Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Cayman Classic Horror Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/3699-cayman-classic-horror-collection.html)

wongfeihung62 4th November 2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masdawg (Post 111086)
I'm trying to collect the whole 20 and still need to get my hands on the following 5:
AMB3991 - Plan 9 From Outer Space
AMB3995 - The Thing From Another World
AMB4026 - The Fatal Hour
AMB4027 - Invisible Ghost
AMB4029 - Screaming Skull

Anybody able to help me out, before this collection dissapears from Poundland?

Also, if anyone can get a hold of any of the recalled ones for me, that would be great :thumb::
(so far the list is):
(all recalled - no certs)
AMB3990 Atom Age Vampire
AMB4011 Horrors of Spider Island
AMB4014 The Monster Maker
AMB4015 The monster Walks
AMB4016 The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues

Any help is much appreciated!! :thumb:

I have Plan 9 & Screaming skull if you want them £1.00 each plus postage costs. Or if you have anything you want to swap?

masdawg 4th November 2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 (Post 111088)
I have Plan 9 & Screaming skull if you want them £1.00 each plus postage costs. Or if you have anything you want to swap?

PM'd :thumb:

Pete 4th November 2010 04:18 PM

I'll have a look for the others tomorrow. :)

masdawg 4th November 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 111091)
I'll have a look for the others tomorrow. :)

Cheers mate :thumb:

the blob 4th November 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to collect the whole 20 and still need to get my hands on the following 5:
AMB4026 - The Fatal Hour

Also, if anyone can get a hold of any of the recalled ones for me, that would be great :thumb::
(so far the list is):
AMB3990 Atom Age Vampire

I'm just about to head back to the UK so I'll be checking some of them out from Saturday onwards. I've got the first 5 waiting for me i think so I'll try and go through them first and see if they're keepers if you can hold on for that long. :)

masdawg 4th November 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 111095)
I'm just about to head back to the UK so I'll be checking some of them out from Saturday onwards. I've got the first 5 waiting for me i think so I'll try and go through them first and see if they're keepers if you can hold on for that long. :)

Yeah, for sure mate! Just thought I'd post this up as I'm not sure how long some titles will stay around for now. I may be heading back into my nearest Poundland (Wrexham) on Saturday as well, so I'll see how I go myself there. Just thought I would post now to get some help.
I know some of the picture quality is terrible (well, actually, while I have not watched any of them all thye way through yet, I have checked quality, to see if they all work fine, etc. and there only seem to be a few which are terrible.) and I know they are public domain and readily available for free online, but seeing as I now have 15 of them, it would be nice to finish off the collection while they are available :nod:

RedEyeTheCylon 4th November 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

AMB4026 - The Fatal Hour

(so far the list is):
AMB3990 Atom Age Vampire

I'm pretty sure my local still has a few copies of The Invisible Ghost left, I'll double check tomorrow

DVD Trash 5th November 2010 06:56 PM

Got a spare Doomed to Die, if anyone wants it? Let me know!

the blob 5th November 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masdawg (Post 111102)
Yeah, for sure mate! Just thought I'd post this up as I'm not sure how long some titles will stay around for now. I may be heading back into my nearest Poundland (Wrexham) on Saturday as well, so I'll see how I go myself there. Just thought I would post now to get some help.
I know some of the picture quality is terrible (well, actually, while I have not watched any of them all thye way through yet, I have checked quality, to see if they all work fine, etc. and there only seem to be a few which are terrible.) and I know they are public domain and readily available for free online, but seeing as I now have 15 of them, it would be nice to finish off the collection while they are available :nod:

Just checked some and they're all yours if you want them. :)

Plan 9 print is pretty decent actually. Invisible Ghost not too bad. Didn't open The Thing as my dad went on a frenzy and I already have the R1 which is more than good enough for me. Fatal Hour is still sealed because I'm not too keen on Mr Wong, haha. Don't think there really is a good version of Screaming Skull anyway so this print isn't miles behind anything else.

masdawg 6th November 2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 111288)
Just checked some and they're all yours if you want them. :)

PM'd :thumb:

DVD Trash 6th November 2010 06:04 PM

I've exhausted my local Poundlands so if anyone has seen:

AMB3989 - The Bat
AMB3992 - House on Haunted Hill
AMB4007 - The Little Shop of Horrors
AMB4012 - The Terror
AMB4013 - White Zombie
AMB4017 - Indestructible Man

and they are willing to pick them up for me and post, I'd appreciate it!

