Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

J Harker 25th November 2014 10:27 AM

So new announcements all done.
Thoughts?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th November 2014 10:29 AM

A lot of predictable stuff there, but it's interesting to see The Killing/Killer's Kiss and The Manchurian Candidate announced.

J Harker 25th November 2014 10:31 AM

I think they are the only two previously unexpected titles. I'll pick up The Killing.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th November 2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 426443)
I think they are the only two previously unexpected titles. I'll pick up The Killing.

I have the Criterion so will probably pass on that one, but I'll certainly be in for the Corman/Poe films, Manchurian, Rabid, and Thief.

Rik 25th November 2014 10:36 AM

I'll get the Corman/Poe's and Rabid providing it's uncut, that's about it for me

J Harker 25th November 2014 10:37 AM

Were the Corman/Poe's coming as steelbooks I'd be torn, given I've already bought the Usher and Pendulum ones. As is I'm hoping i can afford the Six Gothic Tales set before they all go.
Would have been nice to see some more unexpected titles though or some sign of Nightmare City.

Rik 25th November 2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 426446)
Were the Corman/Poe's coming as steelbooks I'd be torn, given I've already bought the Usher and Pendulum ones. As is I'm hoping i can afford the Six Gothic Tales set before they all go.
Would have been nice to see some more unexpected titles though or some sign of Nightmare City.

Yeah, was kinda hoping for an announcement of Nightmare City too.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th November 2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 426447)
Yeah, was kinda hoping for an announcement of Nightmare City too.

I could be wrong, but I think they've scrapped that for now based on the quality of the master. The US Raro release is supposed to look awful.

Rik 25th November 2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 426449)
I could be wrong, but I think they've scrapped that for now based on the quality of the master. The US Raro release is supposed to look awful.

Ah right, wasn't aware of this

J Harker 25th November 2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 426449)

I suspect it's going to get cancelled due to their new US expansion. There's already a US release and seeing as they're only going to be releasing stuff they can get the rights too on both sides of the atlantic i reckon they've run into complications. Given it was first unofficially announced via postcard ages ago and still there's nothing further being said. That said i could well be wrong (usually are) and someone will likely correct me shortly.