Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2020 08:40 AM

I’d like to apologise for my rant last night Michael.Its frustrating sometimes when it looks as if someone’s being condescending,and perhaps I’ve took your post the wrong way.
As I say,apologies.
In the meantime you can rest assured your more than welcome in Glasgow.
Let’s hope the more ‘serious’ people on here have a sense of humour.;)
http://www.worldgreynews.com/78130/b...ess-in-glasgow

Michael Brooke 22nd July 2020 08:59 AM

Powerhouse Films

That can’t be me - I haven’t set foot in Glasgow in a good couple of years.

So it’s probably the bloke who was impersonating me on Blu-ray.com a few months back, and I trust the experience has taught him a valuable lesson.

Anyway, I wasn’t remotely intending to be condescending, and in fact I originally wasn’t going to say anything at all, but you seemed so repeatedly convinced that Five Tall Tales was a huge gamble that I felt I had to set the record straight!

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd July 2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 630791)
I’d like to apologise for my rant last night Michael.Its frustrating sometimes when it looks as if someone’s being condescending,and perhaps I’ve took your post the wrong way.
As I say,apologies.
In the meantime you can rest assured your more than welcome in Glasgow.
Let’s hope the more ‘serious’ people on here have a sense of humour.;)
http://www.worldgreynews.com/78130/b...ess-in-glasgow

I guess the Weegies ain't fans of Michael's beloved Czech and Polish movies! :D

Rob4 22nd July 2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 630793)
Anyway, I wasn’t remotely intending to be condescending, and in fact I originally wasn’t going to say anything at all, but you seemed so repeatedly convinced that Five Tall Tales was a huge gamble that I felt I had to set the record straight!

Just out of interest, Michael, which Indicator release was the most surprising success based on pre-conceived expectations?

Also apologies in advance for all my questions keeping you from your work on new releases. i promise this is the last.

Graeme73 22nd July 2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 630777)
That said, I can't immediately think of a title that was acquired specifically because of an online discussion - what's more likely to happen is that Titles A and B will already be under consideration, and someone on the team will recall that Title B generated a more lively discussion when it last came up and put that forward as a reason for favouring it. But then again, people on the team might be fonder of Title A and decide that it needs a fairer crack of the whip than it's had so far, so there's no hard and fast rule.

Michael, realistically, what are the chances of Indicator releasing an On The Buses boxset? Thanks.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 630793)

Fair dos M.
The record is now straight.:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 630796)
Just out of interest, Michael, which Indicator release was the most surprising success based on pre-conceived expectations?

Also apologies in advance for all my questions keeping you from your work on new releases. i promise this is the last.

I wouldn’t worry about it Rob.The more news on pre titles,the more talk,the more free publicity,the more PH will sell and then we’re all happy:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 630795)

:lol:

No not my cup of tea at I’m afraid.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 630795)

No.but we are fans of PH releases.....

So,Michael,have you any idea what the story is with HMV not listing or selling new PH titles? :confused:

I usually buy Ltd Eds or horror titles direct from PH,but when I'm in Fopp or HMV and there's nowt much out,I usually pick up a PH title or two....

Rob4 23rd July 2020 08:18 AM

got my Indicator Newsletter

Going to work so don't have time to post pictures but the Fu Manchu set looks the absolute dogs bollocks :loveeyes:

:thankingyou: PH/Indicator