Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Rob4 9th January 2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618417)
I'm sure you own things like Paul Hyett's excellent Seasoning House or the acclaimed Korean horror The Wailing, the brilliant Dutch zombie film Kill Zombie!, The Windmill Massacre, A Lonely Place to Die, er any of the Sharknado films...

:lol: nah not me Dem. I have over a hundred unwatched blu-rays and another 100+ on my to buy list for films made before 1990. if i do watch anything modern its usually streamed or at the pictures (does anyone say 'pictures' anymore? perhaps i should try to mask my age a bit more... :nono::lol:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 618419)
:lol: nah not me Dem. I have over a hundred unwatched blu-rays and another 100+ on my to buy list for films made before 1990. if i do watch anything modern its usually streamed or at the pictures (does anyone say 'pictures' anymore? perhaps i should try to mask my age a bit more... :nono::lol:)

Seems you are as progressive with what you watch as i am with the hardware i watch it on. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th January 2020 07:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu1cLv5j248

Susan Foreman 13th January 2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 607772)
MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Don’t have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original ’80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine’s Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 615116)
[I]"***MY BLOODY VALENTINE Update***

New extras and specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Dec before the holidays or early Jan) but we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!

***FEATURES REVEAL***

Coming to Blu-ray from Scream Factory on February 11th.

DISC ONE: THEATRICAL VERSION
  • NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
  • NEW An Anemic Valentine – An Interview With Director George Mihalka
  • NEW From The Heart – An Interview With Actor Paul Kelman
  • NEW Friends Of Mine – An Interview With Actress Lori Hallier
  • NEW Axel, Be My Valentine – An Interview With Actor Neil Affleck
  • NEW Becoming Sylvia – An Interview With Actress Helene Udy
  • NEW The Secret Keeper – An Interview With Actor Rob Stein
  • NEW Broken Hearts And Broken Bones – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Designer Tom Burman
  • NEW Holes In The Heart – A Look At The Difference Between The Theatrical Version And The Uncut Version
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Original TV Spots
  • Original Radio Spots
  • Still Gallery

DISC TWO: UNCUT VERSION
  • NEW 4K Scan Of The Uncut Original Camera Negative
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Director George Mihalka
  • MY BLOODY VALENTINE 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion Panel At The Bay Of Blood Convention In Florida Featuring Director George Mihalka, Cast Members Lori Hallier, Helene Udy, Rob Stein, Peter Cowper, Thomas Kovacs, Jim Murchison, Alf Humphreys, And Hosted By Brian Singleton
  • Thomas Kovacs Performs “The Ballad Of Harry Warden” At The Bay Of Blood Convention With Peter Cowper And Jim Murchison

Susan Foreman 13th January 2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 614981)

***FEATURES REVEAL***
Coming to Blu-ray February 18th from Scream Factory!

X...The Unknown!

Bonus Features
  • NEW 2K Scan Of A Fine Grain Film Element
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Film Historian/Filmmaker Ted Newsom
  • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Jimmy Sangster Featurette
  • World Of Hammer: Sci-Fi
  • Theatrical Trailer

Susan Foreman 13th January 2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 614954)
"***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

The legendary Christopher Lee headlines yet another shocker in in the Hammer Films roster: RASPUTIN THE MAD MONK- Coming to Blu-ray in North America for the first time on February 18th!

In Czarist Russia, Rasputin (Lee), a peasant monk, mysteriously demonstrates his healing powers by saving a woman's life and asking only for wine and a Bacchanalian celebration in return. But soon Rasputin uses his evil charm and powers to become increasingly manipulative and violent. Ferocious, devious and other-worldly, this uncouth peasant ingratiates himself bit by bit into the lives of the sophisticated royal class

Extras to be announced on a later date."

***FEATURES REVEAL***
Coming to Blu-ray February 18th from Scream Factory!

Rasputin - The Mad Monk!

Bonus Features
  • Presented In Two Aspect Ratios – 2.35:1 And 2.55:1
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman, Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr, And Filmmaker/Film Historian Ted Newsom
  • Tall Stories: The Making Of Rasputin The Mad Monk
  • Brought To Book: Hammer Novelisations
  • World of Hammer Episodes: COSTUMERS And CHRISTOPHER LEE
  • Audio Commentary With Stars Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Francis Matthews, And Suzan Farmer
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots
  • Still Gallery

Susan Foreman 15th January 2020 05:18 PM

At time of writing, there's a John Carpenter sale at Shout Factory

Susan Foreman 15th January 2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 616437)
"***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Coming to Blu-ray 3/10 from Scream Factory!

In space no one can hear you scream “Inspired by Alien” as we’re giving birth to the wild 1981 sci-fi thriller INSEMINOID (otherwise known as Horror Planet) on Blu-ray on March 10th.

An alien creature has been waiting millions of years for a chance to breed, and its time has finally come when a group of space explorers unwittingly lands on its home planet. The 12-member crew is investigating for possible origins for the planet's vanished civilization. Instead, they awaken the planet's creature and discover that the horror to come is more terrifying than any nightmare that they could ever imagine! Stars Judy Geeson (Berserk, Fear in the Night), Stephanie Beacham (And Now the Screaming Starts, Dynasty) and Victoria Tennant (Flowers in the Attic). From the Director of 1978’s Terror and Bloody New Year.

Extras to be announced on a later date"

Bonus Features
  • NEW A Very English Exploitation: INSEMINOID And The Shock Cinema Of Norman J. Warren – A 90-Minute Documentary On The Films Of Norman J. Warren, Featuring Contributions From Warren, INSEMINOID Star Jennifer Ashley, Visual Effects Artist Jez Harris, Screenwriter And Critic David McGillivray, Author Kim Newman, And Filmmaker Pete Walker
  • NEW Audio Interview With Norman J. Warren
  • Alien Encounter – An Interview With Actor Trevor Thomas
  • Q & A With Producer Richard Gordon and Norman J. Warren (Manchester Festival Of Fantastic Films – 2008)
  • Q & A With Norman J. Warren (Manchester Festival Of Fantastic Films – 2011)
  • Q & A With Norman J. Warren (Manchester Festival Of Fantastic Films – 2019)
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots
  • Still Gallery

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th January 2020 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=Susan Foreman;618738]At time of writing, there's a John Carpenter sale at Shout Factory

I was watching THEY LIVE last Friday night.
It really is one of Carpenter's most underrated movies.
It's great!

Susan Foreman 16th January 2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 616449)

Extra Features
  • NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative Approved By Director Mary Lambert
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Director Mary Lambert
  • NEW Young And Brooding – An Interview With Actor Edward Furlong
  • NEW Playing Over The Top – An Interview With Actor Clancy Brown
  • NEW My First Film – An Interview With Actor Jason McGuire
  • NEW A Thousand Dollar Bet – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Creator Steve Johnson
  • NEW Orchestrated Grunge – An Interview With Composer Mark Governor
  • Original Theatrical Trailer