Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Susan Foreman 23rd June 2023 08:30 AM

'Following' (1998) - Limited Edition Blu-Ray pre-order available from 101 Films direct - RRP £16:99

Release date: July 31

"101 Films presents Christopher Nolan’s debut feature film Following (1998) on Blu-ray in the UK for the first time. Armed with a 16mm camera, a tiny budget and using his now trademark non-linear structure Nolan presents a gripping Neo-Noir set on the backstreets of London. Shot over the course of 12 months, with Nolan covering the majority of production duties himself, Following a thrilling introduction to one of modern cinema's great visionaries.

Curiosity develops into voyeuristic fixation as a young writer, Bill (Jeremy Theobald) follows strangers around London to research a novel. After following Cobb (Alex Haw), a well-heeled stranger, who is actually a thief, Bill’s obsession takes a sinister turn. Drawn into Cobb’s world of burglary, prying into the personal lives of victims, he becomes obsessed with an attractive young woman, played by Lucy Russell, an aspiring actress making her movie debut. In Cobb, Bill has found a strange companion, part mentor, part confessor and part evil twin. "

Special Features
  • Commentary with Actor Jeremy Theobald and Film Critic James Mottram
  • Unfollow - Director Christopher Nolan on Following
  • Dreamcatching - Producer Emma Thomas on Following
  • Wandering - Actor Jeremy Theobald on Following
  • The Blonde - Actor Lucy Russell on Following
  • Backtracking - Editor Gareth Heal on Following
  • Setting the Pace - Composer David Julyan on Following
  • Pay Attention - Jonathan Nolan on Following
  • Following in their Footsteps - Actors Jeremy Theobald & Lucy Russell revisit exterior locations from Following
  • Doodlebug - Short Film by Christopher Nolan
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Limited Edition Booklet: What’s in the box? Lifting the lid on Christopher Nolan’s debut Following by James Mottram and Lingering Shadows: A look at Christopher Nolan’s early neo-noir, Following by Andrew Graves

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2023 03:35 PM

The 101 Films summer sale has started with most none Black Label titles at £7.

Black Label titles are NOT included in this sale.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2023 03:38 PM

I bought and watched Death Sport quite recently.

That was a bit of fun and definitely a step up from the old dvd i had.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd June 2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 687499)
The 101 Films summer sale has started with most none Black Label titles at £7.

Black Label titles are NOT included in this sale.

I was in HMV today and there were quite a few Black Label titles at vastly reduced prices, probably less than half what I paid on prerelease.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2023 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW TO BLACK LABEL

101 Films presents Christopher Nolan's Memento (2000) in special packaging including a Limited Edition Blu-ray SteelBook® and featuring new interviews with the filmmakers, including director Christopher Nolan.

Released in 2000 after a lengthy quest for distribution, Christopher Nolan's landmark mind-bending thriller was released to universal acclaim receiving multiple Academy Award® nominations and has since gone on to become a cult classic. Following up his debut effort Following (1998) Nolan once again uses a meticulously crafted structure to place the audience inside the protagonist’s fractured mind. This time, like Leonard, we can never truly tell friend from foe, as everyone around him seeks to manipulate his condition to their own ends, while he himself seeks the truth. The brilliance of Memento lies in its ability to show you something new and thrill with each viewing.

Title 031 on the 101 Films Black Label, this limited-edition SteelBook® release features brand new interviews with director Christopher Nolan, executive producer Aaron Ryder, producer Emma Thomas, screenwriter, and author of the original inspiration for the film Jonathan Nolan, actor Carrie-Anne Moss, and frequent collaborator composer David Julyan. As well as a new commentary with film critics James Mottram and Sean Hogan. The package contains two booklets, one with Jonathan Nolan’s Memento Mori short story, and the other a brand-new essay: Remembrance of Things Past: Time and Memory in Christopher Nolan’s Memento by James Mottram. The disc is packaged in a rigid box with beautiful new artwork along with prop replicas of the Ferdy’s beer mat, polaroid photographs and Leonard’s notes enclosed in Leonard’s folder.

Justin101 3rd August 2023 04:11 PM

I’ve had Memento on DVD for about 20 years and I’ve never seen it lol

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd August 2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 688958)
I’ve had Memento on DVD for about 20 years and I’ve never seen it lol

I watched the dvd once. I have the Blu-ray as it was part of a six film Nolan set i bought from Cex for a tenner. I've watched all the others except Memento.

I lie. I haven't watched Inception either. Never seen it. Bought the dvd of that a few weeks after it came out and i never watched it.

Justin101 3rd August 2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 688961)
I watched the dvd once. I have the Blu-ray as it was part of a six film Nolan set i bought from Cex for a tenner. I've watched all the others except Memento.

I lie. I haven't watched Inception either. Never seen it. Bought the dvd of that a few weeks after it came out and i never watched it.

Inception is a really good one I think you'd like that! I was thinking about it the other day actually and i'm considering a re-watch :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd August 2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 688962)
Inception is a really good one I think you'd like that! I was thinking about it the other day actually and i'm considering a re-watch :)

I have it on dvd - still sealed - Blu-ray - bought from Poundland and still sealed - and in the Nolan Blu-ray box set and i've still not seen the film.

Justin101 3rd August 2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 688964)
I have it on dvd - still sealed - Blu-ray - bought from Poundland and still sealed - and in the Nolan Blu-ray box set and i've still not seen the film.

Stick it in your December drawer! The last act is snowbound so it has a wintery feel :D