

Antropophagus 25th February 2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437116)

Terrible shite :D

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 437117)
I own most of their Jean Rollin Blu-rays. Pretty enjoyable releases.

How are they with extras ?

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 437119)
Terrible shite :D

As bad as Zombie Lake is i still enjoy it from time to time. Is Oasis of The Zombies on par with Zombie Lake?

Antropophagus 25th February 2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437121)
As bad as Zombie Lake is i still enjoy it from time to time. Is Oasis of The Zombies on par with Zombie Lake?

They are equally terrible.

Rik 25th February 2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437116)

You know, I've no idea. I watched them back to back when they arrived and I know one was better than the other, but I can't for the life in me remember which, so I've not dared watch either again in case I pick the wrong one :lol:

As for extras, just trailers on each.

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 437123)
You know, I've no idea. I watched them back to back when they arrived and I know one was better than the other, but I can't for the life in me remember which, so I've not dared watch either again in case I pick the wrong one :lol:

As for extras, just trailers on each.

:lol:

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 437122)
They are equally terrible.

SOLD :lol:

Prince_Vajda 25th February 2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437120)

All the Blu-rays I own contain either interviews or short documentaries or both. Runtime varies. Some discs have 15 minutes of extras, some almost an hour. Small booklets with essays by Tim Lucas are included as well.

This reminds me that I originally wanted to review all of Rollin's films on a specific thread, but somehow I got lost.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 05:51 PM

I own quite a few of the Redemption US Blus - a few are region locked though (the Pete Walker titles for instance).

Gold6082 25th February 2015 05:56 PM

I've been thinking of upgrading the shriek show DVDs of the walker films I have for ages but never got round to it. Is there a significant worthwhile difference in picture quality to make the move?

Rik 25th February 2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 437131)
I own quite a few of the Redemption US Blus - a few are region locked though (the Pete Walker titles for instance).

I was under the impression that the only two that aren't are the two I own, which is why I bought them, being region locked at the time

Prince_Vajda 25th February 2015 06:05 PM

All Jean Rollin Blu-rays should be region free.

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 437131)

I'm region free so that won't be a problem. Worth picking up a few then?

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 437126)
All the Blu-rays I own contain either interviews or short documentaries or both. Runtime varies. Some discs have 15 minutes of extras, some almost an hour. Small booklets with essays by Tim Lucas are included as well.

This reminds me that I originally wanted to review all of Rollin's films on a specific thread, but somehow I got lost.

Cheers PV I sometimes get in the mood to watch extras rather than the films themselves so it's nice to have a few even if it's just an interview or something.

I started a Lugosi thread for review and the like but have fallen way behind also.

Antropophagus 25th February 2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437120)

Rape of the Vampire

Introduction by Jean Rollin (1080p, 2:45)
"Fragments of Pavement Under the Sand" – the making of "The Rape of the Vampire" directed by Daniel Gouyette and featuring interviews with Jean Rollin, Jean-Denis Bonan and Jean-Pierre Bouyxou (1080p, 23:46)
Alternate (clothed) scene (1080p, 2:08)
Interviews with:
-Jean Rollin (1080i, 4:26)
-Jean-Loup Philippe (1080p, 9:17)
Short Films directed by Jean Rollin:
-"The Yellow Loves AKA Les Amours jaunes (1958)" (1080p, 10:37)
-"The Far Country AKA Les Pays loin (1965)" (1080p, 16:24)
Trailers for "The Rape of the Vampire", "Requiem for a Vampire", "The Demoniacs", "The Nude Vampire", "The Shiver of the Vampires", "The Iron Rose", "Lips of Blood", and "Fascination" (1080i and 1080p).

