Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:28 PM

"Is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y&t

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:29 PM

As long as it takes Nos.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 519057)
Not familiar with that expression? Suggests that 'hope' is often futile.

My tumbler's half full mate...;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 519059)
As long as it takes Nos.

I better put the coffee on then!

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 519061)
I better put the coffee on then!

It's pretty much done. Nothing more to be said.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:32 PM

Two sugars and milk mate.:happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 519045)
Yes but you won hands down. :nod:

There's still the argument about not buying anything but bd's if you wish?

There are no winners and losers... just opinions. :nod:

I personally don't agree with sticking to just one format as that can limit you and potentially you could miss out on some great films if you play the waiting game. However, for me, it's hard to afford everything that gets released over multiple formats most of the time and I often prioritise Blu (especially LE releases) over everything else, which as a consequence get shoved onto the sprawling 'wish-list'. As others have alluded to there's always the potential for some of these films to make it onto HD eventually so it's very easy and very tempting to play the waiting game - especially as there's so much else available to buy and watch anyway already on Blu... at least for me, and I have been and am constantly guilty of doing this. I could easily reel off about 20 films off the top of my head now that I haven't bought on DVD in the hope that they get a BD release.

From a personal perspective 99% of my buying will be BD but that won't stop me from picking up a DVD if I can't foresee a HD release anytime soon and it's something that I really want to watch. I also buy a load of classic TV stuff from companies like Network on DVD as the chances of it ever appearing in HD is slim to none. I probably still own as many DVDs as BDs but I probably buy about 10 DVDs a year now (predominately TV) compared to a couple of hundred Blus.

Rik 27th January 2017 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 186325

:D

J Harker 27th January 2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 519067)
There are no winners and losers... just opinions. :nod:

I personally don't agree with sticking to just one format as that can limit you and potentially you could miss out on some great films if you play the waiting game. However, for me, it's hard to afford everything that gets released over multiple formats most of the time and I often prioritise Blu (especially LE releases) over everything else, which as a consequence get shoved onto the sprawling 'wish-list'. As others have alluded to there's always the potential for some of these films to make it onto HD eventually so it's very easy and very tempting to play the waiting game - especially as there's so much else available to buy and watch anyway already on Blu... at least for me, and I have been and am constantly guilty of doing this. I could easily reel off about 20 films off the top of my head now that I haven't bought on DVD in the hope that they get a BD release.

From a personal perspective 99% of my buying will be BD but that won't stop me from picking up a DVD if I can't foresee a HD release anytime soon and it's something that I really want to watch. I also buy a load of classic TV stuff from companies like Network on DVD as the chances of it ever appearing in HD is slim to none. I probably still own as many DVDs as BDs but I probably buy about 10 DVDs a year now (predominately TV) compared to a couple of hundred Blus.

My thought = this. Pretty much.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2017 09:49 PM

Anyone watched Alfredo Garcia yet?