Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 473536)
Only if April Fool's Day was directed by Werner Bertolucci Borowczyk Forman :pound:

:pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th January 2016 11:05 PM

Edge of Sanity good stuff!

Scream Factory know how to keep the cult crowd happy!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th January 2016 07:44 PM

SCREAM FACTORY

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 473242)
Artwork for the April release of Death Becomes Her. This one (like their releases of Psycho 2&3 won't be getting new artwork, apparently a legal issue with creating a likeness of one or more actor (perhaps they wanted a silly amount of cash, or they're just being a dick lol), so the blu will have the vhs art on the front, and the US theatrical poster art on the reverse.

Behold! (Bloody blu-ray case dimensions forcing them to cut off the bottom of the woman's face though) :(

Attachment 174525

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st February 2016 06:36 PM

Coming in May:

http://s17.postimg.org/bfcv25qsf/pro..._B47c4d9bf.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new artwork for Scream's 2 disc Manhunter release. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Attachment 175254

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476411)
The new artwork for Scream's 2 disc Manhunter release. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Attachment 175254

One to flip for sure - it looks like 'The Blob' has got him!

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 476412)
One to flip for sure - it looks like 'The Blob' has got him!

Yeah, theatrical poster on the reverse. I assume they mean this one...

Attachment 175255

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 06:10 PM

To me the Manhunter art is one of those 'kitchen sink' covers that Scream seem to adore. Arrow's recent 5 Dolls release is another, but that's even worse.

I know it's only personal opinion, Bizarre_Eye posted a Mondo Macabro artwork for a film i'd never heard of called Medusa that was one large image and far more striking, and above all eye catching than many of these 'kitchen sink' covers.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 476416)
To me the Manhunter art is one of those 'kitchen sink' covers that Scream seem to adore. Arrow's recent 5 Dolls release is another, but that's even worse.

I know it's only personal opinion, Bizarre_Eye posted a Mondo Macabro artwork for a film i'd never heard of called Medusa that was one large image and far more striking, and above all eye catching than many of these 'kitchen sink' covers.

Yeah I'm not keen on a lot of Scream's covers for the reasons you state too, Dem. It's not even if I'm a big advocate of original poster art, I just find them overly busy with a lot of 'floating head' type stuff going on. I guess it's a good way to sell the film to the uninitiated - it's like pasting a static 'clip show' of the film on the cover.

Plus, a lot of Arrow's covers do leave a lot to be desired, although overall I prefer theirs more often than Scream's.

Luckily, both companies give you the option of flipping them.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd February 2016 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476411)

Attachment 175254

Flip it.
Doddle.****ing doddle!