Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

g053584398 1st October 2019 08:13 PM

The Six Gothic Tales, Female Prisoner Scorpion and Sartana box sets are pretty good value for £25 each.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd October 2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 612220)
It a week today I believe, some who bought from the Arrow store have had theirs!

Yeah, my copy arrived from Arrow the other day.

WowBobWow 3rd October 2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612252)
Another Poundland special.

To be fair, the current Blu is one of the worst ever put on disc, it desperately needs an upgrade. Very underrated film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd October 2019 09:37 PM

:nod:
GREAT film.
I'll stick with my Criterion disc though....

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th October 2019 06:42 PM

We knew Arrow were releasing Ace Ventura, but I see the BBFC site now has an Arrow release of the 2nd movie as well. Now I like both films, but come on, can we have some other Morgan Creek titles like BAD MOON, THE CRUSH, or even YOUNG GUNS II?

Rik 4th October 2019 06:48 PM

I like both films, but seeing as they’re on TV all the time, I’ve never seen the need to own them. Young Gun II is a totally different matter, day 1 for me if they put that out! :nod:

Graveyard 4th October 2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 612298)
The Six Gothic Tales, Female Prisoner Scorpion and Sartana box sets are pretty good value for £25 each.

Sartana & Gothic seems a good idea to buy, when you see them at ebay for £200.. :pound::pound:

g053584398 4th October 2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 612547)
We knew Arrow were releasing Ace Ventura, but I see the BBFC site now has an Arrow release of the 2nd movie as well. Now I like both films, but come on, can we have some other Morgan Creek titles like BAD MOON, THE CRUSH, or even YOUNG GUNS II?

Arrow are releasing Ace Ventura? Please tell me this is a joke...

There are so many wild and wonderful films out there, many of them without English-friendly Blu-ray releases, and yet they are releasing films as mainstream as that?

Rob4 4th October 2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 612560)
Arrow are releasing Ace Ventura? Please tell me this is a joke...

There are so many wild and wonderful films out there, many of them without English-friendly Blu-ray releases, and yet they are releasing films as mainstream as that?

totally understand your point of view, but many of the titles you and I might be interested in are not likely to be big sellers, so if Arrow want to throw in some mainstream titles to broaden their commercial base is fine by me as long as they don't lose sight of the cult fanbase that made them successful in the first place.

g053584398 4th October 2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 612570)
totally understand your point of view, but many of the titles you and I might be interested in are not likely to be big sellers, so if Arrow want to throw in some mainstream titles to broaden their commercial base is fine by me as long as they don't lose sight of the cult fanbase that made them successful in the first place.

The people who own Arrow are in business to make a profit and I completely support that, which is why I can understand titles such as Waterworld and Robocop being given releases, but Ace Ventura? I feel that a title like that doesn't fit in well with the label at all, but that is just my opinion.

Having said all that, if they continue to release lots of titles that I'm not interested in it will save me money; so there is always a positive aspect.