Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

Marc Morris 20th May 2022 01:17 PM

Hopefully we'll have stock available from our website, before it lands in shops.

Marc Morris 24th May 2022 05:10 PM

In stock and now shipping!

Nothing Underneath
Too Beautiful to Die

https://www.nucleusfilms.com/

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2022 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 670974)
In stock and now shipping!

Nothing Underneath
Too Beautiful to Die

https://www.nucleusfilms.com/

Watched both of these today. Fantastic releases. Actually crazy to see what was cut from the original UK release of Too Beautiful to Die.

Wonder if we'll ever see a release of the third film from anyone.

Attachment 240491

MrBarlow 5th June 2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 671422)
Watched both of these today. Fantastic releases. Actually crazy to see what was cut from the original UK release of Too Beautiful to Die.

Wonder if we'll ever see a release of the third film from anyone.

Attachment 240491

You can only hope Stephen

Marc Morris 5th June 2022 05:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the discs :)

I contacted the rights owner of the third film, but I have not heard back.

Marc Morris 8th June 2022 12:45 PM

Blood of the Vampire is now in stock and shipping, direct from the Nucleus Films HQ.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th June 2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 671424)
Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the discs :)

I contacted the rights owner of the third film, but I have not heard back.

That's a shame. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th June 2022 08:37 PM

Watched Too Young to Die last night.
Decent wee thriller.

The bbfc cuts feature was good-damn pathetic what they used to snip eh?:rolleyes:

Rob4 10th June 2022 05:10 PM

Has anyone got a copy of Blood of the Vampire?

I saw an early post on CHFB that the transfer is close to the Shout release rather than the superior Artus release. That would be disappointing as the Shout is a yellow mess!

However, I'm not sure how much better Artus is than the Shout release? I can't find any screenshot comparisons online.

Dave Boy 10th June 2022 05:31 PM

Is the Artus release the full uncut version though?

Rob4 10th June 2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 671676)
Is the Artus release the full uncut version though?

According to DVDCompare it is

Marc Morris 10th June 2022 06:08 PM

The same master was used for all three releases.

Dave Boy 10th June 2022 06:10 PM

Ah, okay. Hopefully I'll have a copy on Monday.

Rob4 10th June 2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 671679)
The same master was used for all three releases.

Hi Marc, thanks for coming back on this. I only mentioned it because the Artus seems to get praised while the Shout gets dissed and I can't find a comparison.

Good to know they are all the same. I'll be getting yours of course... ;)

Marc Morris 11th June 2022 08:28 AM

I compared every Blu-ray, DVD, VHS and TV version of this whilst working on it. I also spoke to the lab who did the new master restoration. It was compiled from two sources, neither of which were in perfect condition.

Marc Morris 11th June 2022 08:34 AM

Reviews of Nothing Underneath and Too Beautiful to Die

Dave Boy 20th June 2022 03:04 PM

I'm very pleased with BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE which I watched last night.
Great to finally see those cut scenes that I used to see only in pictures back in the movie. :thumb:

Marc Morris 20th June 2022 03:06 PM

Don't forget to watch all those extras!

Dave Boy 20th June 2022 03:12 PM

Yes, great extras. I only watched 'Sangster And The Censor' so far so lots to still watch and two audio commentry tracks.
Great package. Nice one Marc.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Craze (1974)

Jack Palance plays antique dealer Neal Mottram who sacrifices women to the statue of African god Chuku in the belief that it will help his ailing finances.

Freddie Francis' horror thriller was something completely new to me the first time i saw it. I had heard the title but knew nothing about the film or if it was any good. Last night was my third viewing and i utterly love it. It drives along at a near break neck pace from the opening sacrifice during the first few minutes to the final showdown with the police.

Palance often seems an actor who balances on the crazy tightrope and he excels here as the batshit bonkers Mottram laughing and gurgling all the way to the bank. The film whilst not OTT horror is very gory in a couple of places with bloody fx work that wouldn't seem out of place in a Fulci film. As well as Palance the film has a cast to die for, in fact i've no idea how a film that's purely exploitation such as this can bring together the likes of Michael Jayston, Diana Dors, Julie Ege, Trevor Howard, Suzy Kendall, David Warbeck and Martin Potter. So no matter what your thoughts on Craze poor acting cannot be leveled at it as the cast relish the script stuffed with one liners such as Jayston's scathing put down of Dors. “One would have to be pretty desperate to sail into that port”

Craze is one of the unheralded British horrors of the seventies and deserves a lot more attention than it currently gets.

g053584398 19th July 2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673497)
Craze (1974)

Jack Palance plays antique dealer Neal Mottram who sacrifices women to the statue of African god Chuku in the belief that it will help his ailing finances.

