Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   UMBRELLA DOWN UNDER (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13752-umbrella-down-under.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th July 2018 06:56 PM

UMBRELLA DOWN UNDER

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 582800)
A really ****ed-up opportunity.

WTF is the point of that?

Classic artwork wasted.:(

Yeah I saw that. Bloody pointless! All they had to do was put the title on the front and spine and that would’ve made it at least useable.

Paul@TheOverlook 20th July 2018 06:57 PM

I'm getting sick of this newly-commissioned artwork - it's really beginnign to look tired and cheap now - some of the those that Arrow and Shout! commission are the WORST.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th July 2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 582802)
I'm getting sick of this newly-commissioned artwork - it's really beginnign to look tired and cheap now - some of the those that Arrow and Shout! commission are the WORST.

I thought it sucked from day one.

Every single one is a complete waste of time. No exceptions!

Paul@TheOverlook 21st July 2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 582819)
I thought it sucked from day one.

Every single one is a complete waste of time. No exceptions!

Rick Melton and Graham Humphries are excellent artists and their work is truly evocative of the era that they're emulating - some of the others are piss poor though - one artist in particular ain't too great at faces and seems to have an uncanny knack of making his subjects look like stroke victims.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 582841)
Rick Melton and Graham Humphries are excellent artists and their work is truly evocative of the era that they're emulating - some of the others are piss poor though - one artist in particular ain't too great at faces and seems to have an uncanny knack of making his subjects look like stroke victims.

I agree about Rick and Graham, i've even bought art from Rick, but i can't say i've ever been impressed by any of Rick's Arrow cover art back in the day, and Graham, i'd prefer to stick to original art such as The Pack.

Most of Scream Factory's art has been embarrassing and Arrow's new renderings are basically messes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st July 2018 11:01 AM

They're a mixed bag for sure. I love Arrow's recent Argento re-release covers and Rick's cover for Macabre was great. I can't think of a Scream Factory cover I've particularly liked... they just seem to be poorly composed floating head montages.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 582845)
They're a mixed bag for sure. I love Arrow's recent Argento re-release covers and Rick's cover for Macabre was great. I can't think of a Scream Factory cover I've particularly liked... they just seem to be poorly composed floating head montages.

They, as with all art is subjective i guess. What one likes another won't. :nod:

I bet most people change their reversible sleeve round to the original art work side as soon as the cellophane comes off though.

Think of the savings made by companies if they'd figured this out. They wouldn't have to pay someone to paint something that wasn't necessary. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st July 2018 05:41 PM

Ah well.
Won't be long before a new German release of Razorback appears.

Susan Foreman 21st July 2018 06:41 PM

My first thought was Snaggletooth

although the Motorhead one is much better!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 582906)

My first thought was Snaggletooth

although the Motorhead one is much better!

Just what i said in post 25 on the thread. Great minds and all that.