Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

J Harker 14th April 2023 09:55 AM

Finally had dispatch emails for both my orders.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 14th April 2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 684443)
Finally had dispatch emails for both my orders.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Better late than never :lol:

Susan Foreman 14th April 2023 12:07 PM

Arriving tomorrow between 11:00 - 1.00

Possibly!

Justin101 14th April 2023 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 684453)
Arriving tomorrow between 11:00 - 1.00

Possibly!

Same for me :D Looks like Justin will be watching westerns this weekend...

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th April 2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 684467)
Same for me :D Looks like Justin will be watching westerns this weekend...

Shipping notices?

If only. :rolleyes:

Justin101 14th April 2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 684470)
Shipping notices?

If only. :rolleyes:

They seem to have it in hand now, so once you get the shipping notice then Royal Mail seem to have it, remember I had to wait 5 more days last time from shipping notice to RM saying that they had it. So fingers crossed for you, should be soon :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th April 2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 684475)
They seem to have it in hand now, so once you get the shipping notice then Royal Mail seem to have it, remember I had to wait 5 more days last time from shipping notice to RM saying that they had it. So fingers crossed for you, should be soon :)

Just had the shipping notice a few minutes ago.

The last one took a couple of days to show with RM then they delivered it the day after they said they would. :lol:

This i'll turn up at the tail end of next week.

Nordicdusk 14th April 2023 07:03 PM

My order is on the way also :rockon:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th April 2023 12:12 PM

July Releases

(Josef von Sternberg, 1957)
Release date: 24 July 2023
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK premiere)

The only colour film directed by the great Josef von Sternberg (Morocco), Jet Pilot brings together John Wayne (Hellfighters) and Janet Leigh (Psycho) in a Cold War blend of romance and thrills.

When Soviet defector Anna (Leigh) lands her plane on Colonel Shannon’s (Wayne) base, the two soon fall in love and marry. However, after it comes to light that Anna is still spying for her homeland, the couple flee to Russia, putting Shannon in danger from the Soviet authorities. Soon, Anna must choose between her love for her husband and her love for her country.

Written and produced by Jules Furthman (Blonde Venus), and famous for its extended period of post-production at the hands of studio boss Howard Hughes, Jet Pilot highlights the absurdity of the Cold War, and was hailed by critic Andrew Sarris as a precursor to Stanley Kubrick’s Dr. Strangelove.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

High Definition remaster

Two presentations of the film: in the original 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratio; and in the 1.37:1 open matte shooting ratio

Original mono audio

Tony Rayns on ‘Jet Pilot’ (2023): in-depth discussion of the film’s protracted production and release

The Town (1943): Josef von Sternberg’s contribution to the war effort, a short film about a typical small town in the US, made as part of The American Scene film series

Original theatrical trailer

Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials

New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Glenn Kenny, an extract from Joseph von Sternberg’s autobiography, archival interviews with von Sternberg, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits

UK premiere on Blu-ray

Limited edition of 3,000 copies for the UK

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th April 2023 12:15 PM

Rouben Mamoulian, 1933)
Release date: 24 July 2023
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK premiere)

Marlene Dietrich (Blonde Venus) took a break from her classic run of films with Josef von Sternberg to make The Song of Songs, an atmospheric romantic drama co-starring Brian Aherne (A Bullet Is Waiting) and Lionel Atwill (The Devil Is a Woman).

Peasant girl Lily (Dietrich) moves to Berlin, where she falls in love with sculptor Richard (Aherne), for whom she poses. When Richard gets cold feet, Lily enters into an unhappy marriage with a wealthy Baron (Atwill), but longs to return to her true love.

Ravishingly shot by director Rouben Mamoulian (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde), and co-written by Samuel Hoffenstein (An American Tragedy), The Song of Songs is an exquisite and daring pre-Code melodrama.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

High Definition remaster

Original mono audio

Geoff Andrew on ‘The Song of Songs’ (2023): the writer and critic assesses the film and its place within the career of director Rouben Mamoulian

Lux Radio Theatre: ‘The Song of Songs’ (1937): radio play adaptation of the film’s screenplay, featuring returning cast members Marlene Dietrich and Lionel Atwill, and Douglas Fairbanks Jr

Original theatrical trailer

Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials

New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Rick Burin, archival articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits

UK premiere on Blu-ray

Limited edition of 3,000 copies for the UK