Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Code Red (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1659-code-red.html)

bdc 10th October 2011 06:54 PM

Night of the Demon status: "Backordered with supplier. awaiting stock arrival" now at Axel...I was hoping this would ship early but no luck it seems...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 08:32 PM

I've got the same B.

Bill give you any reply mate?

nekromantik 10th October 2011 09:06 PM

no shipment from horrormovieempire either
and not replied to my email as they took payment last week and not shipped.
hope they dont mess me about!

Vampix 11th October 2011 03:01 AM

My copy hasn't been shipped from Movietyme yet either.

bdc 11th October 2011 06:36 PM

Ok...Axel is packing:
Night of the Demon + Vampire at Midnight + Voodoo Dolls/Madonna :woot:

Btw Bill posted this on the CR blog...

"NIGHT OF THE DEMON will have a limited edition reversible cover

CODE RED received a larger number of complaints than usual regarding Maria Kanellis being on the covers and also how they are not reversible. If these complaints had been worded in a more kind or civil manner instead of being nasty, we would've listened to the requests. The NIGHT OF THE DEMON request really bugs me since the majority of kids want the original theatrical poster. After doing reseach, it was confirmed that a theatrical poster was never made for the film. Now we get down to the problem of the reversible cover. Since the majority of requests were made by people who made nasty comments, Code Red has decided to create a reversible cover and exclusively dedicates it to all the people who said nasty things about Maria. Enjoy the other cover! (:"

I just hope it isn't too rude... :lol:
And of course that the pic quality of Night of the Demon is improved upon.
I found a first report (upped it above) but it's validity seems to be questioned as there's reports of the dvd only just being shipped.

bdc 11th October 2011 06:56 PM

Just found this post over at AVManiacs... ;)

"For the most part, I think if Code Red ignored the BS, and did things, without commenting, that would be fine. However, it seems those at Code Red enjoy being silly with the childishness they receive. That's fine, I don't know of many other DVD companies that have done this.
Myself, I don't mind the Maria stuff on the cover. I didn't know who she was until this started. I don't watch wrestling, or much TV, so by her doing this it did make me realize who this person was (Same goes for Katrina). Good marketing on their part, going into this DVD mess. Now I know who these people are, when prior to it, I had no idea. Maria did OK with the Mardi Gras Massacre intro and such. Plus, it's skippable. It was only a 2 minute intro, from what I recall. It didn't bother me. I was actually curious about it.

Most of the poster art is there, on the covers. As for Night of the Demon, as said, there is no poster out there. I prefer to watch the movie, not stare at a DVD or VHS sleeve. If I like the said poster/box art enough, I buy a poster for the film. If I like it even more so, I frame the poster, and hang it. I never cared much for the SWV BASKET CASE DVD and BD covers, but, that never stopped me from buying and enjoying both.
..." (Dick Ringeisen)

nekromantik 11th October 2011 07:50 PM

no shipments from horrormovieempire yet

bdc 11th October 2011 07:58 PM

Just checked and Axel has shipped them all.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th October 2011 10:21 PM

NOTD in a version that's FINALLY watchable has shipped!:clap:

BAKA 11th October 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 189180)
Btw Bill posted this on the CR blog...

"NIGHT OF THE DEMON will have a limited edition reversible cover

CODE RED received a larger number of complaints than usual regarding Maria Kanellis being on the covers and also how they are not reversible. If these complaints had been worded in a more kind or civil manner instead of being nasty, we would've listened to the requests. The NIGHT OF THE DEMON request really bugs me since the majority of kids want the original theatrical poster. After doing reseach, it was confirmed that a theatrical poster was never made for the film. Now we get down to the problem of the reversible cover. Since the majority of requests were made by people who made nasty comments, Code Red has decided to create a reversible cover and exclusively dedicates it to all the people who said nasty things about Maria. Enjoy the other cover! (:"

Why do I get the feeling that the reversible cover will have even more Maria on than the front?