Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2014 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=533)
-   -   Christmas Comp - Mega Prize Bundle! - 21st December 2014 - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2014/12754-christmas-comp-mega-prize-bundle-21st-december-2014-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st December 2014 07:27 PM

Christmas Comp - Mega Prize Bundle! - 21st December 2014 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

To celebrate Christmas and the upcoming New Year, we have a great competition for you to enter, packed with goodies to be one!

Up for grabs, prizes include;
  • Walking Dead T Shirt
  • Insidious 1 & 2 double film boxset
  • The Conjuring Blu-Ray
  • Bates Motel Season 1 & 2 Blu-Ray
  • Zombeavers Blu-Ray
  • The Walking Dead Fourth Season Limited Edition Collectors Book
  • Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell Blu-Ray
  • Grimm season 1-3 collection Blu-Ray
  • VHS DVD
  • Kidnapped DVD
  • Creature From The Black Lagoon 60th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray
  • Mindscape DVD

One lucky winner will get their hands on 10 of these prizes, while 2 lucky runner ups will get one of these prizes each. The prizes will be selected randomly.

To enter, all you need to do is work out the Christmas themed movie titles using the clues in the below image. Once you think you know the answers, simply PM (Private Message) me your answers.

Click here for larger version.

The person who gets the most correct is the winner! If there's a draw, all those tied will be put into a random draw and the winner selected.

This competition will end Sunday 4th Jan.

Good luck everyone!

Kyle :hohoho:

Vipp 22nd December 2014 09:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Kyle one of the answers made me and the other half piss ourselves laughing. Very funny mate but the miss piggy is so random? lol

unrealbe 22nd December 2014 09:50 PM

wow some difficult ones this time around.

PaulD 23rd December 2014 07:19 AM

Christmas Comp - Mega Prize Bundle! - 21st December 2014

Think I have them all although I'm baffled as to how one of them is 'Christmas themed'. Don't think it can be anything else though. Hmm....

Edgeworth 23rd December 2014 10:31 AM

Yeh, there's 2 that I think have that aren't Christmasy at all.

PaulD 23rd December 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 429365)
Yeh, there's 2 that I think have that aren't Christmasy at all.

Yeah you're right! One's close though!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 429366)
Yeah you're right! One's close though!

Ha! Yeah, well they'll do. It's tricky coming up with clues for most Christmas films. Oh well - good luck with this guys - it's a great prize bundle! :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2014 11:37 AM

Oh and don't worry if I haven't replied to your entry just yet. I'm hoping to get back to everyone very shortly :xmascomp:

PaulD 23rd December 2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 429367)
Ha! Yeah, well they'll do. It's tricky coming up with clues for most Christmas films. Oh well - good luck with this guys - it's a great prize bundle! :)

These type of comps are always my favourite! so much fun working out the answers.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2014 02:12 PM

Watch out Paul, there's plenty more where that came from! The weekly comps will return in the new year, back to the good old days - recently they've been slacking, but 2015 we'll be aiming for weekly competitions.

Keep your eye out for more great stuff coming to the forums too!

trouserpress 29th December 2014 06:39 AM

Wow. I'm staring and staring at that thing and cannot see a single movie title! Good job there's a few more days...:xmasworry:

gag 29th December 2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 429893)
Wow. I'm staring and staring at that thing and cannot see a single movie title! Good job there's a few more days...:xmasworry:

I've done that a few times and think I've only got .. So glad I'm not the only one :xmasjig:

trouserpress 29th December 2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 429895)
I've done that a few times and think I've only got .. So glad I'm not the only one :xmasjig:

I've got them now I think. You just have to get yourself into Kyle's twisted mindset. :jollysanta:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th December 2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 429896)
I've got them now I think. You just have to get yourself into Kyle's twisted mindset. :jollysanta:

Ha! That make perfect sense to me :psychosanta::psychosanta:

I'll crack on with replying to all entries today so you can see how many you've gotten right so far :)

Good luck guys! :ladyxmas:

Susan Foreman 30th December 2014 07:50 AM

There is one that I just cannot get!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 03:07 PM

There's not long until this mega competition ends! If you haven't already, have a go and you might be lucky enough to win. A great way to start the year!

unrealbe 2nd January 2015 03:11 PM

I dont know if you have seen it but I found one more and send it by pm

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealbe (Post 430261)
I dont know if you have seen it but I found one more and send it by pm

I sure did, Unrealbe and you were spot on. So, good luck with this!

Boo Radley 2nd January 2015 05:09 PM

Ok, I've sent what I think they are ... fingers crossed!!:cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 430273)
Ok, I've sent what I think they are ... fingers crossed!!:cool:

You're allowing your answers to be interpreted by laws and guidelines set by a competition whose draconian sensibilities may well result in you not winning.

Boo you've gone soft in your old age. ;)

MuckyFunster 3rd January 2015 05:22 PM

Cracking pile of prizes here! I don't know what I'd be happiest with. Grimm is a great show though. Anyone else a fan?

