Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   Batman V Superman - Who Gets Your Vote? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/12968-batman-v-superman-who-gets-your-vote.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th April 2015 02:37 PM

Batman V Superman - Who Gets Your Vote?

The brand new trailer for the superhero film, Batman V Superman has been taking the web by storm today! It's easy to see why too...

What do you make of the new trailer?

But whose side will you be on? Are you a bigger fan of Batman or of Superman?

Here's your chance to vote! Let us know who you picked and why, below.

Let the battle commence!

Demoncrat 20th April 2015 02:41 PM

It's obvious
Batman is a leather boy
Superman is a right wing dick

Cough!

Il get me cape......;)

Nordicdusk 20th April 2015 03:00 PM

It's got to be Batman millionaire playboy by day dark mysterious ass kicker by night who would not want that life.

Frankenhooker 20th April 2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 445761)
It's got to be Batman millionaire playboy by day dark mysterious ass kicker by night who would not want that life.

Aye, and he isn't an alien.

gag 20th April 2015 03:15 PM

never been a batman watcher but love the original supermen so cant really comment and imo i cant stand these character v character films the film studios have run out of ideas and most cases its just a exscuse to cash in because the 2 characters are well known and liked, i mean Alien v predator and Freddy v Jason Terrible :computerfix::crying:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 445761)

Not forgetting...

https://33.media.tumblr.com/d4275862...ip43o1_500.gif

Nordicdusk 20th April 2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445766)

He has it all that dirty flying rat bastard :lol:

Bringer Of Funerals 20th April 2015 04:08 PM

Batman for me, :hide: Even though he is just a normal bloke with no powers really lol

trebor8273 20th April 2015 05:50 PM

Batman he is just a much more interesting character than superman. He has no powers and can still kick eveyone else's ass

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2015 06:03 PM

Batsman is more interesting because he has no superpowers, relying on intelligence, fearlessness and, perhaps obviously, his enormous wealth, to become the 'saviour' Gotham City needs.

JoshuaKaitlyn 20th April 2015 06:04 PM

The Bat for me. I like that dark edge the character has, not a fan of the 60's series but Keaton and Bale definitely, and from that one scene of Affleck in the new trailer I'm thinking 'yeah' he might do the role some justice (no pun intended)

Vipp 20th April 2015 06:30 PM

Super man is impervious to anything except some rock that isn;t native this our planet so there is no question about who is 'better' but for me that premise was a little like having all the cheats for your favourite video game... it's great getting what you want but it has no challenge, then it's a matter of time before you start the game again or in my case buy lots of Batman graphic novels. :)

ILOVE the Miller batman story arc and this films is looking very awesome indeed! i will say i couldn't tollerate the abysmal toss that is batman begins but the rest of the films have been great.

finally if batman could have his pick of a million women on this planet what on bloomin earth makes hollywood exec's think he would fall for maggy gillenhall? she looks like a foot.

Batman is 100% awesome.

trebor8273 20th April 2015 07:07 PM

12-0 nobody likes you superman go back to what remains of krypton

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 445818)
finally if batman could have his pick of a million women on this planet what on bloomin earth makes hollywood exec's think he would fall for maggy gillenhall? she looks like a foot.

I really rate Maggie Gyllenhaal as an actress and she is one of those who fits in the 'unconventionally attractive' category.

That said, I'd take Katie Holmes any day of the week!

Nordicdusk 20th April 2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 445818)

maggy gillenhall? she looks like a foot.

:pound:

I do find Maggie to be quite attractive especially in The Secretary.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 445852)
:pound:

I do find Maggie to be quite attractive especially in The Secretary.

And Crazy Heart.

Rik 20th April 2015 09:14 PM

Had to go with Batman :nod:

Speaking of which, this is what I posted on Facebook today:

"Jehovah's Witnesses must absolutely hate me, the other week when I answered the door to them at Rachel's, I told them I was a Satanist bound for the fiery pits of Hell. This morning I thought I'd take advantage of the Batman t-shirt I'm wearing and told them I was "Batman, and Batman doesn't have time for Jesus!". They soon buggered off!"

sjconstable 21st April 2015 10:08 AM

I'd never liked Superman until Man of Steel, however I must still give my vote to Batman as I have always been a Bat-fan! This is my most anticipated film, March can't come fast enough!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st April 2015 11:39 AM

I actually think Smallville is the best thing to come out of either character.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st April 2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445931)
I actually think Smallville is the best thing to come out of either character.

I'm not sure why, but I have never seen Smallville, which has been on my watchlist for several years.

Nordicdusk 21st April 2015 12:08 PM

I used to hang out with a guy who would constantly try get me to watch smallville but I never got around to it. Maybe his badgering me to watch it turned me off it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st April 2015 12:09 PM

I've always loved it. You kind of watch Clark develop the character over the ten years of the series. Whilst the first couple of years are very much monster / villain of the week stories there is a great story arc with Lex Luthor, as portrayed by the outstanding Michael Rosenbaum.

As the series leaves Smallville and Clark gets a job at the Daily Planet things toughen up a lot and the series BBFC rating went from 12 to 15.

Pleasingly it was a series that wasn't afraid to use villains from the Superman mythos. Hence arcs with General Zod, Brainiac, and Doomsday among others. Plus of course the arrival of the Green Arrow and the Justice League.

Nordicdusk 21st April 2015 12:16 PM

Ten years I had no idea it went on for that long.

Susan Foreman 21st April 2015 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Superman?

Pah!

Susan Foreman 19th March 2016 06:20 PM

How Much More Footage Zack Snyder Will Put In Batman v Superman's R-Rated Version - CINEMABLEND

30 minutes - that's how much material is going to be reinstated in the 'R' rated version (and presumable extended UK version), taking the running time up to three hours!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th March 2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 481871)
How Much More Footage Zack Snyder Will Put In Batman v Superman's R-Rated Version - CINEMABLEND

30 minutes - that's how much material is going to be reinstated in the 'R' rated version (and presumable extended UK version), taking the running time up to three hours!

Sounds a little like a Quentin Tarantino approach.

SilverSurfer 6th November 2017 12:16 PM

Batman suffers from schizophrenia so Superman for me.

Susan Foreman 23rd February 2018 07:21 PM

A thing of beauty. Limited Edition 11x17 Poster $24.21

https://teechip.com/posnew792