Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

trebor8273 19th August 2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502003)
The Lewis films are an acquired taste. I think it helps to have grown up with them so to speak.

I'd have spent a couple of quid on one of the many dvd's floating about to see if i liked them first.

Personally i don't rate them at all. 2000 Maniacs is about the best in my opinion. However i haven't seen the whole box set.

The Inspector likes them, i think he sees them as double bills with his Al Adamson collection.

that sounds a good idea, over £100 is bit much on something that has a good chance i might not like

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 502004)
that sounds a good idea, over £100 is bit much on something that has a good chance i might not like

I thought you'd already ordered it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:22 PM

You should join a rental service, treb.

I joined Love Film a few years ago and it's saved me a tonne in respect to disappointing blind buys. There's also Youtube which has a fair amount of obscure and as yet unreleased cult film fodder - a lot of the Lewis films are on there I believe - allowing you to 'try before you buy'.

It's commendable to see that you're almost single-handedly keeping physical media afloat though. ;) :D

trebor8273 19th August 2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502005)
I thought you'd already ordered it.

its preorderd from amazon for £109 i didn't go for the limited box set, which is the same price as the 50th anniversary star trek set but that i know i will enjoy

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:25 PM

Also let's put the record straight right now: Lewis was a maverick; an auteur; a cinematic genius. Don't buy into Dem's anti-Lewis scare tactics! :D

Seriously though, you may want to check out a few of his films before you commit to a purchase, as whilst I enjoy the bulk of his work, he certainly won't be for everyone.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 502006)

It's commendable to see that you're almost single-handedly keeping physical media afloat though. ;) :D

Needed to buy more Metrodome releases it seems!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 502008)
Also let's put the record straight right now: Lewis was a maverick; an auteur; a cinematic genius. Don't buy into Dem's anti-Lewis scare tactics! :D

:laugh: cinematic genius? Wonder if any of his maverick films ever hit cinemas over here or indeed anywhere outside of US drive-ins.

Seriously though, you may want to check out a few of his films before you commit to a purchase, as whilst I enjoy the bulk of his work, he certainly won't be for everyone.

At least you do see a little sense with the second part of the post.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502013)
At least you do see a little sense with the second part of the post.

Me, see sense?! Never! ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:50 PM

Also, going off your recent post in the 'what have you bought' thread, it's nice to see you've taken our advice on-board treb! :tongue1:

;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 502015)
Also, going off your recent post in the 'what have you bought' thread, it's nice to see you've taken our advice on-board treb! :tongue1:

;)

It was you who told him to buy anything and everything was it?