Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nostalgic 3rd October 2020 09:03 PM

Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate, Lady Snowblood (I know QT influence but so slow!!!!), and I sold most DePalma titles to cex.

Looking forward to Tremors, ven though the wife's already said "You've already got it on dvd, DON'T buy it again!!!!" (Too late, bought with giftcard from amazon, it's done!)

Who else basically covers up their addiction to their partner? Hope it's not just me!

Love to all at Cult Labs!

will graham 3rd October 2020 09:25 PM

Hmm regret many of the unknown slasher films over the last couple of years. Really dont know what people see in white of the eye so got rid of that. I too also regret getting hellgate until I made a £5 profit on it.

J Harker 3rd October 2020 09:48 PM

Can't really say i have any Arrow regrets. Maybe taking a chance on Walerian Bollockywollockz The Strange Case of DrJekyll and Sharon Osbourne or whatever its called. Personally i like Hellgate. Rather regret watching Hell Comes to Frogtown for free on netflix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 3rd October 2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 636831)
Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate, Lady Snowblood (I know QT influence but so slow!!!!), and I sold most DePalma titles to cex.

Looking forward to Tremors, ven though the wife's already said "You've already got it on dvd, DON'T buy it again!!!!" (Too late, bought with giftcard from amazon, it's done!)

Who else basically covers up their addiction to their partner? Hope it's not just me!

It ain't just you that covers up the addiction to buying, Angie once had me on a buying ban for three months even checking my work bag, even now she doesn't know about some of the stuff I have bought recently.

Nostalgic 3rd October 2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 636836)
It ain't just you that covers up the addiction to buying, Angie once had me on a buying ban for three months even checking my work bag, even now she doesn't know about some of the stuff I have bought recently.

I've ordered lots of single discs in the Fox Film Noir range & the Mrs is working from home... oh dear!

On top of that the Friday the 13th & Dawn of the Dead sets are bound to be noticed in the coming months......:behindsofa:

Let's just say a dvd addiction is better than other things i could be hooked on!

will graham 3rd October 2020 10:21 PM

Damn u guys make me glad I'm single.........erm anyone got any sisters?

MrBarlow 3rd October 2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will graham (Post 636838)
Damn u guys make me glad I'm single.........erm anyone got any sisters?

I do but she is very temperamental....50% temeper, 50% Mental :lol:

Susan Foreman 4th October 2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 636837)
Let's just say a dvd addiction is better than other things i could be hooked on!

Absolutely

I'm addicted to prawn cocktail flavoured crisps!

Rob4 4th October 2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 636831)
Lots of stuff I just don't rate, Hellgate....

Coincidentally, Hellgate had worked its way to the top of my 'to watch' pile last night and I resisted the urge to put it to the bottom again :lol: Regrets? You betcha, what a turd of a movie! Normally, watching a movie late on a Saturday I'll have a couple of whiskies. By the end of this movie I think I'd drank half a bottle and it didn't improve it :nono: Officially now the worst in my Arrow collection.

My missus and I keep our own separate accounts besides our household accounts so she doesn't really know how much I spend and doesn't ask. I think I'm pretty sensible though, buying most stuff in sales. I supplement the purchase of LE's with some ebay trading and I often get her to buy me an LE for birthday and Xmas. Buying LEs is the worst part of the addiction as there are so many I want, even on a decent income I can't keep up. That's why I don't get it when you get comments like 'Arrow are not what they used to be'. Personally, I need Arrow and the rest of them to be crapper to save me from myself :scared:

EDIT: A quick tip for getting more money for your collection. Do you ever get giftcards for birthday and xmas, like say M&S, and you just wish it could have been an Amazon one so you could add a disc to your collection? My in laws do it all the time, so I trade them at Cardyard for a percentage of the value which is paid into my Paypal account. I Recently traded a £60 one for £48.50 which I thought was a good return to be able to buy something I actually wanted.
https://www.cardyard.co.uk/

Dave 4th October 2020 01:25 PM

Hellgate is definitely up there with Troll 2 on the ‘so bad it’s good’ scale. It has good comedic value when watching with friends. Everything is just wrong [emoji1787]