Also I have a spare Doomed to Die if anyone needs it!

the blob 6th November 2010 07:02 PM

I feel like a crack dealer... :lol:

I can definitely help with Plan 9 and House on Haunted Hill. Invisible Ghost looks like it's gone and I've got to check through some of the others. I'll try and go through them tonight.

DVD Trash 7th November 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 111393)
I feel like a crack dealer... :lol:

I can definitely help with Plan 9 and House on Haunted Hill. Invisible Ghost looks like it's gone and I've got to check through some of the others. I'll try and go through them tonight.

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

the blob 7th November 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 111491)

I'll put those two aside. :)

Didn't get a chance last night in the end but I'll definitely go through them today at some point and let you know asap..

masdawg 7th November 2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

AMB4026 - The Fatal Hour

(so far the list is):
AMB3990 Atom Age Vampire

Just an update: The first 5 (Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Thing From Another World, The Fatal Hour, Invisible Ghost, Screaming Skull) are now taken care of (cheers wongfeihung62 and the blob :thumb:)

Would still appreciate it if everyone can keep their eyes out for any of the recalled ones, but if I end up getting my hands on any of those this late I'll just count it as a bonus!

the blob 8th November 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 111491)

Got through checking them finally and these are the one I'm letting go:

AMB3992 - House on Haunted Hill
AMB4007 - The Little Shop of Horrors
AMB4012 - The Terror
AMB4013 - White Zombie
AMB4017 - Indestructible Man

Good print of White Zombie. Looks like the Roan print but my dad accidentally bought two copies so I get to keep it for the original poster art. :)

Send me a PM if you still want them and we'll get it sorted!

Mojo 9th November 2010 07:23 PM

The Horrors Of Spider Island has now been classified ( 12 ) by the BBFC, so it should be available soon.

Littlevil 17th November 2010 02:36 AM

I was quite lucky really as I found the first 15 in my local then on a day trip to Blackpool found the other 5. My local still has quite a few so if anyone still needs any Id be happy to take a look and pick them up for you.

gag 17th November 2010 07:54 AM

I look in my poumd land nxt time im in town see what they have
TO be honest i havent bought any and im not that botherd to be truthfull

Inspector Tanzi 17th November 2010 10:27 AM

I'm still on the hunt for an Atom Age Vampire.

Gojirosan 17th November 2010 11:35 AM

If anyone needs a copy of The Thing From Another World, let me know. I've just ordered the Universal Classic Sci-Fi boxset and don't need two copies.

grumpyoldgit 10th September 2011 09:01 AM

Halloween 2011

I heard a rumour that Poundland were stocking up for Halloween 2011 but when I visited my local branch yesterday there was no sign of any horror DVDs. Has anyone else visited their store?

antmumford 10th September 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit (Post 180030)
I heard a rumour that Poundland were stocking up for Halloween 2011 but when I visited my local branch yesterday there was no sign of any horror DVDs. Has anyone else visited their store?