Vipp 3rd January 2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 430374)
Cracking pile of prizes here! I don't know what I'd be happiest with. Grimm is a great show though. Anyone else a fan?

We watched a few epsiodes on Netflix not long ago and i was suprised at how much i enjoyed it. My other half loved it but she likes most of the american shows in the same catagory especially supernatural. The list of gifts for the first winner is just shockingly awesome.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th January 2015 03:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

It's time to put an end to this mega competition and announce the three lucky winners. First off, thank you to everyone who took part in this end-of-2014 competition - lots of great entries that most people managed to get totally correct.

But there can only be one winner and two runner-ups! I've popped the names into a hat and the randomly selected winners are...

:first: Boo Radley!

:second: Nosferatu42!

:third: RedEyeTheCylon!

I've also randomly picked the competition prizes too. Nosferatu42, you have just won the Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell Blu-Ray, RedEye the Insidious box set is all yours and Boo Radley you're now the proud owner of the remaining 10 prizes! Nos, RedEye if you already own your prize, let me know and we can sort that out for you.

Congratulations to the lucky winners - keep your eye out for more great competitions this year. The weekly competitions shall return!

Take care,

Kyle

Rik 4th January 2015 04:03 PM

Well done guys :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th January 2015 04:04 PM

RedEye, I don't seem to have your address. Could you PM me please so we can work out where to send your prize :)

We'll get the prizes in the post as soon as we can!

PaulD 4th January 2015 04:08 PM

Well done guys! Such good prizes too. Look forward to more comps this year Kyle!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th January 2015 04:15 PM

Congratulations on your win Boo.

Well done nos and Red Eye too. :santadance:

Boo Radley 4th January 2015 04:17 PM

Arraagghhh!!!! :snowman:

How chuffed am I? Wow! Awesome! Very impressed!
Thanks guys, that's kicked my New Year off in style! Thank you Kyle. Do you need my address or do you still have it from the last (cough, cough...) competition I won?
Cheers guys, happy new year to you all! :thankingyou::xmasjig:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th January 2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 430430)
Arraagghhh!!!! :snowman:

How chuffed am I? Wow! Awesome! Very impressed!
Thanks guys, that's kicked my New Year off in style! Thank you Kyle. Do you need my address or do you still have it from the last (cough, cough...) competition I won?
Cheers guys, happy new year to you all! :thankingyou::xmasjig:

Well done, Boo! I'll PM you very shortly about that. I think I have your address, but I'll double check with you in a mo :)

Nordicdusk 4th January 2015 04:27 PM

Well done lads great prizes you lucky :censored:

Vipp 4th January 2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 430433)
Well done lads great prizes you lucky :censored:

Nord said it best, bunch of lucky :censored: Haha. Well done guys.

nosferatu42 4th January 2015 04:56 PM

Pretty chuffed with this, :clap:
Won a few bit's and pieces from the comps and it's really nice to get a free film or two now and again, especially as i've been a bit skint recently.:pop2:
Keep up the good work Kyle.:)

Susan Foreman 4th January 2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 430424)
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

It's time to put an end to this mega competition and announce the three lucky winners. First off, thank you to everyone who took part in this end-of-2014 competition - lots of great entries that most people managed to get totally correct.

But there can only be one winner and two runner-ups! I've popped the names into a hat and the randomly selected winners are...

:first: Boo Radley!

:second: Nosferatu42!

:third: RedEyeTheCylon!

I've also randomly picked the competition prizes too. Nosferatu42, you have just won the Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell Blu-Ray, RedEye the Insidious box set is all yours and Boo Radley you're now the proud owner of the remaining 10 prizes! Nos, RedEye if you already own your prize, let me know and we can sort that out for you.

Congratulations to the lucky winners - keep your eye out for more great competitions this year. The weekly competitions shall return!

Take care,

Kyle

And the answers are...

Boo Radley 4th January 2015 05:48 PM

Just for you Suzi...
Home Alone
Black Christmas
Muppet Xmas Carol
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Batman Returns and
The Wizard of Oz.
Ta daaa!!! :cool:

MuckyFunster 4th January 2015 06:08 PM

Well done folks [emoji41][emoji106]

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th January 2015 08:32 PM

Ha! Thanks Boo - I totally forgot to include the answers - my mistake Suzi :doh:

RedEyeTheCylon 4th January 2015 09:39 PM

Nice one! Cheers Kyle, I'll send you my address now. Congratulations to Boo Radley and Nosferatu too! :clap:

nosferatu42 4th January 2015 09:58 PM

Well done to Boo and Redeye too.:clap:

gag 5th January 2015 02:55 AM

Congratulations to the winners well done .

You can see the films when the answers are given but I had got 2, wizard of oz lol very good i was baffled looking at it .

darthelvis 5th January 2015 07:24 AM

Congrats guys!