Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th December 2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 429134)
Cult films aren't just horror films, some are wildly popular films but still have cult followings. Just look at the loons who dress up as nuns for sing-a-long showing of "The Sound of Music".

I prefer buying a brown shaggy haired toilet seat cover from Argos and dressing up as the yeti from Night of the Demon....still cult though eh? :psychosanta:

Make Them Die Slowly 20th December 2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 429137)
I prefer buying a brown shaggy haired toilet seat cover from Argos and dressing up as the yeti from Night of the Demon....still cult though eh? :psychosanta:

Haha, but when I think about it, I bet you have.:xmaslol:

Michael Brooke 20th December 2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 429132)
But it does seem whenever it is suggested Arrow have moved away from cult movies and towards the mainstream someone wheels Borowczyk out. With respect to the guy and his films i can't be the only one who isn't the least bit interested?

I "wheel Borowczyk out" because one of his films (and arguably his cultiest unreleased title) is my current project, and it's one of the best examples of what I very much hope Arrow will be doing more of - which is going back to 35mm basics to create absolutely definitive editions by maintaining complete control over every element.

Even if you're not interested in his films specifically, surely you can see the wider picture here? Borowczyk certainly won't be the only beneficiary of Arrow's restoration strategy, and I very much hope there'll be similarly ambitious attempts at reviving entire reputations (as opposed to one-off films) over the next few years - which the wholly unexpected success of the Borowczyk releases have made more likely.

Antropophagus 20th December 2014 01:59 PM

And I prefer some news from Arrow like this one from Grindhouse:

http://i61.tinypic.com/xapidl.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th December 2014 01:59 PM

You'd win that bet......:happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th December 2014 02:00 PM

Hmm a Pieces Blu Ray.Nice!

One of the best slasher flicks ever made!

Antropophagus 20th December 2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 429140)
I "wheel Borowczyk out" because one of his films (and arguably his cultiest unreleased title) is my current project, and it's one of the best examples of what I very much hope Arrow will be doing more of - which is going back to 35mm basics to create absolutely definitive editions by maintaining complete control over every element.

Even if you're not interested in his films specifically, surely you can see the wider picture here? Borowczyk certainly won't be the only beneficiary of Arrow's restoration strategy, and I very much hope there'll be similarly ambitious attempts at reviving entire reputations (as opposed to one-off films) over the next few years - which the wholly unexpected success of the Borowczyk releases have made more likely.

Are you involved in restoring Milano Calibro 9?

Michael Brooke 20th December 2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 429144)
Are you involved in restoring Milano Calibro 9?

No - sorry!

J Harker 20th December 2014 02:13 PM

Its all subjective though isn't it at the end of the day.
Say hyperthetically i was Arrows one and only customer. And they said we are going to put out exclusive restorations of The Burbs and Withnail and I. Packed with features. I'd be chuffed. I was in fact. They tell me to bare with them, there'll be more culty niche stuff coming but for now we need to make some serious money on these bigger more mainstream titles. I say yeah great. Then they plough said profits into Borowczyk and Nekromantik.
I'm disappointed because i don't care about this stuff and feel its a waste of money that i would rather them spend on say a Blind Dead Collection or a Phantasm Boxset or a few John Carpenter titles.
And every one of us will feel different about what they do and don't release.

J Harker 20th December 2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 429145)
No - sorry!

Nightmare City?