I'll be heading to my local in a bit to see if there's any goodies, will let you know if anything interesting turns up

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

RedEyeTheCylon 10th January 2012 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know that these are long gone from Poundland now, but if there's anyone out there who is still interested in completing their collection of these, there's an eBay seller who has plenty of copies of two of the rarer titles, Phantom From 10 000 Leagues and Atom Age Vampire, for only £1.49 and 99p respectively (and that includes 1st class p & p). He also has quite a few of the others
New Sealed Lorraine Kelly Walk off the Pounds DVD items in XS Items Outlet store on eBay!

antmumford 10th January 2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 208539)
I know that these are long gone from Poundland now, but if there's anyone out there who is still interested in completing their collection of these, there's an eBay seller who has plenty of copies of two of the rarer titles, Phantom From 10 000 Leagues and Atom Age Vampire, for only £1.49 and 99p respectively (and that includes 1st class p & p). He also has quite a few of the others
New Sealed Lorraine Kelly Walk off the Pounds DVD items in XS Items Outlet store on eBay!

And there's me thinking I had them all...

Did you know they were the Cayman ones or did you just happen to buy them from him and found out when they arrived?

Does he have any other rare Caymans?

Questions questions questions :lol:

RedEyeTheCylon 10th January 2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 208571)
And there's me thinking I had them all...

Did you know they were the Cayman ones or did you just happen to buy them from him and found out when they arrived?

Does he have any other rare Caymans?

Questions questions questions :lol:

I didn't know that they were from the Cayman collection until they arrived today as the auctions are using stock photos. I've checked through all the DVDs he has listed and unfortunately, there are none of the other rarer Caymans. It might be worth keeping an eye on him though as there's a chance he might list some more in the future

antmumford 10th January 2012 06:46 PM

Ok mate, I'll buy them both now then as I haven't got those ones :)

JunkMonkey 13th January 2012 08:31 AM

Just to warn you, The Phantom From 10 000 Leagues is a very dull film.

antmumford 13th January 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkMonkey (Post 208982)
Just to warn you, The Phantom From 10 000 Leagues is a very dull film.

I'm sure many of the collection are dull but once I start collecting I just can't stop, regardless of the film :crazy:

RedEyeTheCylon 15th January 2012 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On the inside sleeve of Atom Age Vampire. there's quite a nice looking checklist which shows all of the films that are part of the colllection:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2012 03:05 PM

Do any of them have a decent print?

antmumford 15th January 2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 209598)
On the inside sleeve of Atom Age Vampire. there's quite a nice looking checklist which shows all of the films that are part of the colllection:

Good find mate, gonna check in a minute to see what I'm missing, will give me some more fun hunting down any rare and non certificated ones

RedEyeTheCylon 15th January 2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 209606)
Do any of them have a decent print?

Out of the ones I've watched, Attack of the Crab Monsters, The Indestructible Man, The House on Haunted Hill and Fiend Without a Face are all pretty good quality. One to definately avoid is The Giant Leeches, the picture quality is so bad it's virtually unwatchable.

VicDakin 15th January 2012 03:33 PM

fiend without a face

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 209613)
Out of the ones I've watched, Attack of the Crab Monsters, The Indestructible Man, The House on Haunted Hill and Fiend Without a Face are all pretty good quality. One to definately avoid is The Giant Leeches, the picture quality is so bad it's virtually unwatchable.

glad to hear fiend without a face is ok,just picked this one up :)

plasterface 16th January 2012 05:34 PM

rare

phantom...,spider-island and monster maker have yet to turn up in my local branches

VicDakin 18th January 2012 05:10 PM

Fiend Without a Face (1958)

10 Attachment(s)
Heres some screen grabs from the Fiend Without a Face (1958) disc,not to bad for £1 i think.

fish 22nd June 2012 12:02 AM

the whole collection

then click feature film on archive media publishing dot com and special interest it doesn't say if a few have been recalled but at least you will get the full list to track down as i intend to on this pdf is the rest of the catalog i found a cult sci-fi collection that might get too because a sets a set but check it out for the full list :rockon:

RedEyeTheCylon 22nd June 2012 12:56 AM

Thanks for that. Those Cult Sci-fi Classic DVDs look very interesting, hopefully they'll appear in Poundland in the near future.