Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Rec Room - Series Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Highlights of Vol.5 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/rec-room-series-debate/5069-highlights-vol-5-a.html)

mr 420 23rd March 2011 11:37 AM

Highlights of Vol.5

This is the place for your favourite bits of volume 5. Is it mad, bad and dangerous to know Kay White and her betting scams or perhaps it's poor little Tracy Morris and her boss's attempts to shut her up for good? Tell everyone here!

mr 420 24th March 2011 10:20 AM

I really enjoyed the barmy storyline that revolved around the social worker Agnes Forster. The dotty old spinster was clearly over the hill, but thought that she was still more than capable of doing the job. I'm glad that Jim Fletcher got together with Jackie Nolan as I was starting to get worried with the way that he was always sticking up for Agnes. It must get desperate for the blokes in Wentworth!:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 07:31 PM

I'm amazed she was even able to remember to feed her cat! I loved Lizzie confronting her about forgetting Lizzie's pass to see her grandaughter before her operation.

mr 420 25th March 2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 138168)
I'm amazed she was even able to remember to feed her cat! I loved Lizzie confronting her about forgetting Lizzie's pass to see her grandaughter before her operation.

'But do you have time for some tea, everybody likes a good cuppa!', seemed to be her catchphrase. I thought that the character was well played as you could believe that she was actually a bit barmy.:loco:

prisonerjohn 25th March 2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 138031)
I really enjoyed the barmy storyline that revolved around the social worker Agnes Forster.

Wasn't it the same actress who played Ettie Parslow?

There are a lot of good bits for me in volume 5 - Lizzie's surpise party (134), Kay White's death (145), escaped prisoner Jacki Nolan recaptured (155) and the introduction of Anne Griffin and the much-loathed Gillespie (160).

mr 420 25th March 2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prisonerjohn (Post 138324)

There are a lot of good bits for me in volume 5 - Lizzie's surpise party (134), Kay White's death (145), escaped prisoner Jacki Nolan recaptured (155) and the introduction of Anne Griffin and the much-loathed Gillespie (160).

After a bit of web-snooping it would appear that she did also play Ettie Parslow, two points to you! I'm just about to watch episode 160 so I will keep a lookout for Stuart Gillespie, he sounds like a right wrong 'un.:cool:

Wilf 26th March 2011 02:58 PM

The least interesting boxset of the bunch, there's very little to actually recommend Volume 5. It contains some of the most pedestrian and tedious storylines the show ever did (the Factory, Tracey Morris and her father, Dor kidnapping Elizabeth) and has some rotten guest characters along the way (Gail, Agnes, Kay).

There are one or two nice moments (the breakdown of Dor and Kevin's marriage is a real weepie, excruciatingly slow though it may be), and even a bad episode of Blocky still kicks the crap out of the rest of television, but there's nothing that's truly memorable in this set of episodes - not for the right reasons, anyway. I actually had to refer to the DVD sleeve to even remember what took place in this set!

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th March 2011 07:18 PM

Starting at vol 5 myself, I'm finding it riveting stuff. Perhaps I'd have a different opinion if I started right from the beginning. I'm enjoying the storylines none the less.

mr 420 28th March 2011 03:51 PM

The scene in which the women spirit away Jackie Nolan in a crate (episode 159) has music that sounds like it's been lifted off The Beyond. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Maybe Fabio got a free holiday out of it?:)

Scott@OnTheInside 28th March 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prisonerjohn (Post 138324)

I completely agree - I really loved the whole Kay White storyline and thought her exit storyline was brilliantly done, poor Lizzie taking the blame for something yet again!