Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Second Sight Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9849-second-sight-films-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 3rd December 2019 03:51 PM

'Magic' - Blu-Ray pre-order available at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date: March 23rd, 2020

"Shy, failing magician Corky finally finds success with a ventriloquist act featuring a dummy called Fats. With a shot at the big time on the horizon the pressure gets the better of him however and in a panic, he flees the city back to the security of his hometown. When he reunites with an old high school flame, Fats takes on a life of his own with devastating consequences."

Special features:
  • Screenwriting for Dummies: William Goldman interview
  • Archive Anthony Hopkins interview
  • Victor Kemper: Cinematographer
  • Ann-Margret make-up test
  • Fats and Friends: a history of ventriloquism with the film's consultant
  • Anthony Hopkins archive radio interview
  • Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Radio Spots

Nostalgic 3rd December 2019 09:05 PM

Loved magic as a kid! Might have to grab this

Susan Foreman 7th December 2019 08:31 PM

'Asylum' standard edition Blu-Ray - Pre-order from Amazon UK - £14.99

Release date - January 6, 2020

"Iconic 1972 Amicus horror anthology Asylum from Psycho writer Robert Bloch and director Roy Ward Baker (A Night to Remember), follows Doctor Martin (Robert Powell, The Italian Job, The Thirty Nine Steps) as he arrives for a job interview at a secluded asylum for the incurably insane. He must prove himself by listening to the macabre tales of four inmates to determine which is the former head of the asylum who experienced a breakdown. We join him on the investigation of four hair-raising horrors..."

Special Features:
  • 1080p24 MPEG-4 AVC 1.85:1 Widescreen
  • English LPCM 1.0 Mono
  • Optional English HoH Subtitles
  • Audio Commentary with director Roy Ward Baker and camera operator Neil Binney
  • ‘Two’s a Company’: 1972 on-set BBC report featuring interviews with producer Milton Subotsky, Director Roy Ward Baker, Actors Charlotte Rampling, James Villiers, Megs Jenkins, Art Director Tony Curtis and Production Manager Teresa Bolland
  • Screenwriter David J. Schow on writer Robert Bloch
  • Fiona Subotsky remembers Milton Subotsky
  • ‘Inside The Fear Factory’ Featurette with directors Roy Ward Baker, Freddie Francis and producer Max J. Rosenberg
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring new artwork by Graham Humphreys and original artwork

Susan Foreman 7th December 2019 08:34 PM

'The House That Dripped Blood' standard edition Blu-Ray - Pre-order from Amazon UK - £13.99

Release date - January 6, 2020

"A Scotland Yard detective investigates a mysterious mansion with a ghoulish history and a chilling fate for its occupants in these four tales of terror. One of the classic Amicus anthologies written by Psycho author Robert Bloch and starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Ingrid Pitt."

Special Features:
  • 1080p24 MPEG-4 AVC 1.85:1 Widescreen
  • English LPCM 1.0 Mono
  • Optional English HoH subtitles
  • Audio commentary with director Peter Duffell and Author Jonathan Rigby
  • Audio commentary with film historian and author Troy Howarth
  • Interview with second assistant director Mike Higgins
  • ‘A Rated Horror Film’ -Vintage featurette featuring interviews with director Peter Duffell and actors Geoffrey Bayldon, Ingrid Pitt and Chloe Franks
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Amicus Radio Spots
  • Stills Gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring new artwork by Graham Humphreys and original artwork

Rob4 9th January 2020 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Man with the X-Ray Eyes coming from SS

Nostalgic 9th January 2020 07:34 PM

Any word on martin/dawn of the dead?

Rob4 9th January 2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 618422)

nothing for a while. :(

Rik 4th February 2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 618422)

Just posted now on their Facebook page:

“DAWN OF THE DEAD and MARTIN update! New masters almost complete, including the 3 versions of DAWN, will then be on to the encoding and authoring stage. We've also been working on some very exciting additional content and will be making a further announcement with more details on Friday 13th of March.”

Rob4 4th February 2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 619874)
Just posted now on their Facebook page:

“DAWN OF THE DEAD and MARTIN update! New masters almost complete, including the 3 versions of DAWN, will then be on to the encoding and authoring stage. We've also been working on some very exciting additional content and will be making a further announcement with more details on Friday 13th of March.”

i'm guessing an October release...