Freddie Francis' horror thriller was something completely new to me the first time i saw it. I had heard the title but knew nothing about the film or if it was any good. Last night was my third viewing and i utterly love it. It drives along at a near break neck pace from the opening sacrifice during the first few minutes to the final showdown with the police.

Palance often seems an actor who balances on the crazy tightrope and he excels here as the batshit bonkers Mottram laughing and gurgling all the way to the bank. The film whilst not OTT horror is very gory in a couple of places with bloody fx work that wouldn't seem out of place in a Fulci film. As well as Palance the film has a cast to die for, in fact i've no idea how a film that's purely exploitation such as this can bring together the likes of Michael Jayston, Diana Dors, Julie Ege, Trevor Howard, Suzy Kendall, David Warbeck and Martin Potter. So no matter what your thoughts on Craze poor acting cannot be leveled at it as the cast relish the script stuffed with one liners such as Jayston's scathing put down of Dors. “One would have to be pretty desperate to sail into that port”

Craze is one of the unheralded British horrors of the seventies and deserves a lot more attention than it currently gets.

I've had the DVD for years, but I still haven't got around to watching it!

Rob4 19th July 2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673497)
Craze (1974)

Blu? When?

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 673503)
Blu? When?

No, dvd.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 07:27 PM

Time for a bd release Mr Morris!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 673498)
I've had the DVD for years, but I still haven't got around to watching it!

You're missing a treat g0!

Rob4 16th September 2022 10:55 AM

Marc Morris confirmed on Blurage that Nucleus will be releasing Dark Places with Chris Lee.

One of the few CL's I haven't seen and will save on importing the expensive boxset :woot:

Justin101 16th September 2022 10:56 AM

Christopher Lee's 'Dark Places' will be coming to Nucleus Films :) Which I believe was the standout film from the 2nd Severin box set. Marc Morris has confirmed they're working on new extras

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=93

Rob4 16th September 2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 675941)
Christopher Lee's 'Dark Places' will be coming to Nucleus Films :) Which I believe was the standout film from the 2nd Severin box set. Marc Morris has confirmed they're working on new extras

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=93

We must have been reading the same post and thinking the same thing at pretty much the same time :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 675940)
Marc Morris confirmed on Blurage that Nucleus will be releasing Dark Places with Chris Lee.

One of the few CL's I haven't seen and will save on importing the expensive boxset :woot:

Yeah well, he confirmed it here on Cult Labs to me back in July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673465)
In the latest Dark Side it says you have released the 1973 film Dark Places. Is this correct or has Allan let slip a forthcoming release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 673466)
It's a future release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2022 12:57 PM

Well worth a watch.Joan Collins is her usual charming bitch!:lol:

Susan Foreman 11th November 2022 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Dark Places' (1973) - Pre-order available from Amazon UK - £23:17

Release date: February 27

"THERE’S MORE THAN DEATH WAITING FOR YOU IN DARK PLACES

Legendary British stars Christopher Lee (Dracula Prince of Darkness, The Wicker Man, The Man with the Golden Gun), Joan Collins (Tales from the Crypt, The Stud, Dynasty) and Herbert Lom (The Phantom of the Opera, Mark of the Devil, Revenge of the Pink Panther) get together in a grisly tale of hidden loot in a haunted house.

Dr Ian Mandeville and his sister Sarah mean to get their hands on the £200,000 stashed in the derelict Marr’s Grove – only to find that Edward Foster, a stranger to the district, has recently inherited the place. As Edward rapidly succumbs to the influence of the mansion’s long-dead owners, madness and bloody murder ensue…

Directed by Don Sharp (The Kiss of the Vampire, The Face of Fu Manchu, The Thirty Nine Steps), this long-awaited UK Blu-ray premiere has been remastered from original vault elements and is packed with bonus features.

Also starring Jane Birkin (Wonderwall, Seven Deaths in the Cats Eyes, Death On the Nile), Robert Hardy (Berserk, Demons of the Mind, Psychomania) and Jean Marsh (The Twilight Zone, Frenzy, Upstairs Downstairs)…

Dare you enter Marr’s Grove and encounter the evil lurking within?"

Special features:
  • Newly Restored 1.85:1 Transfer from the Original Negatives
  • Optional English and SDH Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
  • Audio Commentary with film critics Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons
  • Audio Commentary with Mondo Digital's Nathaniel Thompson and Troy Howarth, author of "So Deadly, So Perverse" (2022)
  • Looking Into Dark Places and other 1970s British horror films: Jonathan Rigby, Author of English Gothic, on Dark Places and early 1970s British horror films (60 mins)
  • Christopher Lee: The Cadogan Conversations: 2022 interview with Jonathan Rigby, author of "Christopher Lee: The Authorised Screen History” (24 mins)
  • Don Sharp Trailer Reel (37 mins)
  • American Trailer
  • Brazilian Trailer
  • Image Gallery