Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Black House Films. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13476-black-house-films.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th November 2017 07:16 PM

ZOMBIE LAKE is his magnum opus!:rockon:

Demoncrat 10th December 2017 08:58 PM

:xmaslol:

For all that I would still have that Redemption BD. For the cover alone. Now that's Exploitation in my book

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd March 2018 04:54 PM

Hilarious-
Iron Rose and Black Magic Rites-Slim Black case
Demoniacs and The Escapees in standard Blue cases
Fascination and Two Orphan Vampires standard clear cases!

Red,yellow and green next guys!:lol:

Justin101 3rd March 2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 568256)
Hilarious-
Iron Rose and Black Magic Rites-Slim Black case
Demoniacs and The Escapees in standard Blue cases
Fascination and Two Orphan Vampires standard clear cases!

Red,yellow and green next guys!:lol:

I hate to be that type of person, but it's stopped me buying the new releases, if you're having spine numbers you need to have uniformity.

Crimson Blade 4th March 2018 12:24 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/23rn5mt.jpghttp://i64.tinypic.com/slo1us.jpghttp://i63.tinypic.com/35am8mq.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2yyqwyt.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2iizyvd.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/95zwgh.jpghttp://i66.tinypic.com/25foodl.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/5wxpix.jpg

Some more upcoming releases..

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th March 2018 12:30 PM

Ooh Bloodsucker.

Finally one that hasn't been released stateside yet.

Demoncrat 4th March 2018 12:53 PM

:lol: beat me to it b_e. Me is a happy turtle at this news :dance:

Look forward to finding them in whatever section HMV deign to put them ... ;):lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th March 2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 568260)
I hate to be that type of person, but it's stopped me buying the new releases, if you're having spine numbers you need to have uniformity.

I just replace them/swap them with black cases anyway.:)

BAKA 4th March 2018 03:03 PM

I'm definitely interested in some of the upcoming releases. I find myself constantly forgetting what is cut and what isn't when I spot these in HMV. And I end up not buying anything. I'll be picking up The Night Of The Hunted and Fascination if they're both in HMV this week. I have Cold Eyes Of Fear pre-ordered, after the US release went OOP (plus it was less than £10).

The line's lack of a consistent aesthetic also winds me up too, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. It's not just the colour of the cases, but the size, the original few releases were thinner cases, so the spines are all different sizes, making it difficult to rehouse either previous or upcoming releases. I think they're trying to give 88 Films a run for their money in tormenting us.

Nostalgic 4th March 2018 04:56 PM

I never really got into Franco/Rollin, have a few random releases though, Zombie Lake, Virgin Among the living Dead, and Revenge in the House of Usher.

I would love if they put the lot out in a box set, as they would actually go quite well together, and I would definately buy if discounted.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 568357)
I never really got into Franco/Rollin, have a few random releases though, Zombie Lake, Virgin Among the living Dead, and Revenge in the House of Usher.

If i'm honest you haven't got into them because all the films you have are shite. Real bottom of the barrel stuff.

Both directors are far better than the output you mentioned.

Demoncrat 4th March 2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 568357)

I would love if they put the lot out in a box set, as they would actually go quite well together, and I would definately buy if discounted.

Lawdy. Ah you meant just these. :laugh: Virgin is an unusual film. As are all his 'horror' films
Learning he was also a jazz musician was a kind of key for me ...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th March 2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 568358)
If i'm honest you haven't got into them because all the films you have are shite. Real bottom of the barrel stuff.

Zombie Lake bottom of the barrel?

Now that is shite!:lol:

Nostalgic 5th March 2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 568358)

Can anybody recommend any (from the Black House range) that are considered their better work? I do want to check some more out, just never got into them when i first started exploring euro horror/banned films back when I was a teenager! :wise:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 568489)
Can anybody recommend any (from the Black House range) that are considered their better work? I do want to check some more out, just never got into them when i first started exploring euro horror/banned films back when I was a teenager! :wise:

Rollin's The Demoniacs, Fascination and The Iron Rose are all very good. But Rollin is an acquired taste. His films are all about the atmosphere and the imagery.

There are a couple of excellent Franco films released by Severin in the UK - Vampyros Lesbos and She Killed in Ecstacy.

Justin101 5th March 2018 10:22 PM

I’m not sure if my perception is completely warped after numerous Franco films but I found The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein to be fantastic and one of my favourites immediately. Recently out on Nucleus Films! On Black House, Bare Breasted Countess is worth checking out too.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 568498)
I’m not sure if my perception is completely warped after numerous Franco films but I found The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein to be fantastic and one of my favourites immediately. Recently out on Nucleus Films! On Black House, Bare Breasted Countess is worth checking out too.

I was looking at Classic Films Direct as i made my small list of recommendations. I never saw Female Vampire. :lol:

Justin101 6th March 2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 568499)
I was looking at Classic Films Direct as i made my small list of recommendations. I never saw Female Vampire. :lol:

It's under the 'Maison Rouge' banner for the more, shall we say, erotic movies :lol:

Crimson Blade 6th March 2018 12:09 PM

Fascination, Living Dead Girl, and Grapes of Death, are Jean Rollin's most accessible films. Although, i have found merit in all of them to be honest.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th March 2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 568524)
Fascination, Living Dead Girl, and Grapes of Death, are Jean Rollin's most accessible films. Although, i have found merit in all of them to be honest.