The Nude Vampire

Introduction by Jean Rollin (2:04)
Jean Rollin Interview (19:06)
Natalie Perrey Interview (3:54)
English Theatrical Trailer (3:42)
Original French Trailers for: The Shiver of the Vampires (4:09), The Nude Vampire (3:41), The Iron Rose (3:42), Lips of Blood (2:20), and Fascination (2:33)

The Shiver of the Vampires

Introduction by Jean Rollin (2:35)
Jean Rollin Interview (41:02)
English Theatrical Trailer (4:10)
Original French Trailers for: The Shiver of the Vampires (4:09), The Nude Vampire (3:41), The Iron Rose (3:42), Lips of Blood (2:20), and Fascination (2:33)

The Iron Rose

Introduction by Jean Rollin (1:16)
Francoise Pascal Interview (22:01)
Natalie Perrey Interview (8:40)
English Opening Title Sequence (2:20)
Original Trailers for: The Iron Rose x4 (French & English, A&B, each 3:42), The Shiver of the Vampires (4:09), The Nude Vampire (3:41), Lips of Blood (2:20), and Fascination (2:33)

Requiem for a Vampire

Introduction by Jean Rollin (1080p, 2:27)
"The Shiver of a Requiem" – documentary (1080p, 17:41)
Interview with Louise Dhour (10:07)
Trailers (French, English, and US as 'Caged Virgins')

The Demoniacs

Introduction by Jean Rollin (1080p, 3:08)
2 Deleted Sex Scenes (1080i, 3:37 + 6:41)
Out-take Footage (1080p, 2:07)
Interviews with:
-Natalie Perry (1080p, 1:29)
-Jean-Pierre Bouyxou (1080p, 14:42)
Trailers for 8 Jean Rollin films (1080p)

Lips of Blood

Introduction by Jean Rollin (2:40)
Interview with Natalie Perrey (9:45)

The Grapes of Death

Introduction by director Jean Rollin (2:22)
Interview with director Jean Rollin, conducted by Patrick Lambert and Federick Durand (49:00, SD)
Bonus Trailers:
- "Fascination"
- "The Night of the Hunted"
- "Zombie Lake"
- "The Living Dead Girl"
- "Two Orphan Vampires"
Theatrical Trailers (3:14)

Fascination

Deleted sex scenes (no audio):
-Brigitte Lahaie and Jean-Marie Lemaire (1080p, 7:54)
-Brigitte Lahaie and Cyril Val (1080p, 7:32)
"Virgins And Vampires" - Eurotika! TV documentary of the life and work of Jean Rollin (1080i, 24:23)

The Night of the Hunted

Introduction by director Jean Rollin (1:24)
Filmmaker Interview Excerpt (2:25, SD)
Deleted Sex Scenes (2:31 and 5:34)
Bonus Trailers:
- "The Grapes of Death"
- "Fascination"
- "Zombie Lake"
- "The Living Dead Girl"
- "Two Orphan Vampires"
Theatrical Trailer (3:25)

Zombie Lake

English "Zombies' Lake" Title Sequence (2:32)
Alternate Scenes:
- Opening Sequence (2:02)
- Volleyball (3:58)
French Trailer (2:55)
English Trailer (2:55)
Trailers for "Oasis of the Zombies", "Rape of the Vampire", and "The Demoniacs".

The Living Dead Girl

Introduction from Jean Rollin (1:22)
Four featurettes by Daniel Gouyette:
-"Jean-Pierre Bouyxou on La Morte Vivante" (7:00)
-"The Living Dead Girl: The American Version" (6:57)
-"Music by Philippe D'Aram" (8:22)
-"When I Was Seventeen: An Homage to Benoit Lestang" (11:57)
Jean Rollin at Fantasia 2007 (36:23)
Excerpt of an interview with Jean Rollin by Joshua T. Gravel (2:56)
Original theatrical trailer
Trailers for 9 other Rollin films

Two Orphan Vampires

"Memories of a Blue World, the Making of Les Deux Orphelines Vampires," by Daniel Gouyette, featuring interviews with cast and crew of the film (42:30)
Interview with Jean Rollin in 2008, by Rebecca Johnson (20:19)
Original theatrical trailer
Trailers for 9 other Rollin films

Black Magic Rites

Trailers (HD) for "Black Magic Rites", "Hatchet for the Honeymoon", "Lisa and the Devil", "The Nude Vampire", and "The Shiver of the Vampires".

