Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Optimum / Studio Canal Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1376-optimum-studio-canal-thread.html)

Pete 9th November 2009 06:26 PM

Optimum are releasing Castellari's Eagles Over London and Umberto Lenzi's From Hell to Victory and an Alberto De Martino war epic (who's name escapes me) in 2010.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th November 2009 06:31 PM

Anyone ever email Optimum regarding EXTERMINATOR 2?

Vampix 10th November 2009 12:40 PM

Did you manage to check your Optimum Xtro disc for the missing dialogue scenes yet, reaper? :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th November 2009 08:52 PM

Not yet mate....:(

Splatterdragon73 14th November 2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 47389)
an Alberto De Martino war epic (who's name escapes me) in 2010.

Wouldn't be The Dirty Heroes by any chance?

Nondescript film channel Movies4Men show this vintage war actioner quite regularly.:)

Splatterdragon73 15th November 2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 47394)
Anyone ever email Optimum regarding EXTERMINATOR 2?

The company want to sort out a decent release of the original film first!

The initial U.K. DVD came courtesy of Synergy and at least this edition was in widescreen (albeit non-anamorphic) and featured a trailer. The PQ was the same as the ABUS issue but this U.S. version was featureless so to my mind Synergy's British edition was superior.

I see no reason why Optimum couldn't have ported over the same widescreen transfer and trailer for their DVD.:mmph:

vincenzo 15th November 2009 11:52 AM

The Synergy DVD was cut. At least the Optimum release was the uncut version though the print was pretty lousy.

Pete 15th November 2009 12:29 PM

I dont think the Optimum print is as bad as many make it out to be, its perfectly watchable. Its full frame but no image is missing becuase it's open matte.

Gigantor 15th November 2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 47460)
Did you manage to check your Optimum Xtro disc for the missing dialogue scenes yet, reaper? :)

When I was younger I use to get to rent movies when i was staying the night at my grandmas house.So on time i guess she figured she would rent a movie for me in order to save from waiting for me while I looked at all the movies in the store before picking one,Dont know why but she rented XTRO for me HA
I was ten or 11 at the time.

Vampix 15th November 2009 06:43 PM

The only DVD I've got of The Exterminator is the budget Optimum disc. I haven't watched it properly yet so I didn't know the print quality was supposedly lousy, it only cost me £2.89 so I can't complain. :)