Rik 4th February 2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 619878)
i'm guessing an October release...

Yeah, I’m in no rush, I’d rather they take their time and make them the best editions out there :nod:

Dave Boy 4th February 2020 06:19 PM

Blimey! I was only thinking today if there are any updates. Nice.

Susan Foreman 5th February 2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 618398)
Man with the X-Ray Eyes coming from SS

Someone has a sense of humour. 'The Man With X-Ray Eyes' coming from 'Second Sight'!

Anyway...

Pre-order available from Second Sight direct - £22.99

Release date: April 20th

"Obsessed with expanding the powers of human sight, renowned scientist Dr James Xavier aims to develop a formula that will allow the user to see beyond the visible spectrum. Experimenting on himself, he finally perfects a serum that gives him the power to see through solid objects. As he continues experimenting his ambition turns to obsession. No longer able to control the effects, his vision extends beyond the realms of human comprehension until he finally sees more than he can bear"

Special Features
  • New interview with Director Roger Corman
  • American Gothic – interview with Kat Ellinger, Author and Editor of Diabolique
  • Audio commentary by Roger Corman
  • Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
  • Original prologue
  • Joe Dante on The Man With X-Ray Eyes
  • Trailers from Hell with Mick Garris
  • Trailer

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase featuring new artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Reversible poster with new and original artwork
  • Soft cover book with new writing by Jon Towlson and Allan Bryce

Rik 5th February 2020 04:10 PM

Decent enough film, but it’s not worth £22.99 IMO

Rob4 6th February 2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 619944)
Decent enough film, but it’s not worth £22.99 IMO

yes, i'd like this but a standard edition is more appropriate for the status of this film.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th March 2020 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully a release date is coming.

Attachment 223125

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th March 2020 02:18 PM

The Second Sight Films Thread

1 Attachment(s)
October 26th.

"DAWN OF THE DEAD and MARTIN LIMITED EDITIONS to be released October 26th. Dawn of the Dead will include 3 versions and be available in Blu-ray or UHD formats. Pre-order on our site from March 27th when full content will also be revealed. More news on Martin to follow."

Attachment 223128

Rob4 13th March 2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 622210)
October 26th.

"DAWN OF THE DEAD and MARTIN LIMITED EDITIONS to be released October 26th. Dawn of the Dead will include 3 versions and be available in Blu-ray or UHD formats. Pre-order on our site from March 27th when full content will also be revealed. More news on Martin to follow."

Attachment 223128

No mention of LE numbers? Typically I have an appointment that Friday afternoon :rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th March 2020 07:52 PM

Looks ****ing awesome!:woot:

Dave Boy 13th March 2020 08:01 PM

Yeah, great stuff!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th March 2020 08:22 PM

Wonder if that means after midnight on the 26th....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th March 2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 622210)
October 26th.

Attachment 223128

Awesome!

Nostalgic 14th March 2020 03:01 PM

Might have to self-isolate when this comes out!!! Lol!
Hope website doesn't crash on the 27th!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th March 2020 08:55 PM

Any more news on the releases of the year?;)

Rob4 17th March 2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 622624)
Any more news on the releases of the year?;)

nah, nowt... just tumbleweed round these here parts... ;)

Dave Boy 18th March 2020 11:52 AM

I guess we'll know more on the 27th ?

Susan Foreman 24th March 2020 03:28 PM

"DAWN OF THE DEAD update! We're afraid the pre-order date will now be delayed. Latest restrictions will affect production and while we hope the release date won’t change we want to be sure before taking pre-orders. The situation is ever changing so we will update when we can but most importantly Stay Safe."

Nostalgic 24th March 2020 08:15 PM

Just press & release the thing!!! I'm face to face with the public every day & the company I work for just want money so when we all pass it to our families I'll be whistleblowing.

Rob4 25th March 2020 11:56 AM

i think they are right to delay. i have no income at present so money is going to be tight for a few months. i'm sure there a plenty of others in the same position. i have a massive backlog of unwatched product so i'm not suffering in that respect.

Nostalgic 25th March 2020 07:48 PM

I can't work from home, my wife is struggling to homeschool our son as too much being sent by the school & she actually WORKS from home, so has 1 hour a day to teach him. I don't think I'll be watching any films for a while.