Oasis of the Zombies

Trailer (2:58)
Trailers for "Zombie Lake", "Female Vampire", and "Exorcism/Demoniac"

Virgin Witch

Photo Gallery (16 pics)
Bonus Trailers:
- "The Nude Vampire" (3:41)
- "The Shiver of the Vampires" (4:08)
- "The Iron Rose" (3:41)
- "Lips of Blood" (2:19)
- "Fascination" (2:32)
Theatrical Trailer (1:50)

Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Audio commentary with author of "Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark", Tim Lucas
Bonus Trailers (HD):
- "Black Sunday"
- "Baron Blood"
- "Lisa and the Devil"
- "The House of Exorcism"
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Justine: The Misfortunes of Virtue

Interviews (SD):
-director Chris Boger (5:31)
-screenwriter Ian Cullen (19:23)
Alternate Title Sequences (1080p):
-English (00:25)
-French (00:35)
Theatrical Trailer (1080p, 2:30)
Stills Gallery (1080p) 16 images
Redemption Trailers (1080p): "The Nude Vampire", "Fascination", "Virgin Witch", "Killer's Moon", and "The Asphyx".

The Asphyx

Theatrical Trailer (2:02)
Stills Gallery
Redemption Trailers:
-Virgin Witch (1:51)
-Killer's Moon (2:32)

Burke & Hare

"Grave Desires: Corpses on Film" featurette (12:27)
Interview with Françoise Pascal (4:14)
Theatrical trailer
Bonus trailers [HD]
– The Blood Beast Terror
– Killer's Moon
– Virgin Witch
– The Asphyx

The Blood Beast Terror

Stills Gallery
Trailers for "The Blood Beast Terror", "Burke & Hare", "Killer's Moon", "Virgin Witch", and "The Asphyx".

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 437134)
I was under the impression that the only two that aren't are the two I own, which is why I bought them, being region locked at the time

No, the locked ones are in the minority.

Going off the ones I own, the only locked titles I have are: All the Walker titles (The Comeback, Die Screaming Marianne, The Flesh and Blood Show, Frightmare, Home Before Midnight, The House of Mortal Sin, The House of Whipcord, Schizo), The Blood Beast Terror and Burke & Hare.

The only ones I don't own are the Robbe-Grillet titles (I have the UK BFI boxset) and the two zombie titles which you have already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437139)
I'm region free so that won't be a problem. Worth picking up a few then?

Definitely! I'd highly recommend the Walker titles. Rollin is a director I love but a hard one to recommend... my favourites from him are probably The Iron Rose, The Grapes of Death, The Living Dead Girl, and The Nude Vampire... together they provide a good overview of his work at any rate. I also really rate Franco's The Awful Dr. Orlof and Female Vampire if you want some gothic capering and erotic euro-vampire sleaze respectively. Killer's Moon is another little grimy favourite of mine and The Asphyx and Hatchet for the Honeymoon are highlights of the collection too.

They can usually all be found quite reasonably priced from Amazon marketplace sellers and the transfers range from excellent to decent; some are a little rough around the edges but it's to be expected with films of this sort.

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 06:39 PM

Thanks a million Antro great post really appreciate the information.

Cheers B_E i will look into keeping some up starting with your recommendations.

:clap: :clap:

Antropophagus 25th February 2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 437158)
Thanks a million Antro great post really appreciate the information.

Cheers B_E i will look into keeping some up starting with your recommendations.

:clap: :clap:

You're welcome :)

Prince_Vajda 25th February 2015 06:44 PM

Jean Rollin - watch out. I'd start with The Grapes of Death and Fascination. Both films are pretty accessible and entertaining.

If you like them, it's a good idea to continue one film at a time and avoid his first two films (see my review thread for details) and maybe The Iron Rose (a fine but strange film) till you're really sure you like his kind of filmmaking.

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 437161)
Jean Rollin - watch out. I'd start with The Grapes of Death and Fascination. Both titles are pretty accessible and entertaining.

If you like them, it's a good idea to continue one film at a time and avoid his first two films (see my review thread for details) and maybe The Iron Rose (a fine but strange film) till you're really sure you like his kind of filmmaking.

