Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th May 2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 533520)
Here's the two images used for the reverse on the new Phenomena set.

Strangely,the backs of the covers are completely blank.:confused:

The back cover of one of mine isn't completely blank [emoji57]

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th May 2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 533523)
The back cover of one of mine isn't completely blank [emoji57]

Barring a picture of the moon....

No wording I meant.;)

J Harker 14th May 2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 533174)
I agree, with that number of copies available you could say that all discs are 'limited'.
I can't imagine that a standard run from the likes of Severin or 88 Films is anywhere near 10k the only difference being that when it goes OOP Arrow can't legally make any more, where as those smaller labels with none limited runs can make as many as they need to for the demand.

I meant to bring this up days ago and completely forgot. Why can't Arrow legally make any more when it goes oop? What happened with Hellgate and Hell Comes to Frogtown then?

platostotal 14th May 2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 533585)
I meant to bring this up days ago and completely forgot. Why can't Arrow legally make any more when it goes oop? What happened with Hellgate and Hell Comes to Frogtown then?

I would hazard a guess that Arrow 'test the water' by paying less to the rights owner for a small run, but with Frogtown they would see that sales went okay and paid more for a full on release or maybe they have an option after a limited run to release more on the same terms, but who knows with Arrow nowadays.

(I'm sure I saw a Frogtown dvd in HMV too, it was in the 2 for £10 deal so not exactly oop eh?) :lol::lol:

fuzzymctiger 15th May 2017 12:12 AM

Frogtown and Hellgate were originally set to be Arrowdrome titles, then Arrow reconsidered cause they feel there'd be audience enough for a blu Ray, but were only confident enough to release 1000, which sold relatively fast but not super fast.

It's been much requested over the years so I'm assuming when they did their next deal with Lakeshore(?) they would have re requested the rights for these two as well

Susan Foreman 15th May 2017 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 533608)
(I'm sure I saw a Frogtown dvd in HMV too, it was in the 2 for £10 deal so not exactly oop eh?) :lol::lol:

Both 'Hellgate' and 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' were originally released as duel versions in 2014, both as very limited edition runs (1,000 [one thousand] copies apiece)

These quickly sold out, and the titles became almost impossible to find, unless you were prepared to pay highly inflated prices at CEX or on e-bay

Both titles were then re-released in 2016 in identical versions, albeit without the DVD copies and insert booklets. It's probably that it is one of these versions in the HMV sale

keirarts 15th May 2017 09:06 AM

Ordered Dont torture a duckling and The slayer.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 533655)
Both 'Hellgate' and 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' were originally released as duel versions in 2014, both as very limited edition runs (1,000 [one thousand] copies apiece)

These quickly sold out, and the titles became almost impossible to find, unless you were prepared to pay highly inflated prices at CEX or on e-bay

Both titles were then re-released in 2016 in identical versions, albeit without the DVD copies and insert booklets. It's probably that it is one of these versions in the HMV sale

No they were released on dvd as well. March 6th this year.

Susan Foreman 15th May 2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 533682)
No they were released on dvd as well. March 6th this year.

OK - my mistake

Susan Foreman 15th May 2017 11:22 AM

The Climber | Blu-Ray Review | Film @ The Digital Fix

Film 8.0
Video 8.0
Audio 7.0
Extras 7.0