The amount of people using coronavirus as an excuse to watch a f@cking boxset when there are people out there forced to work is bullsh!t.

Nhs workers=heroes
Retail workers= abused daily & probably infected. . Ignored.

Rob4 26th March 2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 623268)
I can't work from home, my wife is struggling to homeschool our son as too much being sent by the school & she actually WORKS from home, so has 1 hour a day to teach him. I don't think I'll be watching any films for a while.

The amount of people using coronavirus as an excuse to watch a f@cking boxset when there are people out there forced to work is bullsh!t.

Nhs workers=heroes
Retail workers= abused daily & probably infected. . Ignored.

that's sad. on the flipside in my area i haven't seen any disrespect towards retail workers but then again i did avoid panic buying phase. i also work in the food/feed industry although my role is deemed non-essential at the moment so i'm well aware of the importance of the farm to fork food chain. not downplaying the nhs but it's true that they get all the lauding when others are doing their bit at the coal face too. stay strong Nos - there are people out there who appreciate it :clap:

hope you don't mind me offering some advice on homeschooling as we went through a mini-meltdown with it but have come up with a good system now. what we are doing is is sticking to our sons school timetable. if there is something on the timetable for which nothing has been issued then we use that period to catch up on subjects where it wasn't possible to fit it all in. any problems we are contacting the teachers direct by e-mail (at first this wasn't working but it seems the teachers are up to speed with their replies now). the other thing i would say is not to stress too much about it if they haven't been issued work - just give them some free time until something turns up. if it look like they have too much try and space it out over a number of periods. if its really overwhelming contact the school and find out what the hell they are playing at. for a lot of schools this is a new system also and there are bound to be teething issues before they themselves settle into a routine.

Rik 27th March 2020 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 223339

Definitely the last time I buy this film....probably :lol:

Susan Foreman 23rd April 2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 619940)
Someone has a sense of humour. 'The Man With X-Ray Eyes' coming from 'Second Sight'!

Anyway...

Pre-order available from Second Sight direct - £22.99

Release date: April 20th

Special Features
  • New interview with Director Roger Corman
  • American Gothic – interview with Kat Ellinger, Author and Editor of Diabolique
  • Audio commentary by Roger Corman
  • Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
  • Original prologue
  • Joe Dante on The Man With X-Ray Eyes
  • Trailers from Hell with Mick Garris
  • Trailer

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase featuring new artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Reversible poster with new and original artwork
  • Soft cover book with new writing by Jon Towlson and Allan Bryce

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2020 12:12 PM

Mine arrived Friday.
Wish to **** I had XRAY eyes and I wouldn't have bothered!-no original art on the reverse sleeve.

I'd just've waited on the standard release.:rolleyes:

J Harker 10th May 2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 626471)
Mine arrived Friday.

Wish to **** I had XRAY eyes and I wouldn't have bothered!-no original art on the reverse sleeve.

I'd just've waited on the standard release.:rolleyes:

I've not seen this one but that cover is awful. As others have said it looks like Ricky Gervais on the cover not Ray Milland.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dave Boy 10th May 2020 09:28 PM

^ :lol:

Every time I see this thread bumped up I think it is the DAWN OF THE DEAD pre-orders going live!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 626509)
I've not seen this one but that cover is awful. As others have said it looks like Ricky Gervais on the cover not Ray Milland.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Graham Humphrey's artwork is usually terrific,but sorry G-I'm a fan of the original art for this one.And I sold my Kino disc..... :doh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2020 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 626509)

You know-I've been trying to think who that looked like-you've hit the nail on the head JH.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 626515)
^ :lol:

Every time I see this thread bumped up I think it is the DAWN OF THE DEAD pre-orders going live!

Any word on Martin?

Rik 10th May 2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 626519)
Any word on Martin?

Not yet, no mention about it for weeks :(

Rik 21st May 2020 03:54 PM

Dawn of the Dead preorder update :rockon:

“DAWN OF THE DEAD: LIMITED EDITION Blu-ray and 4 UHD pre-orders update!! Released October 26th, pre-order direct from www.secondsightfilms.co.uk (UK shipping only) from Tuesday May 26th at Midday. Will also be available from all other online retailers shortly after.”