Thanks for the recommendation and warning :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 08:17 PM

I've got all their blus so far.

Get the Walker films mate and also KILLER'S MOON-One of the tastiest,sleaziest most entertaining British scuzzbuckets to ever hit the screen mate.;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 08:21 PM

I used to have the majority of their vhs releases.

I have around 20 dvd's from them.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They've been a bit quiet lately.....I see they're releasing the other Walker films in a set to match the first one....

Nordicdusk 25th February 2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 437199)
I've got all their blus so far.

Get the Walker films mate and also KILLER'S MOON-One of the tastiest,sleaziest most entertaining British scuzzbuckets to ever hit the screen mate.;)

:thankingyou:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 437206)
I used to have the majority of their vhs releases.

I have around 20 dvd's from them.

Likewise.For the films,the gothic b&w artwork was atrocious!

Most of their catalogue on vhs was blootered at the hands of the Soho scissor sisters!

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 437220)
Likewise.For the films,the gothic b&w artwork was atrocious!

Back then i honestly didn't mind it.

It made the cases distinctive.

Grown to dislike them since though.

platostotal 27th June 2015 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this in HMV, I assume it's the same Redemption BD but with a different cover, it was £8.99 or £7.99 for dvd.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th June 2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 454589)
Saw this in HMV, I assume it's the same Redemption BD but with a different cover, it was £8.99 or £7.99 for dvd.

No it's a new release from Odeon.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 454589)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 454591)
No it's a new release from Odeon.

Yeah, Redemption only have US rights for most of the Walker films.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th May 2016 11:46 AM

Coming soon:

http://images.static-bluray.com/movi...631_medium.jpg

Quote:

The Redemption label has confirmed that it will release on Blu-ray cult Spanish director Jess Franco's film Dracula's Daughter a.k.a. La fille de Dracula (1972), starring Britt Nichols, Howard Vernon, Anne Libert, Alberto Dalbés, and Daniel White. The release is expected to arrive on the U.S. market later this summer.

SynopsisL A series of murders take place in a remote European village which the locals believe to be the work of vampires and which the police dismiss as nonsense. The murders coincide with the arrival of the beautiful Luisa Karlstein (Britt Nichols) who has been summoned by the imminent death of her mother, Baroness Karlstein, who tells her daughter the family secret, that they are all vampires!

Loosely based on the classic Sheridan le Fenu short story Carmilla, Franco's tale of lesbianism and vampirism is, it must be said, a disjointed and hotch-potch affair filmed almost back-toback with the The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein. Yet, despite its flaws, it maintains enough of Franco's classic languid and dreamlike otherworldliness to include it among Franco's classic titles.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th June 2016 10:00 AM

http://images3.static-bluray.com/mov...431_medium.jpg

Quote:

The Redemption label has confirmed that it will release on Blu-ray cult Spanish director Jess Franco's film The Mistresses of Dr. Jekyll a.k.a. Dr. Orloff's Monster (1964), starring Hugo Blanco, Agnès Spaak, Perla Cristal, Marcelo Arroita-Jáuregui, and Pepe Rubio. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this year.

Synopsis: Melissa, an attractive Austrian college student, travels to Holfen to spend the Christmas holidays at the castle of her uncle, Dr. Conrad Fisherman, but the mood she encounters there is hardly festive. Her uncle's behavior is cold and furtive, and her Aunt Ingrid is perpetually drunk, trying to forget the night so many years ago when Conrad caught her making love with his brother Andros and murdered him. Melissa's chance discovery of a photograph of her late father, whom she never knew, awakens her curiosity about the past, just as Dr. Fisherman, a disciple of the mad Dr. Orloff, awakens the corpse of Andros as a human automaton with a high-frequency command to kill...!

Specs and Special Features:

Newly remastered in 2K
Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
And More...

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2016 10:11 AM

I've not seen this, any good?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th June 2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 493270)
I've not seen this, any good?

Me neither. It's definitely one I'm interested in though as I enjoy his first Orlof film a great deal.