Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Code Red (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1659-code-red.html)

the blob 13th April 2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 335554)
Leon Klimovsky's VNO/Jekyll double feature is available once again.

and gone again.. been out browsing on the phone all day and was waiting to come home and order one. Do you know if it was just some remaining stock left or was this the new batch?

g053584398 13th April 2013 11:18 PM

I believe that there are still a few copies remaining, but it is going to be repressed in any case.

bdc 14th April 2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 335639)
Is it bad that I keep checking the Code Red site for The Face With Two Left Feet at least twice a day?:laugh:

It's part of a new batch of pressings but don't know when it will be ready... ;)

dream demon 14th April 2013 01:24 PM

Had to buy Rituals, didn't I? Jesus Christ, though, £25 for a DVD?!?!? I feel like it's 1998 all over again!!!! :eek:

Seriously, though, how can Scorpion Records, a company who seem to follow the EXACT SAME business model - hell, isn't it even run by Bill's brother? - seem to be so much better at this malarkey than Code Red?

g053584398 14th April 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 335775)
Had to buy Rituals, didn't I? Jesus Christ, though, £25 for a DVD?!?!? I feel like it's 1998 all over again!!!! :eek:

Seriously, though, how can Scorpion Records, a company who seem to follow the EXACT SAME business model - hell, isn't it even run by Bill's brother? - seem to be so much better at this malarkey than Code Red?

I gave in and ordered Rituals as well, although I much preferred picking up Code Red titles at roughly a third of the price that they now go for.

As for your comments regarding Scorpion, you raise good points.

bdc 14th April 2013 03:47 PM

Both brothers have different business models.
For example Scorpion has a distributor (ADA) and Code Red hasn't anymore since Navarre quit distributing dvd's..
Walter did an interview with Rock Pop Shock last year where he mentions the differences. ;)

BAKA 15th April 2013 12:37 PM

Bah, Rituals is gone and he hasn't replied to my e-mail. Hopefully I didn't get my wires crossed and he has my cash and has kept a copy or sent me a copy.

I see he's planning on putting up 4 OOP DVDs a week. Hoping for Weekend Murders. I know someone here got one off Planet Axel not long before his distributor died, so hopefully one of those unopened boxes from them he has will have a few.

BAKA 16th April 2013 03:34 PM

Well he replied, literally as Rituals came through my door. Disappointingly he seems to have misread my e-mail and assumed I was moaning about it not arriving, as he seemed to be lecturing me on UK customs, when all I wanted was confirmation he had the order, as it was not through conventional means. Oh well, I appreciate the effort he went to. I've wanted Rituals for such a long time. One to finally cross off the wants list.

Can't wait to see which 4 he puts up next. I'm wondering if I've missed the boat with Retribution though, it's been out of stock for a while now.

bdc 16th April 2013 06:20 PM

Nice one! :thumb:
Rituals is a classic backwoods horror imho.

bdc 16th April 2013 06:58 PM

Leon Klimovsky's VNO/Jekyll double feature is available once again + more old stock!