Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Screenbound Pictures / Odeon Entertainment (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6773-screenbound-pictures-odeon-entertainment.html)

Gojirosan 7th July 2012 10:58 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but just to point out that Odeon's release of Satan In High Heels is a direct port of the Something Weird version, and includes the extra films and trailers. The sleeve isn't clear about his, with the extra films listed as "Trailers include:"

You can usually get it cheaper and it's a pressed DVD, not DVD-R, I believe the current SW release is a burn on demand job.

stefanmetal 7th July 2012 11:39 AM

Just bought The Flesh and Blood Show.

Pete 7th July 2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 255786)
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but just to point out that Odeon's release of Satan In High Heels is a direct port of the Something Weird version, and includes the extra films and trailers. The sleeve isn't clear about his, with the extra films listed as "Trailers include:"

You can usually get it cheaper and it's a pressed DVD, not DVD-R, I believe the current SW release is a burn on demand job.

Yea, Odeon released a whole load of SW titles years ago. Among them the BLOOD TRILOGY, SHE FREAK/ A TASTE OF BLOOD, THE CURIOUS DR HUMPP, AMAZING TRANSPLANT (which the bbfc cut by 12mins!).

Gojirosan 7th July 2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 255824)
Yea, Odeon released a whole load of SW titles years ago. Among them the BLOOD TRILOGY, SHE FREAK/ A TASTE OF BLOOD, THE CURIOUS DR HUMPP, AMAZING TRANSPLANT (which the bbfc cut by 12mins!).

Was the sleeve info similarly vague on them all?

Pete 7th July 2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 255825)
Was the sleeve info similarly vague on them all?

Not sure - the only ones I had came free with DVD World Mag and they had new covers which, from what I remember, didn't say a thing about the extras. No idea what the store versions were like.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 255125)
Also on the 16th of July and far more exciting to me anyway:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Nobody seems to own the marvellous Val Lewton box set that WB released a few years ago Stateside.

The Leopard Man has a great commentary from William Friedkin. Its possible Odeon's could be a direct port.

sawyer6 7th July 2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 255895)
Nobody seems to own the marvellous Val Lewton box set that WB released a few years ago Stateside.

The Leopard Man has a great commentary from William Friedkin. Its possible Odeon's could be a direct port.

I wished for a Val Lewton region 2 box set for years,I hope Odeon will release the rest too!

the blob 7th July 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 255895)

I've had it since release. Was perusing it again the other day and it's always a hard choice which one to pick and watch. Ended up with Isle of the Dead.

The annoying thing is that they went and reissued it with that Lewton doc which I wouldn't mind.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 255902)
I wished for a Val Lewton region 2 box set for years,I hope Odeon will release the rest too!

Isle of the Dead, The Body Snatcher and Bedlam are already out from Odeon.

Its a start. :happy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 255904)
I've had it since release. Was perusing it again the other day and it's always a hard choice which one to pick and watch. Ended up with Isle of the Dead.

The annoying thing is that they went and reissued it with that Lewton doc which I wouldn't mind.

Luckily thats the one i have. Scorsese at his best.:happy: