Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Rec Room - Series Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Greatest Characters? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/rec-room-series-debate/3682-greatest-characters.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 9th February 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 127128)
Almar, he came near the end. He was one of three trainee guards (along with Miss Stout and Meg Mathews son) who became full time and soon was Ferguson's lap dog. Philip Hyde (the actor who played him) gives a brilliant performance, conveying him with the right level of slimyness mixed in with complete stupidity.

Oh yes - a faint bell is tinkling in my head now - it's years since I've watched the end seasons.

mr 420 9th February 2011 11:22 AM

I've forgotten about the cook, good old Mervin Pringle. Did he not end up married to an officer? I think it was the small woman with glasses?

Almar@Cult Labs 9th February 2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 127134)
I've forgotten about the cook, good old Mervin Pringle. Did he not end up married to an officer? I think it was the small woman with glasses?

Joan Barrie!

mr 420 10th February 2011 10:42 AM

That's the one!

ChrissyJM 23rd February 2011 08:52 PM

Ha Merv Married Joyce Barry! My favourite Characters were Queen Bea, Lizzie and Noeline Burke :-) that character was so funny. I loved Phyllis Hunt and Margo Gaffney! One of my all time favourite characters was Helen Smart and feel that she was often not utilised enough! Marie Winter was a great villain but Nola McKenzie for me was the most evil of the villains. Oh and Lou Kelly was evil but funny as well. I liked Myra but she was no where as good as Bea and when Myra was killed the show sort of lost it's way a little until Rita became Top Dog!

mr 420 24th February 2011 11:36 AM

I too think that the show went from strength to strength as it came to it's end, Normally you find it's the other way about. The show normally fizzles out of steam and lurches over the finishing line. Not Prisoner! The final episode left you gasping to find out what would happen to various characters (No spoilers here for anybody who hasn't seen it) after it had finished. I always thought that they could of made another series following the 'exploits' of one of the above said characters in their new surroundings.

Hope that's not too cryptic. If you have seen the final episode then you will know who I'm talking about.;)

Screwbaiter 24th February 2011 06:15 PM

I'm a baddie lover... Reb, Lou, Spider, Franky, Kate

But... I adored the 'returning cast' - Hazel, Mouse, Phyllis, Chrissie, Margo.
Those characters, for me, were the ones that made the show feel 'real'. The oneswho would come and go... and come back again. Fabulous.

haz1987 7th March 2011 10:57 PM

bea and rita:)

Top Dog 8th March 2011 06:34 AM

Most of my favorite characters were from the first few years of the show although I warmed to a few of the later characters towards the end of the show.

I am with screwbaiter when she says those returning characters made the show seem 'real'.

Chrissie, Hazel and Helen were my favorite returning characters. I particularly liked the characters with surprise returns......can I mention them? I am worried about spoilers now.

mr 420 8th March 2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dog (Post 133847)

Chrissie, Hazel and Helen were my favorite returning characters. I particularly liked the characters with surprise returns......can I mention them? I am worried about spoilers now.

I think it should be ok as long as you are not revealing any major plot points. Afterall they will give the fellow lags things to look out for/look forward to.:)