I'd agree with that.

The Iron Rose still remains my fave though.

Rob4 6th March 2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 568594)
I'd agree with that.

The Iron Rose still remains my fave though.

mine too. as well as being a quite trippy experience, i think it might be my favourite because as well as being beautiful :loveeyes: the lead actress can actually act as well in this one ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th March 2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 568609)
mine too. as well as being a quite trippy experience, i think it might be my favourite because as well as being beautiful :loveeyes: the lead actress can actually act as well in this one ;)

When you say act you really mean drape herself over grave stones.

Rob4 7th March 2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 568625)
When you say act you really mean drape herself over grave stones.

:lol: exactly, she does it with more thespian chops than the average Rollin ingénue

Nostalgic 7th March 2018 06:20 PM

Ok, have noted down the recommendations, thank you! And got Erotic Rites today! Cant wait!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th March 2018 06:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ZOMBIE LAKE-Rollins Magnum Opus!
Franco was supposed to originally direct,but ****ed off!!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th April 2018 08:07 PM

Anyone picked up Lips of Blood yet?

Any reverse sleeve pics?

Susan Foreman 21st April 2019 05:54 AM

'The Devil's Nightmare' Blu-Ray - release date May 13th, available for pre-order at Amazon UK - £18.61

MrBarlow 21st April 2019 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 602054)
'The Devil's Nightmare' Blu-Ray - release date May 13th, available for pre-order at Amazon UK - £18.61

CLASSIC FILMS DIRECT are selling it for £12.99.

Inspector Abberline 18th May 2019 01:56 PM

mondo

2 Attachment(s)
I wonder how it compares with the mondo release..???

Attachment 215045 Attachment 215046

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th May 2019 05:53 PM

I have the Ltd Mondo disc.
It's definitive....;)

Inspector Abberline 18th May 2019 05:56 PM

mondo

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 603642)
I have the Ltd Mondo disc.
It's definitive....;)

Yeah i thought as much....ill have a look in my piggy bank see if there is enough for the Mondo version..:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 603643)
Yeah i thought as much....ill have a look in my piggy bank see if there is enough for the Mondo version..:)

I watched my MM copy last night and thought it looked pretty decent despite the quality warning at the beginning regarding the state of the elements.

If you're interested it's £14.12 delivered from Wow HD at the moment.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 603651)
I watched my MM copy last night and thought it looked pretty decent despite the quality warning at the beginning regarding the state of the elements.

If you're interested it's £14.12 delivered from Wow HD at the moment.

How do you do that?

Change a link to say what ever you want.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 603652)
How do you do that?

Change a link to say what ever you want.

Just high-light the text you want to use as a link and click the 'insert link' button. You can then paste your URL in the pop-up and it wraps it around the text making it 'clickable'.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 603653)
Just high-light the text you want to use as a link and click the 'insert link' button. You can then paste your URL in the pop-up and it wraps it around the text making it 'clickable'.

No, can't fathom that one.

I can insert links okay but no idea how to change the wording whilst still making it the same link.

Price: £14.18

Aah right. Yes i get you now. :thankingyou:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th May 2019 06:38 PM

Anyone bought the BH disc?

I might buy it if it's uncut and has nice reverse artwork! ;)

Any pics please? :thankingyou:

Susan Foreman 4th June 2019 06:17 PM

Just released on Blu-Ray - Jean Rollin's 'Dracula's Fiancée'

"While searching for the earthly remains of Count Dracula, a professor an his young assistant are thrown into a surreal parallel universe of darkness and decay when they encounter supernatural creatures- a jester and his vampire lover, a she-wolf, sorcerers and a sensuous baby-eating ogress! Ultimately, the professor's quest leads him to confrontation with the beautiful but evil Isabelle who has the power to decide his fate!"

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th June 2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 604701)
Just released on Blu-Ray - Jean Rollin's 'Dracula's Fiancée'

"While searching for the earthly remains of Count Dracula, a professor an his young assistant are thrown into a surreal parallel universe of darkness and decay when they encounter supernatural creatures- a jester and his vampire lover, a she-wolf, sorcerers and a sensuous baby-eating ogress! Ultimately, the professor's quest leads him to confrontation with the beautiful but evil Isabelle who has the power to decide his fate!"

Recently picked up the US Redemption BD of this one which also includes (the arguably better) Lost in New York. 'Twas only about £13 shipped from Wow too. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th June 2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 603789)
Anyone bought the BH disc?

I might buy it if it's uncut and has nice reverse artwork! ;)

Any pics please? :thankingyou:

Anyone? :pray:

Mojo 12th June 2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 604803)
Anyone? :pray:

I bought it Reaps. It is uncut and is pretty decent quality wise. The reverse artwork is simply a photo from - er - an early scene between two ladies ;)